Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

The seventh installment of the long-running action franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops puts players into the early era of the Cold War (including the Vietnam War) as a member of the United States black operations unit known as the SOG.

Leaked info on black ops huge info!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 143 results
    DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#101  Edited By DoctorWelch
    @sofacitysweetheart said:
    " @DoctorWelch said:
    " Did they also announce the feature of not being completely broken? "
    Oh, I get it. Because MW2 had some minor issues with weapon balancing in the MP, that makes it completely broken... sigh. "
    Or maybe because there are still like 100 glitches and exploits, and the leveling and prestiges mean nothing because everyone can boost soooo easily. Also, if quick-scoping isnt a prime example of the game being broken, than nothing is.
    DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By DoctorWelch
    @LiquidPrince said:
    " @DoctorWelch said:
    I don't know what people mean by this. When I play, I never have any issues... Broken implies that the game doesn't work... "
    When I say broken, I dont mean unplayable, I basically mean that you can do shit in the game that you shouldnt be able to do so it basically breaks the balance of the game. There are still tons of exploits and glitches, leveling and prestiges mean nothing because of boosting, and things like quick-scoping completely break the gameplay. Dont get me wrong, I still really liked the game, but they need to fix the stupid things that are wrong with the multiplayer. 
    Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#103  Edited By Interfect
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#104  Edited By jakob187
    @Log said:
    " i still dont see why the fuck vehicles need to be in a Call of Duty game and there was never anything OP about a shotgun as your secondary weapon so I dont get why thats being changed either. Other than that though the changes look good. "
    I think the shotgun change is solely because people use them as their primary already.  Therefore, you might as well just offer it as a primary instead of secondary to kill the time for switching weapons.  I will say that it will make it a bit more interesting, however, since there will be no type of long range beyond a pistol or launcher for your secondary. 

I'm curious if there are going to be any tweaks made to noob tubes.
    fentonalpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#105  Edited By fentonalpha

Zombie mode...... I'm calling it....  You can get it with Hardened and Prestige... we know this.... but its a code for the PSN/XBLA dedicated game that will cost $15 normally.
    Wait and see.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#106  Edited By jakob187
    Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Interfect
    TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108  Edited By TheHT
    @xnoxiousx said:
    " @RecSpec said:

" Seeing as I play CoD games for the story, NONE of this intrigues me at all. "

• Enemy AI in Campaign and Co-op is now smarter
    "
    but... that has nothing to do with the story.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

All sounds good but Vehicles. The vehicles have never been good in COD

senrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#110  Edited By senrat

World at war was the last cod i actually enjoyed playing online since MW2's was broken and bad.  This game is bringing the things i liked about WaW and making them better hopefully. Also im glad gore is back. And no commando HELL YESSS!!!!

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#111  Edited By 234r2we232
    @DoctorWelch said:
    " @sofacitysweetheart said:
    " @DoctorWelch said:
    Oh, I get it. Because MW2 had some minor issues with weapon balancing in the MP, that makes it completely broken... sigh. "
    Or maybe because there are still like 100 glitches and exploits, and the leveling and prestiges mean nothing because everyone can boost soooo easily. Also, if quick-scoping isnt a prime example of the game being broken, than nothing is. "
    1. There are glitches and exploits in every game. The more popular the game, the more people there are to find them. I'm not trying to justify why people do it, but it does happen. But this doesn't make it "completely broken".

2. I'm pretty sure Tactical Insertion was not intended so 9 year olds could hide away in a game of Free For All and cheat together. Those miserable cretins invented that. So long as there are popular games and shitty players, there will be boosting.

3. I don't know what quick scoping is. It sounds like an exploit, tho. Those have been around in video games for a while :). Dudes playing the same game too much, it'll happen.

Again, not saying any of this is okay. But it's not so much the games fault, more the fault of the people playing it. People can scream "MW2 sux" 'till it hurts, but all the problems that game suffers can most often be found in every other game at some point, including ones they'll preach like fanboys over.
    DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By DoctorWelch
    @sofacitysweetheart:  1. Sorry, but you are straight up wrong with this one. There arent major glitches and exploits in games people want to play competitively, Street Fighter IV, Starcraft, and even the Halo games have 1/100th of the glitches or exploits MW2 does. Having the excuse "There are so many people playing it they will eventually find something" is a down right pathetic excuse. Especially because when someone finds something like that in one of the games listed above, they fix it. I would have no problem with MW2 if they took the time to fix the dumb shit, but they havent really fixed anything important except for the model shotguns range.

2. I'm sorry again, but that logic is insane. People didnt make the tactical insertion work the way it does, the developer did. This is another one of my big problems with MW2, IW just thought of a bunch of ideas, threw them in, and shipped the game. It was almost like they didnt even think about or test the multiplayer to see what could go wrong.

3. And again I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be a dick, but if you dont know what quick scoping is than you havent played enough MW2 to be participating in this discussion. 

For the conclusion, its not that I hate MW2 (in fact I still play it occasionally). The problem is, if you are making hundreds of millions of dollars off of this game, and millions of people play it, the least you could do is make it competitively balanced. If Blizzard and Capcom can do it, than IW should havebeen/be able to too. The one thing I will say though is it is sorta hard to fault them for not doing anything after the huge fallout earlier this year. Also, I am expecting Black Ops to have a significantly better multiplayer simply because of what Treyarch can learn from MW2, my original comment was purposefully sorta angry and dumb.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#113  Edited By CL60

Looks like they are balancing it quite a bit.

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Cramsy
    IcySandman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By IcySandman

All this, Dedicated servers, lean on PC, not as crazy as MW2?  Hell yeah.

GTFan712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By GTFan712

Why would they bring back vehicles? They were one of the worst additions in World at War. Unless they're just transport vehicles, I don't see them working this time around. 

Other than that, it sounds great. I can't wait to get my Zombie back on. 

-GT

ToxicAntidote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#117  Edited By ToxicAntidote

Fifteen exclamation marks? Wow, this should be important stuff. O.o

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#118  Edited By tebbit

Removing Commando is probably a good idea. I found that on certain maps, people were more likely to just fall back on it and go around knifing dudes, and it's sort of a rough thing to counter.

gungrave45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 11

#119  Edited By gungrave45

All I care about is if they nerf the grenade launcher.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#120  Edited By mikemcn
    @jakob187 said:
    " @Mikemcn said:
    " That all sounds...... fucking awesome. "
    I agree with that sentiment entirely.  Treyarch did the shit necessary to balance some stuff out more...  ...except for vehicles.  Call of Duty doesn't need vehicles.  Call of Duty 3 and World at War proved that all too well.  Terrible, terrible idea...unless they can somehow find a way to make them a little less ridiculous.  Nonetheless, the changes to killstreaks, lack of Commando and One Man Army, and shotties/MPs going into primary slot are definitely good balance tweaks. "
    I didn't play WAW or COD3 so im not sure how vehicles were in those games. Infinity ward said that vehicles made maps less centralized, so combat wasnt as intense. Which is why they didn't have them in COD2, COD4 and MW2
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By TwoOneFive

you know what is going to be horrible though: 

rc c4.  

only 3 kills for that thing? imagine hardcore s&d.  

it better show up on radar or have a distinct noise or...fuck something. 

Damien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Damien

I have to say, this all seems promising.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @Mikemcn said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    " @Mikemcn said:
    I agree with that sentiment entirely.  Treyarch did the shit necessary to balance some stuff out more...  ...except for vehicles.  Call of Duty doesn't need vehicles.  Call of Duty 3 and World at War proved that all too well.  Terrible, terrible idea...unless they can somehow find a way to make them a little less ridiculous.  Nonetheless, the changes to killstreaks, lack of Commando and One Man Army, and shotties/MPs going into primary slot are definitely good balance tweaks. "
    I didn't play WAW or COD3 so im not sure how vehicles were in those games. Infinity ward said that vehicles made maps less centralized, so combat wasnt as intense. Which is why they didn't have them in COD2, COD4 and MW2 "
    yeah say that to bad company 2. infinity ward had a bigass ego and they loved making shitty excuses.  
     but they wont make any excuse for the horrible idea that one man army and commando were. or marathon and lightweight. infinite noobtoobs and infinite impossible stabbing and running. greaaat,
    Liam_mk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Liam_mk

Did they announce the feature where five year olds swear and I start loosing faith in humanity as a whole?

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By meteora
    @TwoOneFive said:
    " @Mikemcn said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    " @Mikemcn said:
    I didn't play WAW or COD3 so im not sure how vehicles were in those games. Infinity ward said that vehicles made maps less centralized, so combat wasnt as intense. Which is why they didn't have them in COD2, COD4 and MW2 "
    yeah say that to bad company 2. infinity ward had a bigass ego and they loved making shitty excuses.   but they wont make any excuse for the horrible idea that one man army and commando were. or marathon and lightweight. infinite noobtoobs and infinite impossible stabbing and running. greaaat, "
    The only difference between the COD series and Bad Company series is that the map layout is radically different with different map design philosophies. With COD you basically have a more or less a freaking square with a few wide areas here and there. Regular mode would be 6v6 and the maps would feel empty when vehicles were added. Even 9v9 it probably didn't make much of a difference. Jeff even agreed that with vehicles, he often finds himself seeking for action than jumping right into it.

What about BC? Well, their maps a fucking huge alright, but they have a whole lot less corridors to hide in and the ranges you can shoot from are hugeeee. Not to mention, most of the map design is basically one big funneling area, especially true in Rush. Higher player counts (12v12 being the norm) also helps..
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @Meteora said:
    " @TwoOneFive said:
    " @Mikemcn said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    " @Mikemcn said:
    yeah say that to bad company 2. infinity ward had a bigass ego and they loved making shitty excuses.   but they wont make any excuse for the horrible idea that one man army and commando were. or marathon and lightweight. infinite noobtoobs and infinite impossible stabbing and running. greaaat, "
    The only difference between the COD series and Bad Company series is that the map layout is radically different with different map design philosophies. With COD you basically have a more or less a freaking square with a few wide areas here and there. Regular mode would be 6v6 and the maps would feel empty when vehicles were added. Even 9v9 it probably didn't make much of a difference. Jeff even agreed that with vehicles, he often finds himself seeking for action than jumping right into it.

What about BC? Well, their maps a fucking huge alright, but they have a whole lot less corridors to hide in and the ranges you can shoot from are hugeeee. Not to mention, most of the map design is basically one big funneling area, especially true in Rush. Higher player counts (12v12 being the norm) also helps.. "
    so you are agreeing with me :\
    Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Skytylz
    @Toxin066 said:
    " Sounds like Treyarch knows whats up.   My interest in multiplayer just increased by a factor of 10. "
    I thought they did the multiplayer in WaW pretty well and that's the only reason I might get this game.
    meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By meteora
    @TwoOneFive said:
    " @Meteora said:
    " @TwoOneFive said:
    " @Mikemcn said:
    " @jakob187 said:
    " @Mikemcn said:

What about BC? Well, their maps a fucking huge alright, but they have a whole lot less corridors to hide in and the ranges you can shoot from are hugeeee. Not to mention, most of the map design is basically one big funneling area, especially true in Rush. Higher player counts (12v12 being the norm) also helps.. "
    so you are agreeing with me :\ "
    No, not intentionally at any rate.
    CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Sweet find duder!

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#130  Edited By damnboyadvance
    • Activision has put more money into Black Ops than any other game in history 

I wouldn't have guessed that.
    Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Ryax
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:

" when did COD multiplayer ever have vehicles? :S "

united offensive 

but great. now im going to get it because its gonna be better than mw2. fuuuuuu. i was planning on not getting it
    sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#132  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

This really makes me want Call of Duty: Compton to come out faster.  The day can't come fast enough when I can fire blindly out the side of my Cutlass Supreme in multiplayer.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By ISuperGamerI
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    You must be new to the franchise, COD: World at War had tanks that you could use in online as well. These "new" features sound cool and I hope the appearance create-a-class is similar to Rainbow Six: Vegas.
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#134  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @ISuperGamerI said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    You must be new to the franchise, COD: World at War had tanks that you could use in online as well. These "new" features sound cool and I hope the appearance create-a-class is similar to Rainbow Six: Vegas. "
    actually i played Call of Duty, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, CoD W@W and MW2.. single player and multiplayer 

i dont remember any tanks in W@W, or any vehicles in 1,2,4,6
    ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By ISuperGamerI
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:

" @ISuperGamerI said:

" @Ahmad_Metallic said:

You must be new to the franchise, COD: World at War had tanks that you could use in online as well. These "new" features sound cool and I hope the appearance create-a-class is similar to Rainbow Six: Vegas. "
    actually i played Call of Duty, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, CoD W@W and MW2.. single player and multiplayer  i dont remember any tanks in W@W, or any vehicles in 1,2,4,6 "
    You might have not played all of the maps or something.

Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Interfect
    234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#137  Edited By 234r2we232
    @DoctorWelch:  I just think that the problems are more related to the gamers, not the game itself. I understand it's not an excuse, but I was arguing against your original notion that the game was completely broken, when it just has issues that can be overlooked. Did you know, people are still able to boost in Street Fighter 4 by only accepting ranked matches with people they know? These things happen in every game and i don't believe it's the games that are changing, it's the people playing them.

And I'm aware of "no scoping" aka firing from the hip. If that that's what "quick scoping" is. :/
    CaptainTryHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By CaptainTryHard
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    " @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    World at War.  "
    nuh-huh ! "
    Remember those stupid tanks? Yeah.. Also CoD 3 had vehicles and that was an absolute shit-hole. I love everything, except the vehicles. That may just ruin the game. Or maybe by vehicles they mean controllable kill-streaks? 
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#139  Edited By TheHBK

Not sure how i feel about not letting kilstreak kills count. 
    commando gone? wtf? 
    There where vehicles in COD3
    TheDoubleJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#140  Edited By TheDoubleJ

wow this seems to fix most of my problems with MW2
    eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By eric_buck

Everything sounds awesome except them darnit all vehichles.

AmmyDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#142  Edited By AmmyDog
    @xnoxiousx said:
    " @Mikemcn said:
    They seemed to fix every thing from mw2 in terms of balance. "

i agree
    THRICE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By THRICE

Vehicles have yet to be done right in CoD so they should just give up already. As for removing the absurd nuke and two of the more overpowered perks that is good. I highly doubt Black Ops is going to fix any of the major issues that have been plaguing CoD since CoD4, mainly the worst respawn system in a competitive shooter in recent memory, weapon balancing and hit detection. And for gods sake can they make a Call of Duty where I die more for tactical errors and less from I got caught on a chair, a trash can or the ultimate foe doorways  and couldn't move.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.