Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Game » consists of 26 releases. Released Nov 03, 2014

The eleventh installment of the Call of Duty franchise (and the first spearheaded by Sledgehammer Games) brings modern military thirty years into the future, as new technology (including powered exoskeleton frames and cloaking devices) makes a certain Private Military Corporation the dominant military force of the world.

CoD - Armory Slots

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

I'm probably a doofus and only just figured out you could buy more Redeemable equipment slots now when I could have had them months ago...but I just figured that out today.

I typically avoid most CoD DLC excepts for the maps; I don't need textures of guns or extra characters that look like 'Soap'. Yet I was finding the most frustrating thing about the AW was you would get some cool gear yet there were not a lot of redeemable slots to keep that gear. I was mostly selling off the "Enlisted" level weapons because they were sort of piss-poor anyway. But, sometimes there were no weapons to sell off so I was selling other gear...like pants. I don't know about you, but I can never have enough pants!

In some way I can see selling the extra slots. Part of any game is resources management, making choices, so player should reach a point where even in this game they need to make some gear choices. Moreover, I imagine the server holding all player information would be twice as big if all players had twice as much gear to hold. So I get it: they sell the extra gear slots and those slots cost $2 each because it helps the game a bit and helps their server load.

Yet, It stinks on some level to have to buy slots if you want some wiggle room to keep gear and if you want ALL the gear in the game you need to buy four sets of slots which is $8. (Not that 99% of player need all the gear...all the boots, all the Exos, all the hats, and ALL the pants.) Its just damn slots in your redeemable armory!!!

I ended up buying the slots, because -honestly- I wanted to keep more gear. I don't feel too bad about it because what's $2 anyway. Did anyone else buy more slots?

lachlan902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I still haven't used all of my slots, but it seems affordable. I mostly like the outfits, and I also deleted the guns that seem worse than the base model. I don't have too many guns drop, mostly just clothes and player cards.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.