Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Nov 05, 2007

The fourth main Call of Duty game ditches the World War II setting of the past games to tell a story set in contemporary times, and backs it up with a breakthrough multiplayer mode.

How is the PC version?

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Lukeweizer

I recently built a new PC and have been kind of itching to get a CoD game for it. I've heard pretty bad things about Blops and MW 2. So I decided to see how CoD 4 operates on a PC. I'm pretty new to competitive FPS' on PC, so is cheating and hacking really rampent in CoD 4? That's the biggest thing I'm worried. I don't really care about hacking themselves to the top of the leaderboards, mostly just aim-bot type shit that ruins my in-game experience.

Falx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Falx

Not played it in a while but it is so far the best COD they've put out on PC.

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By mtcantor

Jesus are people still playing CoD4 on pc servers? I guess they must, but that's like a lifetime ago.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Heltom92

I think it will depend on what server you play on really, some will be strict about any sort of cheating/hacking while others won't be.

Also, don't listen to what other people say about Blops and MW2 they are both good games, it's just that people like to hate on the later CoDs because they are popular.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513
    deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plays just fine, but I haven't played it for a few years. I don't remember any blatant hacking/cheating, which I saw within a week of playing MW2. I do remember enjoying some servers having admins that would enforce certain rules (no-tubes, no-martyrdom), just so I could play something different from the standard COD4-fare.

I have no idea where that community is at now, though. But if you're worried about hackers/cheaters, just find a server where there are (good) admins.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Cirdain

@Lukeweizer: @Ubersmake:

When I used to play online games it was excellent. I was one of those crazy dudes who got 258 kills in one high-player count hardcore game (I saw someone get 301). If you go on the servers that are constantly moderated with good admins, where the mods are playing at the same time usually, then those servers have near no cheating. Infact, I only encountered 2 people cheating on those servers and I managed to still get those 2 people as well cos' I had amazing aim with the grenades. The cracked servers sometimes have better mods that the others.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By nintendoeats

I can tell you that last year I played it for about an hour to find out what the CoD multiplayer was all about and I was killed. Constantly. By snipers. It was miserable.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Cirdain

@nintendoeats: Why don't you buy it while you're on your steam sale buying frenzy... seriously. Just Cause 2 is good though.

ZombieSpace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ZombieSpace

I never had any problems with hacking or anything the last time i played it. That game is damn fun on PC and still very active.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lukeweizer

@Ubersmake said:

Plays just fine, but I haven't played it for a few years. I don't remember any blatant hacking/cheating, which I saw within a week of playing MW2. I do remember enjoying some servers having admins that would enforce certain rules (no-tubes, no-martyrdom), just so I could play something different from the standard COD4-fare.

I have no idea where that community is at now, though. But if you're worried about hackers/cheaters, just find a server where there are (good) admins.

Finding good servers is something I'll just have to used to going from console to PC. It's good to hear that there are some admns who run a tight ship though. I'll definitely look out for on the Steam sale now.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Justin258

The multiplayer in BlOps and MW2 isn't bad at all. I don't have those games anymore because I've played so much fucking Call of Duty that I don't want to anymore, but they aren't bad games at all.

Modern Warfare 3, however, is just boring. I don't know why, exactly, and maybe it's because I played so much of it before, but Modern Warfare 3 felt so lifeless and bland in every way.

So, yes, I'd pick up MW1 as well as Black Ops.

haffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By haffy

I played around two months ago for a few hours. It's still pretty lively considering the age of the game. I think it might be more active than the other COD's. But I don't know for sure because I haven't got any other CODs for PC.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By nintendoeats

@Cirdain:...I already own it...

Are you saying that I'm buying too much Steam? XD

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By tim_the_corsair

MW1 is the best of a bad bunch by far.

MW2 had no dedicated servers if I remember correctly.

BLOPS, like all the Treyarch games, was just straight up inferior.

MW3 is balls.

So in conclusion, play Counterstrike.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Cirdain

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

Play Counterstrike.
    FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By FengShuiGod

@Cirdain said:

@Tim_the_Corsair said:

Play Counterstrike.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.