Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 12, 2018

The Call of Duty release for 2018 ditches a traditional single-player campaign in favor of expanded multiplayer and Zombies modes and a battle royale mode known as Blackout.

Will the PC port be better than previous ports of CoD?

craigieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By craigieboy

Since Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare I've been into the games on and off, more so off in recent times with Black Ops 3 the last one I put any serious time into. With the exception of Modern Warfare which I originally had on PC, I've played the franchise on console mostly due to it being my prefered choice of platform at the time. Nowadays though most of my gaming is done on PC and every now and then I get curious to see how the PC versions of the series are doing and 99% of what I hear is negative. I heard of bad things as early as Modern Warfare 2 with the exclusion of dedicated servers and overtime it seems from the outside that cheaters and hackers became more numerous as the games went on.

With this one however regardless of what we all think the actual quality of the game is going to be I have a little bit of hope that this one will at least be a better experience on PC than previous titles. The game being sold on the Blizzard app rather than Steam could potentially help the port on the basis of them maybe being more vocal of a bad port on thier app. Also with this game being pretty much multiplayer only should surely put more pressure on Activision on putting out a more serviceable game on the PC platform right?

I'll still remain skeptical till I see the reception after the initial release but this might be the first CoD I get on PC since 2007 if the game is good and works good on PC as well, as unlikely as that may be.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It better be, COD2 was the last game developed for the PC, since then all the PC releases have been console ports of varying quality, Ghosts was the low point but since then the quality of the ports has improved, however it blew my mind when MW: Remastered had no FOV options for single player, something the community had to make a mod for.
    It's not just technical issues which stain PC ports it's the balance of the games, COD is now balanced for analogue sticks, weapons are designed with very high damage output many killing in one hit, which for mouse users turns a lot of matches into, essentially, instagib. CODWW2 has a lot of issues and hardly any of them technical, "Playlist Updates" will force you to restart the game and spend around 10 seconds waiting to connect to the matchmaking servers you had already connected to before having to restart, and hackers are everywhere, but it's the poor map design and awful weapon balance that really lets it down.
    With BO4 being multiplayer only it better be a really impressive offering, and having a dedicated studio working on and supporting the PC version i'd hope it gets its own balance, on top of tailored patching and anti cheat, if not it'll be really disappointing.

And i hate that Treyarch are in this position, they made the best campaigns with good overall ports to the PC, now they seem to be attempting damage control with some kind of experimental battle royale mode.

nnickers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one can answer this question for you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.