Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

The last installment of the Modern Warfare trilogy brings World War 3 to the world of Call of Duty. While the U.S., British, and French armed forces try to push back the Russian invasion, the disavowed Task Force 141 begin their hunt for international terrorist Vladimir Makarov.

Camping

Avatar image for deactivated-609465bc16ab6
    deactivated-609465bc16ab6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

OK so i know this is more than likely a very over used topic but here goes any way. Camping in online FPS games (i.e. COD, BF and so on). Is it a genuine legitimate way of playing or just an immature annoying and down right frustrating method? I know that for some game modes such as HQ it is necessary to defend objectives. But all the time? It is damn well infuriating to me personally. Just wondering your guys view on it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OK so i know this is more than likely a very over used topic but here goes any way. Camping in online FPS games (i.e. COD, BF and so on). Is it a genuine legitimate way of playing or just an immature annoying and down right frustrating method? I know that for some game modes such as HQ it is necessary to defend objectives. But all the time? It is damn well infuriating to me personally. Just wondering your guys view on it.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By strainedeyes

If you keep getting killed by the same camper, especially in COD, it's your own damn fault.

phrali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By phrali

you can design an FPS to reward movement. there are plenty of examples.

or you can design an FPS to reward camping by including killstreaks and cluttered maps with places to hide. like COD.

you can pick which FPS you want to play. if you play COD, you get campers. that's what you signed up for.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By OldManLight

all these comments are 100% accurate. and CoD's biggest problem isn't camping or unbalanced weapons, Its the massive amount of people who play the game who lack problem solving skills. every time you lose a game, it's usually easy to see who was contributing and who was a liability. yeah, camping is a cheap tactic but if they want to camp, let them. you'll know where to find them next time. :)

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Brendan

I have to agree with these comments. Some games are designed in such a way so that camping is an inevitable strategy, and if it is then the onus is on you to overcome them.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Sooty

I find it funny when people type obscenities in the chat box on Battlefield 3 when somebody is camping at a point, or camping on Rush when they're on defense. You're meant to defend, that's how you win. Camping is one of the best options you have in that situation.

Some people are so dumb.

But yes Call of Duty is heavily designed to aid campers because nobody wants to die due to kill streaks. They're a shit mechanic and I'm so glad they didn't pollute Battlefield.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

agree with all of these comments! one of the good things is that camping spots are often blindingly obvious and the same people will go to the same spot time and again. if i stay in a lobby long enough i get to learn all those ass holes little nuances. i got a 13 killstreak (my highest) on Fallen in MW3 JUST by running to all the camping spots.

one good little addition is when the mic comes up for some one you have just killed and they start fumming because you killed them after they run to the same hidey hole for the 50th time. it's becoming less of a pain now as i learn the maps better and i very rarely get caught out. it gets my back up most when i'm new i guess and i dont really have a feel for the levels.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By jacdg

Just play Kill Confirmed, compared to other game modes, camping is not really that big of a deal.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JacDG: ye man i do like that one it forces people out to play in open combat or they dont get toffee

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.