Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

The seventh installment of the long-running action franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops puts players into the early era of the Cold War (including the Vietnam War) as a member of the United States black operations unit known as the SOG.

I Just Met the Military Adviser for Call of Duty...

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By bicycleham

So today at my job, a simple suburban hardware store, I saw a guy that looked and sounded almost exactly like the military adviser in the Call of Duty videos. At some point I approached him and he began to ask me what I do in my spare time. Eventually the small talk evolved into video games and he asked me what video games I play. First thing that came to my mind was Call of Duty and to my surprise he actually was the military adviser for Call of Duty. After talking to him for a while I began to talk about Battlefield 3. Turns out he really doesn't like Battlefield cause it's made by Swedes. Huh. Anyways, he seemed to be a nice guy and I just wanted to share this with you.

hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By hero_swe

...Sure.
    bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By bicycleham
    @Hero_Swe said:
    ...Sure.
    You dun believe me? I'm a sad panda.
    thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By thehexeditor

Did he look like this?

No Caption Provided
    pieman32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pieman32

LOL HE HATIN ON DEM SWEDES!

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By JCTango
    @Xolare: That's pretty cool.  Did you find out what kind of military credentials he had, and how he got to become a military adviser for a video game?  I used to play Project Reality, a mod for Battlefield 2 - they used to get military advisers to give them ideas on which direction to go, and how weapons should sound/move/modelled - For the most part they were volunteers (because the mod was that good! :)).  In fact a few of my clanmates were from the military and they had some say in the mod's direction as well.  They weren't super-high ranked soldiers, but an army grunt. 
    bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bicycleham
    @thehexeditor said:

Did he look like this?

No Caption Provided
    Yes

@JCTango said:
    @Xolare: That's pretty cool.  Did you find out what kind of military credentials he had, and how he got to become a military adviser for a video game?  I used to play Project Reality, a mod for Battlefield 2 - they used to get military advisers to give them ideas on which direction to go, and how weapons should sound/move/modelled - For the most part they were volunteers (because the mod was that good! :)).  In fact a few of my clanmates were from the military and they had some say in the mod's direction as well.  They weren't super-high ranked soldiers, but an army grunt.  
    I didn't really go in depth with him on much things. It was just casual small talk like what I do in school and what I want to be when I grow up. Casual stuff like that. But at the register he asked how many hot girls are at my school which kinda threw me off.
    thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By thehexeditor

@Xolare said:

But at the register he asked how many hot girls are at my school which kinda threw me off.

Son, he was just testing you to see if you were gay or not.

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bicycleham
    @thehexeditor said:

@Xolare said:

But at the register he asked how many hot girls are at my school which kinda threw me off.

Son, he was just testing you to see if you were gay or not.

...Dear God.
    JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By JCTango
    @Xolare: @Xolare said:
    Man... that is pretty damn creepy... hahaha.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.