Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

The last installment of the Modern Warfare trilogy brings World War 3 to the world of Call of Duty. While the U.S., British, and French armed forces try to push back the Russian invasion, the disavowed Task Force 141 begin their hunt for international terrorist Vladimir Makarov.

MW3 or How I learned to stop worrying...

TrashMustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 20

#1  Edited By TrashMustache

Before MW3 came out I was bitching about how I would not buy the game if they kept the possibility to quickscope in the game. Well i bought the game, realizing that I had seen so many scopers on MW2 because that's basically all there was left on the servers. Or maybe I was unfortunate to encounter only them. Or hey, maybe I'm not good enough a player and i got angry. I didn't encounter much scopers in MW3 and was glad I bought the game because i think it still owns at what it does, though I am also starting to feel tired of the formula. I wanted to say this before making my point because I didn't wanna sound like a hypocrit both to you and myself. There's been a video posted inviting COD players to stop playing MW3 on April 20th to confront Activision and IW for not meeting the consumer's demands. the demands are:

• Lag Compensation
    • Matchmaking options which include the ability to enable, disable local search and base search off the party leader when playing with friends.
    • Changes to the broken [sic] spawn system
    • Full-featured theater mode including volume controls in options
    • Tac insert removed from kill confirmed
    • More hardcore game modes
    • Better Elite playlist options
    • Objective stats on in-game scoreboards
    • Akimbo machine pistol nerf
    • Removal of any assault killstreaks from the support package
    • Removal of deathstreaks
    • Fix LAN settings for competitive events

I seriously think this is retarded and I just feel like slapping those consumers in the face. Is this an opportunistic demand thought up in the aftermath of mass effect 3's forum outrage? They are claiming that the game is incomplete. The reason I'm posting this is because I immediately thought back to my rant about the quickscoping and I just feel emberassed because I don't approve of this type of shit. Volume control in theather mode? REMOVAL of deathstreaks and assault killstreaks? wouldn't that make the game more incomplete? these guys piss me off, I played mass effect 3 and my thoughts are my own and I didn't feel the need to talk about it because so many people did already, but this thing right here... I just hope these people are ignored. II guess it was good for putting my own thoughts in perspective. I mean let a game be what it is. I don't want dlc and the ability to do patch fixes to ruin games.

What are your thoughts on this?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @TrashMustache said:

There's been a video posted inviting COD players to stop playing MW3 on April 20th to confront Activision and IW for not meeting the consumer's demands. 

No no no, you don't seem to understand. Activision considers you oblivious idiotic man-children, that's the reason you're here now holding your fifth annual CoD box in your hand. 
    "Children protesting? That's nice." <== Activision's response.
    laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By laserbolts

April 20th typical call of duty fanbase bro.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By AlexanderSheen

@laserbolts said:

April 20th typical call of duty fanbase bro.

Joint Ops, amarite?

Cogzwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Cogzwell

I don't like the game either, frankly i dislike a lot of Military Shooters, but trying to make some kind of protest in order to get a game basically patched is just stupid.... also is it all that impressive a feat to not play a game for 1 day? I haven't bought any Activision games in 2 years just because I don't really like the company and would rather not give them money.

But really if you don't like something about a game get over it, if it matters that much you don't have to play it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.