Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 13, 2012

The Black Ops storyline continues, switching the past Cold War from the game's predecessor to future 2025, as a new Cold War between U.S.A. and China flares up due to the actions of one vengeful drug-runner.

Black Ops II and a healthy heart

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By conker

BLOPS 2 is the first Call of duty game I purchase and play for more than a couple of hours since Modern Warfare 2. I loved that game. According to steam, I have put a total of 300 hours into the multi-player. I know what youre thinking. This is MADNESS.

I've been craving a multi player shooter game for a little while now, and it seemed that players and critics alike enjoyed BLOPS2 for what it brought to the table. And it was on sale on steam, so I thought "why the heck not?"

I have now beaten the campaign, put 39 hours into the multi player, and have played zombies for a whopping SIX MUNTES. And I'm just not...happy?

I'm not really having fun with this game. I dont know if its the target finders,the laser sights, the kap-40, or the fact that, in my experience, you HAVE to use an smg, or youre most likely going to go really negative. The maps are, for the most part, great. Except for Drone. God damn it man, what a god damn awful map.

Back in the mw2 days, I was regularly numba 1 on a given server I was playing in. Now yes, I did play it for much longer, but even starting out, I had fun, even though I wasnt doing all that great early on. I have only had 2 games in blops2 where I really took off, and both I was rushing with that kap-40 or a shotgun.

Maybe I really am not ready for more Call of duty after all? At least the campaign was amazing!

Thanks for reading :)

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Justin258

I feel like every single year, a decent number of these threads get made and the answer is often the same: You're burned out on the series and need to move on. Team Fortress 2 is free!

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@believer258 said:

I feel like every single year, a decent number of these threads get made and the answer is often the same: You're burned out on the series and need to move on. Team Fortress 2 is free!

Pretty much. They keep putting out a COD game every year and the core of it is always the same, understandable people would get bored of it.

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By conker

@believer258: Yup. I only wish I didnt spend the 50 dollars I did on this game. Oh well.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Phatmac

I still think that they gave it a great effort on Teyarch's part with the different endings and different character choices. I really liked it as well as the multiplayer. Also the Kap-40 rules.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By aurahack

The SMGs are pretty stupid overpowered. That they can stand toe-to-toe against all the assault rifles at mid-to-long ranges is fucking stupid. And the lag comp is still a problem, despite their numerous attempts to fix it.

I don't know. I think this is the year where I finally am burning out on the series. The changes they brought are terrific and meaningful to long-time players, but the progression is still the same. It's kind of a bummer. :(

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By conker

@aurahack said:

The SMGs are pretty stupid overpowered. That they can stand toe-to-toe against all the assault rifles at mid-to-long ranges is fucking stupid. And the lag comp is still a problem, despite their numerous attempts to fix it.

I don't know. I think this is the year where I finally am burning out on the series. The changes they brought are terrific and meaningful to long-time players, but the progression is still the same. It's kind of a bummer. :(

This is basically how I feel. The campaign was really great though, really enjoyed it.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By aurahack

@Conker said:

@aurahack said:

This is basically how I feel. The campaign was really great though, really enjoyed it.

Yap. The way it hides some of the alternate paths and decisions from you is pretty stellar. I loved it. I might be getting a little hyperbolic but what they did with the single-player felt to me like the revolution COD4 was for multiplayer. That kind of "Oh, someone did something new to this genre and this is kind of an amazing change for the better."

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By conker

@aurahack said:

@Conker said:

@aurahack said:

Yap. The way it hides some of the alternate paths and decisions from you is pretty stellar. I loved it. I might be getting a little hyperbolic but what they did with the single-player felt to me like the revolution COD4 was for multiplayer. That kind of "Oh, someone did something new to this genre and this is kind of an amazing change for the better."

Sadly though, as a student, I cant justify a 50 or 60 dollar purchase on a single player campaign as short as this one. Ah COD4. Possibly the most fun I've had online second only to Quake 3

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By laserbolts

Black ops 2 has grown on me a bit. Sure the maps are shit but I think this may be the most balanced cod yet. I started trying to unlock the diamond camo so using different guns keeps it somewhat interesting.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Subjugation

Wait, did I miss the part where you talk about a healthy heart?

Also, it really does sound like you are just over it. "It" being Call of Duty, which is understandable considering how much time you say you have put into it. Even if you really love something, if there isn't enough done to it to keep it fresh and entertaining, you will eventually just grow tired of it and burn out.

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By conker

@Subjugation: I didnt explicitly mention it, but I was implying that I the game made me angry, which can't be good for my heart. But yes, I guess I really am just done with Call of Duty.

Troispoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Troispoint

@Conker: First of all, Drone is a great map. I have no idea what makes you think this map is terrible. It has sniping spots, close quarter areas and areas where the mid range game dominates. And looks good in general. And yes, SMGs dominates this game, but not to the degree where assault rifles would dominate in Black Ops 1(I havent played MW3, but I did played MW2 and assault rifles would dominate big time aswell.) So yeah, its probably you who got burnt on the series. BO2 is just fine.

Nikoran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Nikoran

You're probably just fed up with CoD altogether. You should probably try playing other games like TF2 or NS2.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By OldManLight

Maybe you're just getting numb to the things that are actually great about the CoD series and are focusing on the negative. I'm a pretty consistent CoD player but every once in a while i take a sabbatical from from all the multiplayer nonsense and go play some nice single player games. Sometimes i even try to avoid shooters just to get a good change of pace. Hope you find some use out of your purchase down the road. This has been my favorite CoD since probably MW2.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
    Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

I'm in the same boat, my last Cod was Black Ops. I was getting ratios like off like 15\7 my first couple games, and just really wasn't having fun. Got angry by everyone using auto aim sniper rifles, like getting shot in the foot is a insta-kill now?

But I think it has the best campaign since probably COD4, that level where you land on the 1% cruise ship island is a fucking masterpiece of a level. So much atmosphere. Don't really did those multiplayer maps they inserted into the singleplayer though, I ended up just skipping all those.

tvekrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tvekrules

Definitely get it for the single player alone. The story itself is intriguing and Menendez is a great villain. The addition of of player choices, while no Mass Effect 3, also adds depth to the story and will make you want to replay just to see what how different choices can affect the story (or you can just look it up on Youtube).

The Multiplayer has also changed, in my opinion for the better, and the controls feel tighter. The new Pick 10 system is also nice, allowing you to play more diverse than any other Call of Duty game without making the game feel unbalanced. All in all, great game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.