Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty Elite

Concept »

Elite was an out-of-game service that allows Call of Duty players to "connect, compete, and improve."

Can A Website Make You Better At Headshots?

GunsAreDrawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By GunsAreDrawn

I played a lot of MW2 and Black Ops but never bought any of the map packs for three reasons. One: The always seem to be crap compared to the original maps. Two: They are way overpriced. Three: PC players used to get them for free!

Gazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#202  Edited By Gazoo

All I want for christmas is my P-S-P... P-S-P... P-S-P... 

Games so crazy... 

They totally amaze me... 

and so forth...

first2die

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#203  Edited By first2die
    @LemonJoose said:
    I smell a rat.  It's name is Bobby Kotick.  If they even hint at selling better weapons and equipment for use in multiplayer to give subscribers an unfair advantage against players who didn't pay the subscription fee, the CoD franchise will be dead to me forever.  That kind of nonsense is nothing less than a paid form of multiplayer cheating, sanctioned by the publisher in a foolhardy attempt to squeeze a few more nickels out of a franchise that is being milked to its maximum already.  It would backfire in their faces, though, as millions of players would leave CoD for the Battlefield franchise.  Activision is playing with fire -- BF3 looks amazing, and this is no time to leave CoD to leave an opening for a rival, especially with a game engine that is looking dated in comparison with BF3.
    I wouldn't use Battlefield as an example here. EA have been notorious when it comes to selling upgrades. If you go to play Bad Company 2 on-line, for a few moon points you can unlock all the weapons....  

With that said, I agree with your point being able to purchase better weapons with real money is distasteful. 
    tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#204  Edited By tebbit
    @Jeff said:

and it seems like they actually haven't figured out where to erect the pay wall.
    Teeheehee
    Nymphonomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#205  Edited By Nymphonomicon
    @Marlowe said:
    I wonder how many people will actually signup for this? 
    @Klaimore said:
    I can see how this was made for the truly "ELITE" players. Get it... Also forget the whole plan itself but that video was funny. I specially like the end. 

I dunno, how many chuckleheads lined up and said "TAKE MY MONEY" to other websites offering a shiny "premium user account" sticker and little else?
    Supercancer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#206  Edited By Supercancer
    @MrKlorox said:
    This is about a thousand times dumber than EA's Gun Club. The fact that it got an article from the Jeff is proof that AI individuals are in the majority. Fucking imbeciles.
    Because god forbid a website dedicated to gaming actually reports about video games.
    Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Example1013
    @Supercancer said:
    @MrKlorox said:
    This is about a thousand times dumber than EA's Gun Club. The fact that it got an article from the Jeff is proof that AI individuals are in the majority. Fucking imbeciles.
    Because god forbid a website dedicated to gaming actually reports about video games.
    Especially when it's the best-selling video game of the current generation. Why would anybody ever be interested in news about that?
    fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#208  Edited By fisk0  Moderator
    @GunsAreDrawn said:
      Three: PC players used to get them for free!
    Yeah, the good old days when patches for UT, Q3A or CS would include 10 new maps to enjoy for no additional cost, and usually accompanied with optional map packs, also free, and generally containing about 15-20 maps each as well.
    Piranesi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By Piranesi

Maybe you should take some time and evaluate your life. Ask yourself if you are really happy and where you want to be a couple of years down the line.  

The world is full of undiscovered wonders and life is a unique gift. Go ahead and make that first step into a brave new future ...

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By teh_destroyer

I liked that video, if anything.................

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#211  Edited By PerryVandell

So... it's like the stuff Bungie does for free, but with a monthly subscription? I don't think so.

Avatar image for chilipeppersman
    chilipeppersman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 4

#212  Edited By chilipeppersman

this guy sounded like he was on a lot of speed

aspaceinvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By aspaceinvader
    @Fullmetal216 said:
    So... it's like the stuff Bungie does for free, but with a monthly subscription? I don't think so.
    Totally agree, here we go cod is heading for the end of the road, probably be some sort of cod mmfpsog coming next with monthly subs required to play it. Can anyone see this coming next?
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By MrKlorox
    @example1013 said:
    @Supercancer said:
    @MrKlorox said:
    Especially when it's the best-selling video game of the current generation. Why would anybody ever be interested in news about that?
    @MrKlorox said:
    Fucking imbeciles.
    Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Example1013
    @MrKlorox: God forbid this site actually try to be relevant. We should spend more time discussing shit indie titles that no one else covers because they're shit. Would that make you happy?
    UmadTech71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By UmadTech71

I feel dirty for even watching the video above.  Wonder if they will keep Host Migration, Connection Interrupted, or Spawn Camping stats?

babylonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By babylonian
    @Piranesi said:
    Maybe you should take some time and evaluate your life. Ask yourself if you are really happy and where you want to be a couple of years down the line.   The world is full of undiscovered wonders and life is a unique gift. Go ahead and make that first step into a brave new future ...
    That's what I was gonna say!
    TheVampireBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By TheVampireBoy

is that jason lee speaking in the vid.... you know.... pro skater and my name is earl star, he sounds like him.

igl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By igl

hahahahaahahahghifdsdk+p

TEHMAXXORZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By TEHMAXXORZ

Facepalm... just facepalm.

Wakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#221  Edited By Wakeman

I wonder how this is going to work with the league of Aimbotters on PC... their stats will be somewhat... unrealistic.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Short answer "no" longer answer" NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" 

striderno9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#223  Edited By striderno9

I will say for me, I play COD competitively and I hate the feeling of putting in so many hours into these games only to move on the next year. If they are tracking stats for all their games count me in. I didnt even play COD:BO multiplayer until I read this. No reason I thought but now there is since it will track my stats.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.