Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 13, 2012

The Black Ops storyline continues, switching the past Cold War from the game's predecessor to future 2025, as a new Cold War between U.S.A. and China flares up due to the actions of one vengeful drug-runner.

how are the maps?

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Tarsier

the problem i had with black ops 1 were the maps. they were messy and all close quarters. just a bunch of objects and buildings placed in nonsensical arrangements that didnt benefit the gameplay or create interesting possibilities at all..

has this been solved?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

The maps in Black Ops 1 were brilliant compared to MW3, and these are even smaller than Black Ops 1.  Or perhaps they just feel that way so far because nobody knows them yet.  None the less, I seriously doubt you'll think the maps are an improvement.   

See for yourself: 
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44317100&postcount=3601

Spookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Spookie

How are the maps? Small, cramped and poorly designed.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Hizang
    @Tarsier Black Ops had fantastic maps, I don't know what your talking about. From what I've played of it I quite like the map selection, the carrier one is awesome.
    Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Mighty

That's one thing that Treyarch has done (in my opinion) better than Infinity Ward. I've enjoyed their maps much more.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#6  Edited By gla55jAw

With the few hours that I've played so far, I enjoy them immensely more than MW3.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By musubi

If you don't like fast close quarters fighting then Call of Duty isn't for you. Almost all the maps in past games have been small except for a select few.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Tarsier

@Demoskinos said:

If you don't like fast close quarters fighting then Call of Duty isn't for you. Almost all the maps in past games have been small except for a select few.

there was actually a good balance on world at war, and MW2 had its share of reasonably designed maps.

i think my problem is less about close quarters gameplay, and more about the fact that was all there was in black ops 1. from what you guys are saying it seems there is a similar lack of variety here . . . thanks every one! ill stick to halo 4 : )

MstrMnyBgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By MstrMnyBgs

You can basically put away all your snipers, there are very few spots that snipers are useful in these new maps, and if they are it is only covering a small walkway or corridor, rather than getting a good vantage point over the map.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.