Fess up, who's an Elite premium subscriber.

OldManLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By OldManLight

I am but it's only because best buy offered this ridiculous deal where if you buy MW3 (which i already did) and activate a new smartphone (which i was going to do soon anyway) you get the phone and CoD Elite for free with your $60 game. Anyone else pay real people money for it?

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Sooty
No Caption Provided
ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By ssj4raditz

I thought about it, but decided against.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By laserbolts

I can proudly say I am not.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 63

#6  Edited By bobafettjm

I am as I bought the hardened edition which came with a year of Elite.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Karl_Boss

Hell no.

Y2Ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#8  Edited By Y2Ken

@bobafettjm said:

I am as I bought the hardened edition which came with a year of Elite.

This.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Branthog

Yep. I figured that maybe my habit of playing for six weeks and then never touching it again would be changed if I was getting new content every month - instead of every quarter. Except, of course, the first quarter, when nothing came out. Based on the first pack of stuff (two maps), I'm not impressed. One of the maps is okay and the other (in the park) is kind of awful.

COD just tends to be my "I don't know what the fuck to play right now, but I need something to occupy my mind from the other things, so I'll play COD for awhile" game. It's just too bad they called it "Elite" and gave it this weird presentation, when it's nothing more than a season pass for DLC like you have for every other game, these days.

Firepaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Firepaw

I got it with the Hardened Edition, which I found pretty cheap and since I usually end up playing COD for a while anyway.

The two new maps are alright, I like them visually and they also play pretty good. Although I seem to end up getting shot in the back on those a lot more than the original maps.

jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jetsetwillie

@laserbolts: why proudly

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By emergency

@jetsetwillie said:

@laserbolts: why proudly

cause purchasing that much DLC content in advance without knowledge of its quality is quite a poor life decision.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Grissefar

@Village_Guy said:

I got it with the Hardened Edition, which I found pretty cheap and since I usually end up playing COD for a while anyway.

The two new maps are alright, I like them visually and they also play pretty good. Although I seem to end up getting shot in the back on those a lot more than the original maps.

That's because you probably only get to play against people who play the game every day on those maps, which is one of the reasons I hate community splitting DLC and are going to stick to playing the 16 regular ass maps against average people.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By jacdg

Since I bought the hardened edition, I guess I did, a little disappointed with the service, had hoped for some DLC earlier, and since I'm PS3 I'm even more fucked content wise.

ApeGantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ApeGantz

Yes, I'm a PS3 Elite Member. I think I'll make a new account to see exactly what you you don't get on the stat tracking site because I'm not sure what I payed for except for future content w/ a cheaper price.

Also doesn't help that Activision did not announce the day they would release the first piece of content for it's PS3 users, which is dumb considering it's finished. I know Microsoft payed to get it first for a timed exclusive but they could have at least given us a date. I fear that we will be waiting a month because that's how it's been in the past right? This also hurts the non elite members because if 360 non-elite members get the content in March, that means non-elite PS3 members will be receiving it sometime in April or May.

That sucks hard, but I guess this is how shit works.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Branthog

@JacDG said:

Since I bought the hardened edition, I guess I did, a little disappointed with the service, had hoped for some DLC earlier, and since I'm PS3 I'm even more fucked content wise.

So how does that work on the PS3? The entire selling point of "Elite" was that instead of getting content every three months, you'd get a drop every month. So do you guys just not start getting monthly content until next month? (The FOURTH month after launch, which is ridiculous)...

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#17  Edited By jacdg

@Branthog said:

@JacDG said:

So how does that work on the PS3? The entire selling point of "Elite" was that instead of getting content every three months, you'd get a drop every month. So do you guys just not start getting monthly content until next month? (The FOURTH month after launch, which is ridiculous)...

That is probably going to be the case, and it sucks, I know microsoft payed a lot of money to get the exclusivity, but fucking hell man, this is straight up unfair. I hoped that we would start seeing some DLC at the end of December, so PS3 users could start getting it now, but alas. At his point, I probably won't be playing the game a lot when the DLC ACTUALLY starts coming out, so I wasted my money, I enjoy the game, but this is retarded.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Branthog

@JacDG said:

@Branthog said:

@JacDG said:

That is probably going to be the case, and it sucks, I know microsoft payed a lot of money to get the exclusivity, but fucking hell man, this is straight up unfair. I hoped that we would start seeing some DLC at the end of December, so PS3 users could start getting it now, but alas. At his point, I probably won't be playing the game a lot when the DLC ACTUALLY starts coming out, so I wasted my money, I enjoy the game, but this is retarded.

That's ridiculous. It's one thing for DLC to come out a month later on one platform, but it should come out at the same time for people who are part of the whole "pay ahead/elite" crap.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.