Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

The last installment of the Modern Warfare trilogy brings World War 3 to the world of Call of Duty. While the U.S., British, and French armed forces try to push back the Russian invasion, the disavowed Task Force 141 begin their hunt for international terrorist Vladimir Makarov.

Does anyone still play MW3?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad
    deactivated-5b8316ffae7ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I know that there's already a Giantbomb MW3 community thread but it seems as if it hasn't been updated recently, nor do the people on the list play COD anymore. So, since the Collection 1 just got released, has anyone gotten back onto MW3 or does anyone here still play actively?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By musubi

I pop in and out usually while podcast listening. I might play more again soon since they added Gun Game and One in the Chamber to the community playlists.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Funkydupe

What is MW3?

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Hizang

Not really, I played Black Ops pretty much since it came out and stopped just as MW3 came out. I think I got all of that online FPS stuff out of me with Black Ops.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I still play, but usually only with people I know in real life or by myself.

@Demoskinos said:

I pop in and out usually while podcast listening. I might play more again soon since they added Gun Game and One in the Chamber to the community playlists.

I did not know this, thanks. I love gun game.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By mrcraggle

My dad recently just bought it and I have to say, that game engine sure is looking dated after playing BF3. I'm also surprised at how much copy and pasting there is from older games put into "new" maps. I doubt I'll play much of it though. It still has the same problems I've had with CoD for a number of years now which I doubt will ever be addressed as Activision just want people to buy the new one every year and people will continue to do so.

shway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By shway

I still play now and then. The online community is still there prab less than 500,000 playing at any given time so the game is far from dead.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

I was a huge COD fan, love Black Ops, but I can't stand the new game.  Spawn system sucks, camping and head glitching is worse than ever, and lag compensation pretty much completely ruins the game.  They really screwed up with MW3, and I don't think I'll ever be playing another IW COD title after this mess.

Jerome85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jerome85

Pretty much every day/every other day still.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Justin258

@Demoskinos said:

Really? I might have to dig the game out again and play One In The Chamber. I liked that mode a lot, always wondered why it wasn't in the community playlist. But I don't generally play MW3 at all these days, the CoD formula had a good run for me but that's over now.

Meanwhile, I thought the OP meant that he might be buying MW3 sometime soon and was wondering if people in general, not just GB members, played it online. A question which would have garnered quite a chuckle from me.

bombHills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bombHills

I was playing fairly regularly until my friends and I went back to the blops for some zombie killing. Trying for all the easter eggs, so frustrating sometimes.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
    deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I play it like once a month. I usually get bored within an hour or two or just quit whenever some bullshit happens. It feels like a major downgrade for the series, especially compared to the highlights of COD4 or MW2. I wouldn't even consider the formula to be stale, the multiplayer in MW3 just feels like some kind of wannabe COD rip-off.

Sander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sander

I'm playing less and less and especially since the DLC arrived(which I did not acquire). I definitely enjoy it more than Black Ops but less than MW2. 
    So. All our hopes rest here -> Respawn Ent.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#14  Edited By natetodamax

Battlefield 3 is my go-to multiplayer shooter, but there are undoubtedly still tons of people playing Modern Warfare 3.

fuzzypumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By fuzzypumpkin

still havent played it

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Jrinswand

The last Call of Duty game I played was the first Modern Warfare. I like to think that I got out while they were at the top of their game. I only ever saw the best the series had to offer.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#17  Edited By beargirl1

sometimes. it's not as fun anymore since my friends don't really play it anymore. i'll play it occasionally and be surprised by how fast times flies while playing that game.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18  Edited By Sackmanjones

I've never been a huge Call of Duty mulitplayer guy, I'm not saying its bad but I prefer more of the methodical pacing of a Battlefield game.  However, I do enjoy the campaigns a great deal and always try to give the multiplayer another shot. I found Black Ops to be quite good actually and had some fun times with it. As for MW3, I could not stand it. Cant quite put my finger on why, but it just never clicked and I definitely thought it is the worst of the COD bunch.

ShinjiEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#19  Edited By ShinjiEx

There too busy playing the game or uploading YouTube vids ^__^

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By Vextroid

Popped back into the PC version recently after getting and FOV fixer.

I don't care what anyone says, it's a whole lot of fun.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#21  Edited By Hector

I never even bought it. Stopped playing after Black Ops. :)

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Karl_Boss

millions of people do.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Quarters

Yeah, me and my brother still play it from time to time. It's the most time I've spent with any of the competive modes in the CoD games, easily. I love the support killstreaks.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#24  Edited By jacdg

@SpaceInsomniac said:

I was a huge COD fan, love Black Ops, but I can't stand the new game. Spawn system sucks, camping and head glitching is worse than ever, and lag compensation pretty much completely ruins the game. They really screwed up with MW3, and I don't think I'll ever be playing another IW COD title after this mess.

I 10000000% agree with you, man I was so excited about this game, but after the first few weeks I just quit, which I have never done with a COD game before, not even MW2 which I hated. The gun balance is TERRIBLE, some weapons are impossible to use because you die so fast, in Black Ops it was possible to mess around with different setups, because it took more than a quarter of a bullet to kill someone. Black Ops was heavily supported post launch, sniper rifle tuning, 74-U was made balanced, but Infinity Ward have just messed the game more up, accidentally making the most Overpowered guns (FNG9 Akimbo) even stronger (didn't they learn ANYTHING from the complaints of overpowered secondaries in MW2?), and nerfing shotguns, which pretty much no one used. Spawn system is atrocious, worst I've ever seen, soo god damn bad. Black Ops was fantastic (to me) besides the connection issues, it was pretty great, I'm permanently done with Infinity Ward games, not my cup of tea.

So no, I do not play MW3 anymore, lol.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AlexW00d

I'ma play it this weekend out of morbid curiosity cause it's free on steam 'til monday. I can't imagine it being much fun though, if I want fast paced multiplayer I'll just play Quake 3.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By EXTomar

@Funkydupe said:

What is MW3?

To that end, I never played MW3 either. I'm just not interested in yet another sequel to yet another FPS. Anything new has to be remarkable instead of more.

bighat_logan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By bighat_logan

because that's all they play.

MoseSSesoM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MoseSSesoM

Yes.

shway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By shway

I play it every once in a while still fun if your good at it but there are other games and activities that you can do besides play 1 game

Arker101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Arker101

I liked BLOPS, but I skipped MW3 because it just looked worse then BLOPS. I'm excited for BLOPS 2, unless that leaked perk list is true, in which case that game will be extremely imbalanced.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

#31  Edited By bobafettjm

I still play it from time to time. I would probably still be playing it all the time if there were no lag compensation, which ruins most of the games.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#32  Edited By monkeyking1969

I still play about twice a week and my clan still plays a few times a week. I just don't come in here to talk about it.

Forums like this are sort of antiquated when you can more easily communicate with people in Elite, or send bug or problems to people on Elite. There's really no reason to come in here when the games is just chugging along.

MrSlapHappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#33  Edited By MrSlapHappy

I haven't played a MW since COD4 unless you count a combined maybe 1 hours worth of gameplay when MW2 and Black Ops had free weekends.

Its just too fast and twitchy for me. I like the idea that I can get streaks by ways other than the hypothetical case of when I get 5 or 7 kills in a row without 15 deaths in between, but not enough to buy it. I won't bash it, but it ain't for me.

I still like to boot up COD4 every so often and be reminded of why I hate granade spammers.

rmills87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By rmills87

Absolutely! I just got into the multiplayer and have been playing Drop Zone like a motherfucker lately. Awesome multiplayer experience :-)

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

Play it almost everyday. Amazingly lag-free balanced multiplayer. No other FPS plays better.

EndlessLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By EndlessLotus

Only occasionally. Doesn't have the same challenge it used to....

Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Binman88

I didn't pick it up when it came out because I had such an awful experience with MW2. I picked it up a couple weeks ago and some of the issues are still there: chaotic map design, poor spawns etc., but I've been having some fun with it. It's tiding me over until a game that suits my style a bit better comes along.

@Vextroid said:

Popped back into the PC version recently after getting and FOV fixer.

I don't care what anyone says, it's a whole lot of fun.

If you're looking for a GB buddy to jump in a game with you, add me! ( http://steamcommunity.com/id/Binman88 )

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.