Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Nov 15, 2013

The tenth installment of the long-running shooter franchise introduces a brand new storyline, where the United States is under threat from a coalition of South American nations, and must employ a special group of operatives known as "Ghosts" to survive.

Is there something wrong with me enjoying this game?

biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

I just have to say that I only liked the older ones in the series but have played all even the wiiu version of black obs2.
    But somehow I really enjoyed this one, somehow it felt like going back to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, I am not going to say it has something new to offer in terms of gameplay other then it feels faster and more fun when you slide and jump over objects faster. It just feels great, for me personally, the story is dumb as ever but still good enough for a dumb night out with video games as entertainment.

Plus the dog has huge balls, don't ask me how I saw these huge balls.

But I am enjoying it allot, more then the recent ones. So the question is, am I dumb or is this a good or even great game?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

No there's nothing wrong with you. I'd say it's more disturbing when others are bothered by someone enjoying something they themselves don't enjoy, and try to convince them if their erroneous ways.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

how dare you!

No yeah, enjoy it man. I play Dynasty Warriors like every year, don't take any guff from me.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@biospank said:

Did...did the dog teabag you?

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

I haven't touched the single player yet, but for multiplayer this is the best infinity ward one since CoD4.

The dog perk is a great addition, the maps, while not up to the greatest of all time quality of CoD4 & Black Ops, are far better balanced than MW2 and 3. And the perk system has been subdued in this game vs MW2 and 3, removing a lot of the unstoppable dominant perks that turn matches into blowouts.

This game actually offers a quiter, gunplay and defense focused game than Black Ops, which is what this series needs to differentiate itself. Like Torque and Fast and Furious, Black Ops craziness of having two sentries on each team at nearly all times, plus air strikes and choppers going off constantly, is it's own separate type of fun. There's like thirty different kill streaks in BO2. All offense. Many spectacles and air strikes. Where as in Ghosts, the top perks are juggernaut armor, care package drops, anti-air (superiority,) and like one air gunner. Sentries, frags, ieds and c4 are few and far between that you don't even need the detect equipment or invisible to ___ perks in ghosts.

I'm having my best K/D ratio ever in Ghosts, all because the gameplay allows you to hang back and play defense more. In black ops I played suicidal, to run around looking for enemies, often getting shot turning a corner. In ghosts I'm patient. I finish a lot of matches 7-0 or 9-1 or 13-3 rather than black ops huge nuke town perk kill streaks where I'd finish 25-15 etc.

Come to think of it, some of these maps in ghosts are damn original and damn good. Who likes that assembly plant one?

Long story short, Ghosts allows big kill streaks from gunplay only, where as Treyarch games allow big kill streaks from air strikes and robots and sentries.

biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@hailinel: No, I was just minding my own business then the dawg jumped in front of me and wagering its tail, then I saw these huge balls and a pretty long penis too.
    I am going to film it, next time because I was so shocked when I saw it, I almost got a heart attack from these bawls.

@artisanbreads:

dude, those games are awesome. Yeah kinda mindless but still awesome, even if I like them on the vita more then on the ps3, also the next one comes in December I believe in Hong Kong on PS4.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Playing extinction splitscreen is fun, they took all the good cues from the right games. Good bargain bin buy.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Grissefar

No it's good stuff. Nothing revolutionary, just solid all around. They've stripped away just about all the bullshit. I think I can count the number of times I've been killed by a non-dog killstreak on one hand, and I'm level 52 or something.

No more getting killed randomly by helicopters, missiles and noobtubes.

No more arbitrary level restrictions. After a few hours, you basically got what you want. Spawns can suck a giant dick depsnding on your playstyle. And the maps are way too big but it's cool because I mostly stick to the Ghosts Moshpit for preorders, which has only the 3 or 4 best maps. Love Free Fall and Strike Zone.

I've only seen the stupid transfer screen when host leaves once, which I used to see all the time, and it could really ruin games.

There are cheaters though, which sucks, but they are easy to spot so you can just leave if you want. But they don't tend to do very good.

And the new modes are cool too. Cranked gets rid of camping - sort of. And no more being a sitting duck for 10 seconds trying to cap a flag, you just run into that bitch and bam, you're back at your base. Just good old-fashioned gun on gun fights.

So yeah homes, we pimpin.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

@biospank: Going to hold out hope DW makes a big jump for this next gen.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By Evilsbane

The only thing that Blows my damn mind that it is still around is the spawn system WHY does it suck so hard, spawning you with an enemy standing behind you instant death.

Waffles13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I thought Jeff was spot on about the multiplayer being a step down from Black Ops 2, but that's coming from the perspective of someone who is terrible at Call of Duty and somewhat found a stride in BO2 (and the BO2 killstreaks are worlds better and cooler than Ghosts', in my opinion).

That said, I really liked the single player. A couple of the twists (especially the one at the very end) are a bit out of place and unearned, but all in all it felt like a much more coherent and solid campaign than some of the more recent ones and I liked that. Also, space is cool as shit.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

That said, I really liked the single player. A couple of the twists (especially the one at the very end) are a bit out of place and unearned, but all in all it felt like a much more coherent and solid campaign than some of the more recent ones and I liked that. Also, space is cool as shit.

Granted, I've only seen a little bit of the story, but what little I've seen seems poorly written, even by the action-movie-bombast standards of Call of Duty. The conflict hinges on a nebulously defined federation that's taken control of South and Central America that is also apparently able to take a shuttle up to space without anyone down at Mission Control saying, "Hey, you know that shuttle that's on its way up? It's full of bad guys. Don't let them board the orbital superweapon."

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Nope. Not at all.

kaitlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never played the campaigns for other CODs but I've had COD 4, MW, MW2, BO, MW3, BO2, and now Ghosts.

But I like Ghosts,...maybe because I never played the other campaigns :D I do find the story really dull though. But I didn't buy COD because of an amazing storyline. I just like playing online.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

You're allowed to like whatever you like - I wont judge.

Okay, I'll judge if you like Rapelay...

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a more balanced multiplayer than MW2, but they really went and fucked up the maps. If I want gigantic maps with bush wookies sniping me from three miles away I'll play Battlefield.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nope, I thought it had the most enjoyable multiplayer since MW2, not to say that everything in between was bad, just stale IMO.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

I haven't touched the single player yet, but for multiplayer this is the best infinity ward one since CoD4.

The dog perk is a great addition, the maps, while not up to the greatest of all time quality of CoD4 & Black Ops, are far better balanced than MW2 and 3. And the perk system has been subdued in this game vs MW2 and 3, removing a lot of the unstoppable dominant perks that turn matches into blowouts.

This game actually offers a quiter, gunplay and defense focused game than Black Ops, which is what this series needs to differentiate itself. Like Torque and Fast and Furious, Black Ops craziness of having two sentries on each team at nearly all times, plus air strikes and choppers going off constantly, is it's own separate type of fun. There's like thirty different kill streaks in BO2. All offense. Many spectacles and air strikes. Where as in Ghosts, the top perks are juggernaut armor, care package drops, anti-air (superiority,) and like one air gunner. Sentries, frags, ieds and c4 are few and far between that you don't even need the detect equipment or invisible to ___ perks in ghosts.

I'm having my best K/D ratio ever in Ghosts, all because the gameplay allows you to hang back and play defense more. In black ops I played suicidal, to run around looking for enemies, often getting shot turning a corner. In ghosts I'm patient. I finish a lot of matches 7-0 or 9-1 or 13-3 rather than black ops huge nuke town perk kill streaks where I'd finish 25-15 etc.

Come to think of it, some of these maps in ghosts are damn original and damn good. Who likes that assembly plant one?

Long story short, Ghosts allows big kill streaks from gunplay only, where as Treyarch games allow big kill streaks from air strikes and robots and sentries.

to me, this is my problem with Ghosts. The fact that the maps are already huge and that the majority people feel compelled to play this way makes the game dull, boring, and frustrating for people who want to play a game with a fast "call of duty" pace to it.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hell no, I enjoy it a lot. In fact it really makes me regret buying the new Killzone.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
    alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Balls.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By GaspoweR

@hailinel said:

@biospank said:

Did...did the dog teabag you?

Yeah...I'm....weirdly intrigued by how this happened.

Also, I only played a few matches of it and I found it to not click with me... The last COD MP game I've played extensively was MW2 and the last one I really enjoyed was COD 4. After playing Ghosts MP, I just went back to playing BF 4 MP. It sucks that it's suffering from a lot of crashing issues though recently it's started to become more stable and when it gets going it's a hell of a time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.