Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

The last installment of the Modern Warfare trilogy brings World War 3 to the world of Call of Duty. While the U.S., British, and French armed forces try to push back the Russian invasion, the disavowed Task Force 141 begin their hunt for international terrorist Vladimir Makarov.

Call of Duty 10

realph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By realph

I was listening to what the top guys were saying on this week's Bombcast and I got to thinking. Since Modern Warfare 3 wraps itself up nicely (I'm going off what I've heard), do you think IW will give the series an overhaul and create a new engine for Call of Duty 10? I mean after Treyarch makes 9 next year, it would make sense after a decade of Call of Duty's, right? If so, do you think we'll have to wait for the generational leap before we see another COD, or do you think they'll keep churning them out every year until the very end of the generation? I guess the latter would give the brand some much needed preservation.

What do you think?

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Karl_Boss

Activision is just trying to catch up to Final Fantasy.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By MikkaQ

God I would hope so.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#4  Edited By BeachThunder

Why would they make a new engine before the generation is over? The majority of people that play Call of Duty play on console, so a new engine is unlikely to be much of an issue.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By NTM

I have a feeling the two year cycle's going to be broke. Treyarch may make another Call of Duty next year, but if we're to have next gen consoles in a few years, I think IW will wait it out and see what's going on. So yes, when it comes to a new Infinity Ward Call of Duty game, I think we'll see it on next gen consoles, and I think we'll see a new engine or at least an engine overhaul. I hope the next gen consoles will be dealing with better looking graphics like we have every new generation of consoles. What I'm wondering now though, is what IW's next shooter will be like. Sci-fi maybe?

realph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By realph

@BeachThunder: @BeachThunder said:

Why would they make a new engine before the generation is over?

Did I say that?

@NTM: Agreed. I honestly believe we'll see successors to the PS3 and 360 announced next year, with a release set for 2013. In the meantime, Black Ops 2 will follow the success of MW3 next year, naturally, and after that I have to believe IW will take a much needed break to focus on re-building COD from the ground up for the new consoles, or a new project entirely.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NTM

@realph said:

@BeachThunder: @BeachThunder said:

Why would they make a new engine before the generation is over?

Did I say that?

@NTM: Agreed. I honestly believe we'll see successors to the PS3 and 360 announced next year, with a release set for 2013. In the meantime, Black Ops 2 will follow the success of MW3 next year, naturally, and after that I have to believe IW will take a much needed break to focus on re-building COD from the ground up for the new consoles, or a new project entirely.

Yep, I agree entirely. About the Black Ops 2 thing though, I'm about 70/30 on that one. I mean, 30 percent of me can see that Black Ops ended with the the first with that ending, and the other 70 makes me agree since I can't imagine Treyarch going anywhere else with Call of Duty just yet. I didn't really enjoy Black Ops too much when compared to MW, but I do hope we see a sequel.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Commisar123

Well a new engine would probably compromise their 60 fps goal

realph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By realph

It's also worth mentioning that if my console release predictions are in fact correct, current gen consoles won't be phased out until at least 2014, which would leave us without Call of Duty for two years if IW do decide to retire the current engine for COD 10. As much as I'd like to, I can't imagine a year without Call of Duty, let alone two. Maybe, just maybe, we'll see that third-person Call of Duty game from Sledgehammer after all.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By jacdg

I think that after Black Ops, will be the perfect time to take a break with the series, by then a new console is probably going to be at least rumored, if not already announced to be in development, and pushing more COD games out on the current engine seems stupid, it's your money franchise, start taking care of it after raping it for the past few years.

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By lord_canti

i think they dont want to pay attention to the tryarch's work so im gonna say no

Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Agent47

@Commisar123: And their "annual COD" goal.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#13  Edited By zidd

@JacDG said:

I think that after Black Ops, will be the perfect time to take a break with the series, by then a new console is probably going to be at least rumored, if not already announced to be in development, and pushing more COD games out on the current engine seems stupid, it's your money franchise, start taking care of it after raping it for the past few years.

Look at what they did with Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero. Activision isn't known for giving money franchises a year off.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Vexxan

Call of Duty 10 sounds weird. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.