Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

The last installment of the Modern Warfare trilogy brings World War 3 to the world of Call of Duty. While the U.S., British, and French armed forces try to push back the Russian invasion, the disavowed Task Force 141 begin their hunt for international terrorist Vladimir Makarov.

Huge Kotaku info blowout

• 55 results
    jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#51  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I'm actually excited to see what happens. I loved the plot of Modern Warfare 1 and 2. They had just the right mix of realism and batshit craziness for me to get behind.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Karl_Boss

I'll be picking it up.

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By vitor
    @Ahmad_Metallic said:
    @Vitor said:
    Also, I will defend Crysis 2's SP campaign to my last breath. Multiplayer was a clone and little else but the story mode was a massive improvement on the first in a lot of substantial ways while still maintaining some of the freeform nature. Not enough for my tastes admittedly, but I had a blast with the game and it looks gorgeous on PC.
    "
    Though your opinion makes my stomach turn, i'm glad you enjoyed it. better than my experience - cringing my way through, with the beautiful triumph that is Crysis 1 clouding my mind and having me shake my head violently at the shit that is Crysis 2.
    Also, how can you not call the C2 campaign a CoD clone? the linear and heavily scripted action, the gun inventory getting minimized, the AI becoming total fucking tools who keep yelling at you telling you where to go (proving that the 'Deal With It' open play of Crysis 1 was gone. they had babysitters for you now)

and overall, the whole military shindig and how after a big confrontation you wake up in a subway room with soldiers and civilians on the ground and on beds, a couple soldiers standing around talking and some big boss waiting for you in the other room?
    MW2 had the exact same scenery as that one..
    While I agree it was far more scripted and linear than C1, that also meant that, for me at least, it was far better paced. I also thoroughly enjoyed the feel of the weapons and didn't feel like I was missing any mainstays. I would have preferred a little more customization but the system worked well as it was. 

I agree that the AI was less than stellar - that, combined with the fast recharging stealth certainly made it easy for me to play in a specific way, even on higher difficulties. The aliens were also far less interesting than had been promised - more maneuverable than the humans but seldom taking advantage of the environment as I did. It was an easier game for sure but the moment to moment action just felt incredibly satisfying in a way I could really get behind. 

I still also felt the environments were open enough to make the game feel unlike nearly every other shooter out there. It still has feel all of its own and I enjoyed that immensely. The suit abilities were still fun to use, even if strength was virtually useless and speed was nerfed a little too much. 
    napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By napalm

Soo... Kotaku is still irrelevant to gamers as a whole? Check!

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By NTM

Yeah, I just saw this. I hope Soap, and Price return as the main characters. And I hope Hans Zimmer does the soundtrack again, but if not I hope it's almost as good if not better as MW2's.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.