Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

The last installment of the Modern Warfare trilogy brings World War 3 to the world of Call of Duty. While the U.S., British, and French armed forces try to push back the Russian invasion, the disavowed Task Force 141 begin their hunt for international terrorist Vladimir Makarov.

First previews online

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By vitor
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-26-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3-preview 

Have yet to check it out, here's hoping I'm pleasantly surprised. 

Have to admit, I did really enjoy MW2's signature brand of crazy and this does seem like an extension of that. Then again, the fact that Sledgehammer are involved does worry me somewhat - suggests a struggling IW incapable of dealing with another full game. Then again, Ubi often get multiple teams on things so I could be wrong...
    canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By canucks23

I skimmed through it, but basically it just said "yea it's more CoD". I didn't see any mention of anything new in there.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By vitor
    @canucks23 said:
    I skimmed through it, but basically it just said "yea it's more CoD". I didn't see any mention of anything new in there.
    Pretty much.  

They'd mentioned use of a new engine before but, judging by the screens and what they've described, I think it's still based on the old ID tech stuff. Probably heavily retooled at best though. 

The submarine screenshot they uploaded looks eerily similar to a certain MW2 scene though... Hoping they're not rehashing things to too great an extent. 
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Yanngc33

That Kotaku leak told me everything I need to know and I hate how game media is acting like it never happened. Everyone can know everything about this game by looking at Kotaku, there's no point having extensive previews about it or "oooooooh what's going to happen in MW3's singleplayer?" articles since it's already out there. They should take it head on and give opinions.

Zoolander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Zoolander

MW2 was not as good of a singleplayer game as almost all of its predecessors in my opinion, but it was still pretty damn entertaining, and MW3 will be too because all it has to do is follow the formula that makes call of duty games fun and exciting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.