Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Game » consists of 23 releases. Released Nov 05, 2007

The fourth main Call of Duty game ditches the World War II setting of the past games to tell a story set in contemporary times, and backs it up with a breakthrough multiplayer mode.

Its 2010 and I just finished CoD4's campaign for the first time.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By demonbear

Ok so i just finished the COD4 single player game today, in 2010 so its been a while but i finally got my hands on a copy for a good price. I'm not a huge fps fan but I wanted to play this some day. 

Now that its done, I have a few comments. First i'll start by saying that the campaign is good, but its certainly not the perfect campaign everyone said it was back then. The story telling is all over the place and confusing, the missions are connected to each other through those mission screens where you have the characters talking but its never really clear for me as to what are the SAS and the USMC are doing and why they're doing it, at least up until they join up at the end. I feel the story is good but underdevelopped. 

On the good side though, i really understand why everyone likes Captain Price. The best thing i like about this character is that his heroism is never portrayed by what he says but by what he does. He is a man of action and just by looking this animated model moving around, you know the man knows what he's doing. And that is one hell of an achievement for a video game character.

Also, I'm not sure of the release dates here but the engine for this game ( i played the GotY ps3 version ) is ugly at times, especially some textures on the terrain and, dude, Destructible environnement, try it some time. Maybe its on MW2, i don't know but i feel its really missing and that aspect of the game feels one generation behind.

Oh and the multiplayer rocks, but we all know that by now, don't we? 

So overall i liked the campaign but the story is not told as well as it should've been, the action is good, the shooting is alright but i liked all the action of BF Bad Company better, it was executed better and there were vehicles and destructible environnement. Story was more interesting too with a bit of humor. Great game? yes. Masterpiece of a single player campaign? Nope.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Red

I found your problem: 

You're looking for Battlefield: Bad Company in Call of Duty.

lemon360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By lemon360
    @Red said:
    " I found your problem: 

You're looking for Battlefield: Bad Company in Call of Duty. "
    Yup.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.