Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

The last installment of the Modern Warfare trilogy brings World War 3 to the world of Call of Duty. While the U.S., British, and French armed forces try to push back the Russian invasion, the disavowed Task Force 141 begin their hunt for international terrorist Vladimir Makarov.

Hardened editions extra rare or being scalped?

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Barrock

Looked at a ton of places today. I saw 1 for the PS3 and was tempted to buy it, but I want to play it for the 360. Logistically I'm not going to play the online very much so it would be stupid for me to buy it. Just extremely tempted because I can't find it. They are going for $169 and $179 which is more than the damn prestige edition for Black Ops.

Anyone see any in the wild?

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Enigma777

My BB had like 60 copies

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Barrock

@Enigma777 said:

My BB had like 60 copies

Really? Today or at Midnight?

louis0nfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By louis0nfire

I went to Best Buy at midnight but they were pulling the whole "pre-orders only" thing, even though I figure by morning they would just put them out anyway because Best Buy doesn't do pre-orders the way GameStop does exactly.

But this morning I went to WalMart, didn't get ANY Hardened's in. Then went to Target, they had about 3-5 for 360/PS3. Grabbed the first one. They're not as rare as you think. I remember the WoW: Cataclysm Collector's Edition selling for like $300 on Amazon, but stores still have them sitting there.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Enigma777

@Barrock said:

@Enigma777 said:

My BB had like 60 copies

At like 6pm today. They didn't seem to be selling very well either.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Barrock

@Enigma777 said:

@Barrock said:

@Enigma777 said:

My BB had like 60 copies

At like 6pm today. They didn't seem to be selling very well either.

Weird. I was the fourth person to ask the guy at our Walmart if they had any in an hour. People are buying that game like crazy here.

Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Crono11

I work at a Walmart up here in Canada and we got 4 for PS3 and Xbox.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@Barrock:

The great thing about the Hardened Edition is that you get Elite Premium for $40 instead of $50, and you get a neat little book that covers the complete Modern Warfare story, an avatar award, and a little plastic card for your FOUNDER status.

It's a way of paying less, and getting more. That means it's completely stupid to pay more than ten dollars over the retail price, because you can get almost everything included from just buying the game and subscribing to Elite. If you pay 180 dollars for a Hardened Edition, you're pretty much paying 70 dollars for a little booklet and plastic card.

Yeah, don't do that.

But for the curious:

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Barrock

@SpaceInsomniac said:

@Barrock:

The great thing about the Hardened Edition is that you get Elite Premium for $40 instead of $50, and you get a neat little book that covers the complete Modern Warfare story, an avatar award, and a little plastic card for your FOUNDER status.

It's a way of paying less, and getting more. That means it's completely stupid to pay more than ten dollars over the retail price, because you can get almost everything included from just buying the game and subscribing to Elite. If you pay 180 dollars for a Hardened Edition, you're pretty much paying 70 dollars for a little booklet and plastic card.

Yeah, don't do that.

But for the curious:

Oh there's no way in hell I'd pay that price.

xanzul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By xanzul

The only way these would really be worth any more than the retail price is if after the 13th of November someone really really really wanted COD Elite Founder Status.

Otherwise, @SpaceInsomniac is correct.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
    deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Barrock said:

@SpaceInsomniac said:

@Barrock:

Yeah, don't do that.

But for the curious:

Oh there's no way in hell I'd pay that price.

If your not going to play multiplayer then yeah, you defiantly shouldn't pay 100 bucks

bombHills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bombHills

I pre ordered the Hardened and I am glad because none of my friends have been able to find one. As far as I know most places have sold out of them.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Strife777

I'm pretty sure they're going to be extremely difficult to come by. You can get them on eBay but for 150$ and over.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By recroulette

After the launch, when I got mine at about 1:30am. There were still plenty of 360 versions at my local Walmart.

I don't think it will become ridiculously rare. But if you can't find one, you might as well just shell out for Elite and a regular copy before the Founder deadline.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.