Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

The seventh installment of the long-running action franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops puts players into the early era of the Cold War (including the Vietnam War) as a member of the United States black operations unit known as the SOG.

Zombies Noob

IceColdGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By IceColdGamer

Hey folks,

I'm fairly new to the CoD: Zombies mode. I thought it was pretty silly in World at War, but my girlfriend got me into it because that was all she enjoyed from WaW. I've played a lot of Black Ops Online and polished off all the Single-Player achievements but I'd really like to knock some of the Zombie achievements off of my list.

Does anyone have any tips for a Zombie noob? I've been playing the new "Moon" map and I can barely make it past the 4th wave on my own.

Tips and crits are welcome.

Thanks GB...

Twitchey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Twitchey

I play PS3 so I haven't played Moon yet, but if I was you I would start off with some of the earlier maps since chances are they are easier. If you can run around in Kino you can get to pretty high rounds by yourself.

IceColdGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By IceColdGamer

Achievements I need...

The Collector - Buy every weapon off the walls in a single Zombies game. - 20G

Hands Off The Merchandise - Kill the Pentagon thief before it can steal your load-out. - 20G

Sacrificial Lamb - Shoot at or be shot by an ally with a Pack-a-Punch crossbow and kill six zombies with the explosion. - 15G

See Me, Stab Me, Heal Me - Fire a Pack-a-Punched Ballistic Knife at a downed ally to revive them from a distance. - 15G

And all the DLC :(

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By natetodamax

You really can't play the Zombies mode by yourself. You need to have 3 other friends to really get any sort of meaningful strategy going.

I wouldn't recommend playing with randoms unless it's your only other option, since there's always one or two people in the group who believe they have the best strategy and will thus order everyone around and scream when something doesn't go there way. It's not a very good experience.

I don't know anything about the Moon map because I don't have the DLC, but the Theater is a pretty good map for someone who's new to Zombies. I've gotten near the 20s with some friends.

One of the most beneficial strategies you can learn is to always leave a crawler (zombie with no legs with slowly crawls on the ground) at the end of a round so your team can have an unlimited amount of time to freely move about gathering ammo and perks, fixing windows, etc. You can make a crawler by blowing a zombie up with a grenade, since it often won't kill them instantly.

IceColdGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By IceColdGamer

-Leave a crawler

-Practice on Theater

Any recommendations for the achievements or should I just YouTube it up?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.