Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

The last installment of the Modern Warfare trilogy brings World War 3 to the world of Call of Duty. While the U.S., British, and French armed forces try to push back the Russian invasion, the disavowed Task Force 141 begin their hunt for international terrorist Vladimir Makarov.

Does Elite save me money?

CaptainTryHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CaptainTryHard

I heard the map packs are going to total to around $300 because there will be so many of them. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Vinny_Says

15 times 4 equals....

....not 300. remember microsoft limits the amount of dlc per quarter or something

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NegativeCero

That's how they get you.

pw2566ch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pw2566ch

@Vinny_Says said:

15 times 4 equals....

....not 300. remember microsoft limits the amount of dlc per quarter or something

WTF? I think that would be a douchy move on Microsoft. The again it would also be douchy of Activision if they were to get away with it. Unless they add on new multiplayer modes or something.

bombHills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By bombHills

Elite is supposed to be a savings on the DLC, much like other titles offering season passes. Also you get stat tracking and stuff (NONE OF WHICH ARE WORKING RIGHT NOW)

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

If you are constantly active in playing CoD and are able to afford it, the premium Elite package should save you a bit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
    deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

If you didn't buy MW3 at all, you would save a bunch of money! ;-)

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RE_Player1

The question is even though your saving money with Elite in terms of quantity of maps are the maps going to be any good? Also the video content seems lame.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
    @msavo said:

The question is even though your saving money with Elite in terms of quantity of maps are the maps going to be any good? Also the video content seems lame.

I wonder too but regular players wont give a crap and just pay it nonetheless. Premium Elite users will have the possible benefit of getting a map of a pack before it's main release. They get the advantage of understanding the map more.
    Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Branthog
    @msavo said:

If the existing maps are anything to base your expectations on, I would say "no, the maps are not going to be good". They have eighteen maps currently and it's hard to tell them apart. They're all bland, colorless, drab, dingy, ugly, flat (not much verticality) maps with too many places conveniently blocked off from the player (not edges of maps, but in buildings, etc). There have always been a couple maps that didn't excite me in past COD titles, but every single map in this one maps me say "oh, fuck, not this one" when it comes up for rotation. Black Ops had some really fantastic maps. They were filled with color and each had a distinct style and flavor to it. They had multiple vertical levels to them and were interesting to look at. MW2 had some great levels, too. There's just nothing that matches the quality of all those in MW3. I can't imagine spenfing a year playing these pieces of shit and if you can't stomach a year, then I doubt the few new maps theyr'e going to roll out in the time you *do* stick around playing are going to be worth it.

I wonder if the Black Ops community will stay strong in numbers. If so, I might go back to that. I had a lot of "ooh, this map!" reactions when things came up in rotation on there.
    Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By captain_clayman

not buying mw3 or elite saves you money.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RE_Player1

@Branthog: For how much I dislike Call of Duty the couple months I played Black Ops, I got it for free with my PS3 slim so I hung onto it for awhile before I sold it, I found the maps and game to be fun. I wouldn't even call the game great but I felt Treyarch just threw as much as they could in there and when something stuck it stuck good. The majority of the maps were fun. Oh but fuck zombies, that is probably the worst mode I've ever played in a Call of Duty game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.