• 65 results
Dimi3je

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Dimi3je

Top 10, probably. GOTY, seriously doubt it.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By AssInAss

I've heard this before elsewhere, that COD:AW may be one of the best games of the year, and that it may be the best FPS this year.

Did everyone suddenly forget Wolfenstein? When that came out, it was incredible. It stole most of the positive press from Watch_Dogs. It wasn't supposed to be that good, and yet it came out right before Watch_Dogs, a huge, hyped up Ubisoft release, and stole the show in May. But yet I feel like everyone is forgetting that it even came out whenever I see nominees or people talk about GOTY stuff. Not that it is bad, but just forgotten. The staff, for the most part, loved it. So I'd have a hard time seeing a "good" COD winning over something like Wolfenstein, that isn't annualized and wasn't supposed to be as good as it was. COD just got back to being a "good" COD game this year after last year's disappointment.

Wolfenstein is one of the best shooters ever made. It's now the new standard for me. Not easily forgotten when FPSs not as good keep on getting released. Shit, I made a case for it over on NeoGAF (I'm Messofanego over there).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=849941

It's my personal GOTY.

Plus, it has actual dogs in there compared to Watch Dogs! :D

No Caption Provided

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know. This year is weird. The only games I've played and liked this year is Dragon Age, Mordor, kinda Destiny and South Park. Dragon Age is clear GOTY.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It won't be his GOTY, but it'll be on his list. I can't even guess what Jeff GOTY will be. Shovel Knight? Wolfenstien? Who knows.

Lausebub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Lausebub

I think it's going to be up high on his personal list, but behind Far Cry 4 and Bayonetta 2 once he gets around to play that game.

You Everyone should play Bayonetta 2, Jeff.

Dragon_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I think personal lists have different criteria for which games are allowed, compared to the overall GOTY. Don't think remasters and rereleases would be a problem on a personal list. We pretty much already know that MCC will be Drew's GOTY for example and Jeff (semi) had Persona 4: Golden on his list a couple of years ago. With that in mind I think Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls will be pretty high on Jeff's list. Don't know if it will bet CoD, but the choice is probably between those 2 and Jazzpunk.

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I bet we will see Titanfall somewhere on his list, he was pretty big on it at time of release.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@assinass: You forgot the best part. YOU CAN DUAL WIELD SNIPER RIFLES!

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

There are many worse choices this year than AW, that's for sure

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#60  Edited By kaos_cracker

Bruh, DOTA 2

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@humanity said:

@artisanbreads: Dragon Age just seems empirically like a game he wouldn't enjoy. It's slow paced, with a lot of reading and traditional role playing elements. I won't say I know Jeff per-se, but from what I've seen along the years that is not the sort of experience he enjoys. Borderlands is probably the closest thing to an RPG that I've seen him take a liking to and that is probably only because it's a very fast paced action game without a lot of the typical heavy dialog. Jeff likes stuff like Gunpoint, Far Cry, Syndicate, Saints Row - games you get in and they just go. This is why I was always surprised that he seemed to think Gone Home was great as I was hoping he would be the one person out of the group to say "this is sorta neat but it's not all that amazing guys." Although I'm sure he would just say he liked it because it was a "good game." Always keeping us on our toes that Jeff.

Yeah no doubt. I don't expect him to take much from any RPG. And I'm used to Jeff but still have some of the same reactions when he hates on an RPG or whatever.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 15

It won't be his GOTY, but it'll be on his list. I can't even guess what Jeff GOTY will be. Shovel Knight? Wolfenstien? Who knows.

Oh yah, Shovel Knight might steal it I remember him liking that a bunch.

calbags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By calbags

Sonic Boom for sure, seriously though i don't know about Jeff but someone needs to fight for Stick of Truth and Shovel Knight

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#64  Edited By AssInAss
PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

Shovel Knight.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.