Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 04, 2016

Set in futuristic 2080, the 13th entry of the Call of Duty series brings a war that spans our entire Solar System.

Infinite Warfare reveal trailer.

• 125 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Bowie always wanted a future....full of war

Jordan_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm rather surprised more people aren't disappointed that the MW Remaster isn't available standalone. I fell off the CoD bandwagon after BlackOps, (No interest in Sci-fi or futuristic games) .

MW was possibly my favorite of the franchise. I really don't want to drop $60USD on this just for a re-master that doesn't have all of the maps.

Mister_Snig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Who the fuck let Seether cover a Bowie song

Avatar image for deactivated-5e60e701b849a
    deactivated-5e60e701b849a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah not getting the big deal about the Bowie cover. Maybe It's because I never really had any reverse for Bowie but the cover seems fine. People are just getting mad that Call of Duty is using a Bowie song, isn't it?

Do you honestly think that was a fine cover or a fine song? I don't care if it's Call of Duty or Kerbal Space Program, that song was bad on its own and being a Bowie song makes it even worse. They should have just cut out sound effects with the original song kicking in.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

@boysef said:

Titanfall 6 looks great.

HA!

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jjbsterling said:

Yeah not getting the big deal about the Bowie cover. Maybe It's because I never really had any reverse for Bowie but the cover seems fine. People are just getting mad that Call of Duty is using a Bowie song, isn't it?

Do you honestly think that was a fine cover or a fine song? I don't care if it's Call of Duty or Kerbal Space Program, that song was bad on its own and being a Bowie song makes it even worse. They should have just cut out sound effects with the original song kicking in.

I have no issue with the cover? I don't see a difference between this and the Bowie cover they used for MGSV but not nearly as many people raised a stink when that trailer released. Sounds to me like posthumous anger. If Bowie wasn't dead I doubt this many people would be jumping all over this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b031d0e868a5
    deactivated-5b031d0e868a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

Looks like I'm getting back into Call of Duty then.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@whatshisface said:
    @jjbsterling said:

I have no issue with the cover? I don't see a difference between this and the Bowie cover they used for MGSV but not nearly as many people raised a stink when that trailer released. Sounds to me like posthumous anger. If Bowie wasn't dead I doubt this many people would be jumping all over this.

Yeah, I think you're getting a triple instance of people feeling that "COD developers wouldn't care about Bowie, except now he's fashionable, because he just died," "Bowie would never want to have his music used in a stupid COD game," and "fuck, that's an awful cover of a really good song!"

I'm not too much of a fan, but I do like a decent amount of Bowie's music, and even I felt #1 and #3 somewhat, as I was watching the trailer for the first time. I still have to wonder about #2.

Also, you're not remotely original, or clever, or thoughtful, for using Space Oddity in a movie or game about space. It's been done before. It's going to be done again. Pick a different song.

At least The Martian used a different Bowie song.

Lost_Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That trailer was pretty underwhelming, the whole settlement defense force versus earth thing makes this all very Gundam Wing-esque for me without the awesome robot fighting action. I generally don't weigh into music conversations since I find that shit can get unnecessarily heated but that wasn't a very good cover of a great song, wouldn't call it a travesty or anything though.

The thing is though, I haven't been on board with Call of Duty since Black Ops 2, but the multiplayer wore out it's welcome around MW3 for me. I just stopped being able and wanting to keep up with the online and every time I would try to get into it I would generally not have a good time. I'm perfectly okay with the knowledge knowing I'm not very good at it, but I would get killed often enough that I never felt like I was contributing to the game for my teammates and just lost my taste for it. Battlefield I've always liked due to the multiple ways you can contribute to a battle and I got my taste back for this type of game with Titanfall.

So that pretty much leaves the campaign and the last one of those I cared about was Black Ops 2, it wasn't Shakespeare but I appreciated the attempt to shake things up by adding in some choices you could make. It was enough to make me see it all the way through, the campaigns going forward didn't seem to keep that up in anyway so I took a hard pass on them. I just can't justify spending sixty dollars to what amounts to a pretty linear shooter campaign that lasts about six hours when I can get that elsewhere and for cheaper. What I do with these games now is wait for my brother to buy them, play through them and I buy them off him for about twenty dollars when he's done. I got Ghosts and AW this way but have yet to play through them.

Really miffed about having to buy that deluxe version of Infinite Warfare to get access to that CoD4: Remaster, I always wanted to try to go back and beat that game on veteran and this would of been a pretty good excuse to do so. I could of seen myself paying twenty for that and enjoying the campaign again. Having to spend eighty dollars at the very least in order to get access to it is some weak shit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
    deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

COD4 expansion pack number 10.

yates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By yates

If this didn't have the Call of Duty name attached to it I think the reaction to this trailer would be very different.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yates: Do you mean if this was a new IP? I'm not sure about that. It would surely be accused of being a COD knock off.

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By BrainScratch

@jjbsterling said:
    @whatshisface said:
    @jjbsterling said:

I don't care about David Bowie nor Call Of Duty, but the cover on MGSV was a really good song while the song on the CoD trailer was atrocious. It has nothing to do with Bowie's death or being Call of Duty, it's just that lots of people (me included) consider it a bad song, cover or not.

Also, using a modern cover of an old song for a trailer and using Space Oddity for something related to space are two giant clichés.

Nethlem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Nethlem

@dgtlty: Right now it's being accused for being a "Halo knockoff". Imho a lot of the bad reactions come from people who already disliked Black Ops for it's sci-fi setting, and now they are stuck with Infinity Ward doing also a sci-fi Call of Duty, so people who don't like sci-fi feel left out.

Also seen quite a few people asking for a WWII CoD or remastering MW2, which fits right in with my above theory.
    As a new IP, without pissing off an established fan-base, this certainly wouldn't have gotten such a bad reaction. For a CoD title the reception of this one is horribly bad, as I'm writing this the trailer has 161.358 dislikes vs 147.117 likes.

Btw: Trying to find the trailer by googling "call of duty infinity warfare reveal trailer" will lead you to like 3 different videos claiming to be the trailer, but they are all Halo trailers/intros. The real trailer, from the official Call of Duty YouTube channel, does not even show up on the first page of the search results. That's really screwed up o_O

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#116  Edited By penguindust

So when do the Covenant show up?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

Modern Warfare was the last one of these I played with any earnestness. Now that I think about it, it was the first as well. Great game. I'd play it again at a higher resolution. New game seems okay too I guess.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

I did vomit for a bit hearing nickleback version of Space Oddity..... so is CoD4 only available through purchase of legacy edition?

Rodin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#119  Edited By Rodin

Biggest surprise attack in the history of the world!!!

Spent the most of the trailer thinking, are they fighting aliens? I think there fighting aliens. and then the lady said something about being at war with the colony something-or-other, and then all i could think was GUNDAM. so I suspect that three quarters of the way through you realise that neither side is cool and totally create a third faction that just wants to get along.

also there was totally a gecko in that trailer.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@jjbsterling said:
    @whatshisface said:
    @jjbsterling said:

Yeah, I think you're getting a triple instance of people feeling that "COD developers wouldn't care about Bowie, except now he's fashionable, because he just died," "Bowie would never want to have his music used in a stupid COD game," and "fuck, that's an awful cover of a really good song!"

I'm not too much of a fan, but I do like a decent amount of Bowie's music, and even I felt #1 and #3 somewhat, as I was watching the trailer for the first time. I still have to wonder about #2.

Also, you're not remotely original, or clever, or thoughtful, for using Space Oddity in a movie or game about space. It's been done before. It's going to be done again. Pick a different song.

At least The Martian used a different Bowie song.

Put me in that "honestly had no issues with the cover" camp. I was never huge into Bowie, I knew some of the singles, enough to recognize this as a Bowie song after the chorus hit. That said, it seemed perfectly fine. I don't know what "honestly" makes it a bad cover, like the singing or what? Also I'm not too sure if Bowie wouldn't want to have his song in a CoD game. He was into digital stuff. The persistent notion that Call of Duty is somehow a lower tier of game, like it's beneath certain things because it's this hugely popular shooter is a little absurd. At this point I'm really inclined to say that people hate CoD because it's popular, cause compared to some of the other shooters out there it sure as hell isn't a terrible game or anything. They have some of the most cinematic single player campaigns of the genre, and if the complaint is that it's just left trigger, right trigger with some prompts then hey, look around, thats basically most games in that genre. Maybe this is a bit of venting on my part but I find this irrational hate for this series a little exasperating at this point, the way people need to roll their eyes whenever they mention it, and I'm not even a huge fan or anything. There are so many worse games out there to genuinely be upset with.

Avatar image for thephantomstranger
    ThePhantomStranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maaaan I was going into watching this trailer thinking I'd give it a chance. The generic dialogue! The generic setting! Like I enjoyed Advanced Warfare and Black Ops 1's campaigns but you couldn't find anything in this game's story to put in the trailer? Like it's a trailer showing the campaign right? Then the Bowie cover. I was bored until that happened then I just started swearing at the screen!

I'm sorry I know I'm probably coming off as a bit of an asshole for harping on it but it come's off as such a fucking marketing move. I hated it when they used it in that car commercial with Neil Armstrong but at least it had Neil Armstrong and you could kind of pretend it was honoring both of them if you squinted but this is not just a bad cover but it's also the fucking poster child of pro-war games and considering David Bowie literally wrote a song titled "I'd rather be high" about how he'd rather be high then send people off to war in the middle east then yeah fuck that.

It's really distracting when say the trailers to Black Ops 3 felt it was totally fine to use "Paint it Black" for it's associations with Full Metal Jacket even though now you've just brought to mind a Kubrick anti-war film in comparison to your dumb fun pro-war shooter.

Oh fun fact MGSV using a, good, cover of "The Man Who Sold the World" wasn't in the trailers it was in the game proper, had thematic relevance, and wasn't plastered on marketing.

Sorry just needed to vent for a second. If the next Micheal Bay movie used a Bowie cover for it's trailer you can bet I'd be just as angry and film doesn't have an inferiority complex over if it's art or not. (Yes games are art doesn't mean all art is tastefully done.) Again. Sorry.

belaraphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i feel like the further into the future they get with call of duty the less interested in them i get. i can understand mechs and future robot suits, but i feel more engaged if the situation i am in for the game slightly reflects the current era.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e60e701b849a
    deactivated-5e60e701b849a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: What makes it bad, in my opinion, is that it sounds like yet another nu-metal song from the mid 2000's. It has no uniqueness. The Midge Ure cover of The Man Who Sold The World song was great as a cover because he had a very different, more ominous take on the original. I agree with you on the Bowie and games connection, though.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Just sell me the Remaster stand alone. I mean, even Activision wouldn't be so devious as to require me to buy this new CoD...would they?

S_Westervelt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrkinoshiita: Resistance fall of man is my single favorite game that has come out since the ps3 era. Nothing has met that level of fluidity, and feeling of power. Man i miss that games multiplayer... i used to destroy everyone.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

"Biggest surprise attack in the world. How could they not see this coming?"

Uhh... well, which is it, then?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.