Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

The last installment of the Modern Warfare trilogy brings World War 3 to the world of Call of Duty. While the U.S., British, and French armed forces try to push back the Russian invasion, the disavowed Task Force 141 begin their hunt for international terrorist Vladimir Makarov.

Call of Duty Elite statistics; Whats the point on consoles?

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Beaudacious

I imagine COD Elite is being targeted mainly at console players, since that's the largest COD base. But whats the point in providing play statistics on consoles? You don't have enough player control to truly take advantage of any statistical improvements, also if you're better with one gun then its obvious because you do better. The only way to improve one's game on consoles is basic tactics, but if you need the hand holding of the Elite service telling you which gun you do better with because the points system in COD is to complicated, i feel that's not gonna happen anytime soon.

I'm just trying to break down how Activision is trying to justify a subscription, and the only thing i can see being worthwhile is the Tournament organization, and maybe clan support. So instead of organizing over the web, you can do it in game with chat lobby's am guessing. Everything else seems to be worthless, since the standard 15$ map packs won't be included.

So are you guys gonna pay monthly for one map a month(maybe if they feel generous), and tournaments that you'll probably never use? I'm saying this as someone who's migrating away from multilayer shooters, just tired of the genre and mainly the modern community. If you still want to play some multilayer shooters, do yourself a favor and go play CS:S till CS2 comes out. I'd say go play BF3, but the chances that Dice will screw up as always are fairly high, the netcode will be garbage just like COD and badcompany.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea641329300b
    deactivated-5ea641329300b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Call of Duty has enough wanna-be MLG kids playing and stat whoring that there will be plenty of people signing up for this. I gave up on Call of Duty a long time ago so there's no way in hell I'd pay for something like this even if I did buy MW3.

Also did anyone read the Wall Street Journal article where they describe Call of Duty as " hyper-realistic combat-simulation game" lolololol

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By BulletproofMonk
    @xSUFFOKATEx said:
     Also did anyone read the Wall Street Journal article where they describe Call of Duty as " hyper-realistic combat-simulation game" lolololol
    That's fairly understandable. It's Wall Street Journal.
    laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By laserbolts
    I think that as sad as it is, some kids will beg their parents so that they can be elite.
    N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By N7
    @BulletproofMonk said:
    @xSUFFOKATEx said:
    Isn't there a war over Wall Street in MW3? It's clearly a conspiracy.
    Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Twisted_Scot

I figure its just basic stats like the ones in Black ops already but with more web/mobile compatibility (like Gears of war and halo already has). at the moment it doesn't really seem that there's going to much to this. I can see why people are getting their panties in a knot over it. Id love for parents that let their kids play M for mature rated games get a subscriptions for it, maybe if there's a Credit card linked to the little shits account MS can issue temp bans on them being, stupid, racist, offensive little twats.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Yanngc33
    @N7 said:
    @BulletproofMonk said:
    @xSUFFOKATEx said:
    Isn't there a war over Wall Street in MW3? It's clearly a conspiracy.
    DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUN 

Signed up for the beta and will probably end up signing up out of curiosity
    Sevan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Sevan

i hate that these multi billion dollar companies decide to do stupid crap like this. Halo has been doing this for years now. For FREE. So how exactly do they justify making people pay for a slightly glorified version of something their major competitor has been giving freely for over 3 years now?

I want extra crap. i would want all the maps to be free. I want more maps. I want my monthly payments to give me more than something i shouldnt even have to pay once for. after a few months, I want to have to delete their extra content off my hard drive to make room for more of their LDCrap. 
     Bungie managed to run this system for free. I shouldnt have to pay for it. end of story.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.