Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 13, 2012

The Black Ops storyline continues, switching the past Cold War from the game's predecessor to future 2025, as a new Cold War between U.S.A. and China flares up due to the actions of one vengeful drug-runner.

Serious Question: Why do you keep buying Call of Duty games?

• 158 results
    fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#151  Edited By fattony12000

Dat Garand.

SniperXan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By SniperXan

I find them very very fun. With the sole exception of Modern Warfare 3 I have had countless hours of solid fun with all of these games, both single player and multi. It's sad that i'm looked down upon by the vocal few because I enjoy a series of games. But whatever.

Faltru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#153  Edited By Faltru

Black Ops II is the first CoD game I have bought since the first Modern Warfare. I bought it because I felt like shooting some dudes, and also I liked what I heard about the more open ended Campaign. So far I haven't been disappointed.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#154  Edited By OldManLight

I like shooters and Multiplayer, i've been hooked on Call of Duty multiplayer since the Beta for CoD4. The only time i haven't been as into since then it has been World at War.

I'll agree that they are starting to get a bit stale but Blops2 has me more entertained than Halo 4 multiplayer atm.

Blastroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#155  Edited By Blastroid

The same reason I keep buying and eating my favorite foods. Sometime I don't want my favorite foods to change and can still enjoy them. For me COD is not about re-inventing itself each and every time but giving me what I like and maybe trying a new spice or two every once in awhile. If you mess with the recipe too much it is not the same. If it works and people enjoy it then don't break it. Each COD is like a huge map pack with a few twists. This is all I expect from the franchise and I am not let down like the other gamers that wanted something different. No matter how close you keep the game the same or change it one side or the other will hate it. At the end of the day if I am entertained by it then it is a win for me. Today we have more choices than ever if you don't like a game then don't play it and choose something different. If you want something different then don;t buy a game you know will not deliver. The first IP to create a game that everyone likes can happen but then you will wake up and realize it was only a dream.

BearSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#156  Edited By BearSpark

I'm a gamer. I love games. Racing, Sim, RPG or FPS. Doesn't matter what. I just love games. COD being a game. I can't help it. An addiction if you will.

SpudBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#157  Edited By SpudBug

Yep, I have a lot of fun with them. The single player is pretty garbage but I do enjoy trying to get good at the multiplayer. Black Ops 1 is genuinely one of my favorite games of all time. I think that blops 2 is worse, but only because it doesn't have as good of maps and there's too much bullshit about the game spawning tons of enemies around you when you start getting high killstreaks and spawning enemies that come up behind you and dumb shit like that. Black Ops 1 was a lot better about that.

PhilipDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#158  Edited By PhilipDuck

Why do i buy the new iPhone every year..? It's because i'm an idiot : )

JBG4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#159  Edited By JBG4

I have fun with it. The main reason is that I really enjoy playing it with my friends. Most of them only play a couple of games per year and COD is always one of them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.