Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 13, 2012

The Black Ops storyline continues, switching the past Cold War from the game's predecessor to future 2025, as a new Cold War between U.S.A. and China flares up due to the actions of one vengeful drug-runner.

I learn to chill the ef out, FPS Freeks, and Black Ops 2 emblems.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

Edited By OldManLight

Hey all,

So i feel like i've reached an understanding with the new iterations of my favorite multiplayer games. For whatever reason something clicked and i'm now less worried about design decisions in Halo 4 and i'm now just enjoying the ride and fun chaos that made me fall in love it it in the first place. Likewise with Black Ops 2. I had a rocky start with that game but i think i've turned a corner where i understanding how the changes made affect the gameplay and i'm enjoying myself shooting dudes once again. For anyone who read my frustration driven posts on the site, apologies.

Other news, i recently cashed in some of my Gamestop reward points toward a set of those FPS Freeks thumbstick extenders (image above). For those who don't know what they are, they're basically an extra thumbstick that snaps onto the existing ones in order to provide you better range of motion. They look ridiculous. I was skeptical after hearing about them but after spending the weekend with them, i notice a difference. Sniper shots are easier to line up, minute corrections to aiming are easier to make and in general, i don't feel as much like i have a claw when i stop playing. Recommended.

Also, i've noticed that i'm a better BLOPS 2 emblem artist than i am a player and i'm OK with that. Attached some at the top. See you online.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By OldManLight

Hey all,

So i feel like i've reached an understanding with the new iterations of my favorite multiplayer games. For whatever reason something clicked and i'm now less worried about design decisions in Halo 4 and i'm now just enjoying the ride and fun chaos that made me fall in love it it in the first place. Likewise with Black Ops 2. I had a rocky start with that game but i think i've turned a corner where i understanding how the changes made affect the gameplay and i'm enjoying myself shooting dudes once again. For anyone who read my frustration driven posts on the site, apologies.

Other news, i recently cashed in some of my Gamestop reward points toward a set of those FPS Freeks thumbstick extenders (image above). For those who don't know what they are, they're basically an extra thumbstick that snaps onto the existing ones in order to provide you better range of motion. They look ridiculous. I was skeptical after hearing about them but after spending the weekend with them, i notice a difference. Sniper shots are easier to line up, minute corrections to aiming are easier to make and in general, i don't feel as much like i have a claw when i stop playing. Recommended.

Also, i've noticed that i'm a better BLOPS 2 emblem artist than i am a player and i'm OK with that. Attached some at the top. See you online.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Ben_H

I hope those codes in the first image are claimed. 
    Edit: though I guess they both have a character blocked, but still. 

Those thumbstick things look bonkers. They would be neat to use with Forza.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By OldManLight

yeah they are. sorry to get anyone's hopes up.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Ben_H
    @OldManLight said:

yeah they are. sorry to get anyone's hopes up.

Ok good. I would hate for you to lose a Collector's edition code or something because of that. That would really suck.
    Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Justin258

I used those thumbstick thingies once, a while back, on the 360. Surprisingly, they didn't feel that bad - but they do look stupid and they still don't come anywhere close to the accuracy of a good mouse, so I'll pass.

Also, I want to get Halo 4 and play it multiplayer but I'm having a really hard time justifying the cost of Xbox Live Gold. I want those games on PC. All of them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.