Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 12, 2018

The Call of Duty release for 2018 ditches a traditional single-player campaign in favor of expanded multiplayer and Zombies modes and a battle royale mode known as Blackout.

This game is murdering my data cap

Paliv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Paliv

The updates to this game are so large and frequent that whenever I find time to play it needs an update, so then I don’t. Also these updates are huge. Never thought I’d be annoyed by a company updating their game regularly.

vortextk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

If only we could go back to MS charging 10k to stop them from being so frequent everywhere.

Data caps sound horrendous and the only way I don't have one is because I have the absolute bare minimum cheapest possible local ass channels tv package bundled with my internet which gives me unlimited. U.S. atleast we hardly get any chances to actually pick a provider though, so one of these days...

Paliv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good point, those updates are frequent and broken games get fixed these days. We cut the cord right before Comcast hit us with data caps. So I’ve had to manage monthly downloads ever since.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By InternetDotCom

Not to state the obvious but the concept data caps are the problem not the download sizes

Paliv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@internetdotcom: Totally agree, just was venting after I got about 50GB of updates in a 4 weeks span. Also the other issue is solely mine as well, when I have time to play. Generally around my lunch break on Tuesday or Wednesday, which is the time an update has been sent out, but my xbox hasn't downloaded it yet.

octaslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By octaslash

@internetdotcom: Data caps are a reality that aren’t going away anytime soon. Large, frequent updates and patches that are as big as the entire game are usually do to poor planning on the developers part.

haneybd87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Correction : *All games are* murdering my data cap. Everything these days has frequent and large updates that get me near my cap almost every month.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@octaslash: Games are going to keep getting larger and several companies are trying to start fully streaming games and these are problems that are only going to get worse with the state of internet at least in the US

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yeah my buddy recently moved to a place where his cap is 250GB a month, and it's 10 bucks for an extra 25GB after you go over you cap. It's really weird to have to pick and choose what games to update for the month (or for him to decide to pay 10 dollars for an update).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.