Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

The seventh installment of the long-running action franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops puts players into the early era of the Cold War (including the Vietnam War) as a member of the United States black operations unit known as the SOG.

Leaving early: K/D protection or rage quitting?

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By scarace360

NEVER LEAVING!

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Watching this video inspired this thread. 

Who the hell would blame anyone in this game for quitting the moment this guy brought out a chopper gunner and dogs?  Why should anyone have to suffer when the game places insanely skilled players against you?  There's no way that this guy should have been matched against these players. 

I'll admit that I will leave a game if I feel that my team is hopelessly outclassed by the opposing team--especially if I'm the only decent player on the team--but I'd like to say that I NEVER dashboard.  If I feel that a loss is inevitable, I'll gladly accept the loss when I leave.  Host migration doesn't work when you exit to the dashboard, and I wouldn't want to ruin the game for anyone else.  
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I rarely leave, but when I do it's usually because of extreme lag (MW2, by the way.  I don't own Black Ops) or just absolutely dreadfully pathetic excuses for players are on my team.  I barely play anyways, though.

purpleinsect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By purpleinsect

I leave if I have to leave. Meaning my phone is ringing and I know it will take some time, or that someone is ringing the doorbell. I don't leave because I'm teamed with losers.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i leave if my team is consistently bad for about 4 games in a row and i keep dying. 

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

I haven't played Black Ops much since launch, but as I only play the team mode games, you occasionally get stuck in a really shitty game with a terrible team. That's really the only time I'll back out.

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By FireBurger

If I leave early, it's not to protect my precious K:D, it's because I'm infuriated at the crappiness of my team and because I'm having no fun.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By valrog

Never not leaving.

RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RaikohBlade

I sometimes leave if I'm bored with the game, or I quickly want to join my friend's game. But that's pretty rare.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By mikemcn

I leave if I have to go do something, or am just tired of playing, but never out of rage.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By dbz1995
    @Mikemcn said:

I leave if I have to go do something, or am just tired of playing, but never out of rage.

Normally this.
    jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By jacdg

I play to win, so if my teammates are idiots, I'll quit usually wait until I'm back into the lobby though,

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Twisted_Scot

I never quit even when my team are complete morons (most of the time).  As for the K/D aspect that shit pisses me off. If i play HQ and get only 1 capture but 40 kills / 8 deaths I usually get some southerner (have nothing against them they just tend to scream abuse on mics when they lose more for some reason) screaming "if you care about your K/D go play something else" despite the fact I got those kill defending the HQ as I died trying to capture it at first and it took me that length of time to trek back all the way across the map. The other classic is playing TDM when kids go on about how K/D doesn't matter in this game, guess Math isn't their thing.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By Vinny_Says

If you play demolition on Firing Range there is a way to spawn trap the other team infinitely, and it's fucking annoying....I was literally spawning and instantly getting killed as was my whole team. I quit that time and haven't played since.

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

Despite the shitty spawns and stupid, un-skillful spawn killing I never leave. The only time I've ever left a match (on just about any multiplayer game) was when the server timed out or my internet connection stopped. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.