Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

The last installment of the Modern Warfare trilogy brings World War 3 to the world of Call of Duty. While the U.S., British, and French armed forces try to push back the Russian invasion, the disavowed Task Force 141 begin their hunt for international terrorist Vladimir Makarov.

MW3 very disappointing

• 90 results
    Rekt_Hed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By Rekt_Hed

People that get into cocaine or Herorin know what there getting into and if they dont THERE A IDIOT!

The exact same can be said COD.  If you dont like or want it DONT DO IT!  No ones forceing you to spend money

jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By jetsetwillie

@Pinworm45 said:

@jetsetwillie said:

i love the way people single out MW3 for being 'the same' as MW2 when games like uncharted and gears are doing exactly the same.

but hey i guess it cool to jump on the weird internet CoD/MW hate train... what ever makes you kid happy is suppose and growns your internet penis

Gears and Uncharted don't stick to a yearly release schedule. They're a little less blatant about it

Modern Warfare isn't a yearly franchise either. Ok CoD is, but MW is made by different people.

and surely the gap between games is irrelevant. if its the same game its the same game.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Funkydupe

If people enjoyed or still enjoy MW2 there's absolutely no reason to hate on MW3. A new game has to be innovative in every possible aspect?

SilenceUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By SilenceUK

if you expected a different game you should have bought battlefield 3 ....... sorry but your lack of knowledge and over expectation is your own fault they make what they know will sell and most people want an updated a few new bells and whistles mw2 not a whole new game because they like it and just want new ways to play it .

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#55  Edited By musubi

I'm thoroughly amuzed by the people who are complaining that its MW2 again.   Uh, well... duh... It has  "Modern Warfare" on the cover  like... really what did you expect?     You know whats also mostly the same game?  Just about every sequel ever.  Videogames people.  Welcome to them.     I loved Gears 3 but its pretty much Gears  2 again.  I loved Batman AC but its pretty much AA again.  Uncharted 3....  Dark Souls.... christ the list goes on and on.     All of them have changes from the previous games but the core gameplay remains the same because thats what you expect when you buy a sequel.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@Rekt_Hed said:

People that get into cocaine or Herorin know what there getting into and if they dont THERE A IDIOT!

I think you mean "they're an idiot." Or better yet, "they are idiots." Either way, I'm pretty sure that $60 worth of cocaine or heroin wouldn't last you anywhere close to a year, and it's still far less than a World of Warcraft account. COD is bang for your buck.

jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By jetsetwillie

@MOLE said:

Call of Duty isn't designed to be fun , it's designed to have the player repeat the same task over and over, they reward the player by spamming flashing points across the screen. How many people do you know actually *ENJOY* the game? Ever notice how everyone is constantly screaming at their television because they were killed?

i know loads of people who enjoy playing MW. well at least i did until i just called them to say apparently the game there enjoying so much isn't actually fun at as has been stated by some really arrogant dude on the internet that thinks he decides whats fun or not.

rest assure they stopped playing straight away. but what can i tell them are the real 'fun' games to play that don't involve repeating the same thing over and over again.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By Shadow

Speaking as someone who hasn't played a Call of Duty in a year and a half, I see the changes as just enough to get me hooked again while retaining what made the game great in the first place. For someone who played Black Ops religiously though, I can see this as being too much like what you were just playing last week

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Sooty

@jetsetwillie said:

@Pinworm45 said:

@jetsetwillie said:

i love the way people single out MW3 for being 'the same' as MW2 when games like uncharted and gears are doing exactly the same.

but hey i guess it cool to jump on the weird internet CoD/MW hate train... what ever makes you kid happy is suppose and growns your internet penis

Gears and Uncharted don't stick to a yearly release schedule. They're a little less blatant about it

Modern Warfare isn't a yearly franchise either. Ok CoD is, but MW is made by different people.

and surely the gap between games is irrelevant. if its the same game its the same game.

I hate to break it to you but Call of Duty 4, Modern Warfare 2 and Modern Warfare 3 don't exactly play that much different to Black Ops.

Just so you know bud.

You're right that MW3 is made by different people. 3-4 fucking developers stringing this mess together.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
    BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@Subjugation said:

What do you mean by exact replica? Graphically? Game play? Both?

Stop asking logical questions and nod and say, 'yeah, it's big, lets hate this for arbitrary reasons because I personally don't find the type of game enjoyable."

Rekt_Hed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#61  Edited By Rekt_Hed
    @SpaceInsomniac said:

@Rekt_Hed said:

I think you mean "they're an idiot." Or better yet, "they are idiots." Either way, I'm pretty sure that $60 worth of cocaine or heroin wouldn't last you anywhere close to a year, and it's still far less than a World of Warcraft account. COD is bang for your buck.

duder! 1 this isnt the place to get pasionate about spelling.  2 how would you know that? 3 who cares about WOW in relation to COD. 4  You could save your bucks and just go back and play MW2 really!
    jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By jetsetwillie

@Sooty said:

@jetsetwillie said:

@Pinworm45 said:

@jetsetwillie said:

I hate to break it to you but Call of Duty 4, Modern Warfare 2 and Modern Warfare 3 don't exactly play that much different to Black Ops.

Just so you know bud.

You're right that MW3 is made by different people. 3-4 fucking developers stringing this mess together.

Uncharted 3 doesn't play much different to Uncharted 2 either. or Gear 3 to Gear 2 or Batman AC to Batman AA.

im not sure you fully understand the concept of a 'sequel'

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@Rekt_Hed said:

@SpaceInsomniac said:

@Rekt_Hed said:

duder! 1 this isnt the place to get pasionate about spelling. 2 how would you know that? 3 who cares about WOW in relation to COD. 3 You could save your bucks and just go back and play MW2 really!

1) EVERY place is the place to get passionate about grammar and spelling.

2) Just a guess.

3) Oh yes, the only game in the universe that COD can be compared to is Battlefield. I forgot.

3) Did you realize that you have two threes? At any rate, MW2 is broken garbage. If I was going to stick with any other COD over MW3, it would be Black Ops, horrible hit detection and all.

korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#64  Edited By korolev

Exact replica? No, it's not an exact replica. It does follow the formula of MW2 very, very closely. That means it is fun to play. It also means that it gets boring more quickly and it fails to inspire the same excitement as that game did. I just finished the Single Player Campaign and I've been playing the Multiplayer, and I certainly wouldn't call it "very disappointing". I would call it functional and by-the-books. I mean, what part of the marketing campaign has led you to believe that it would be significantly different than MW2?

It's an alright game. Certainly won't win Game of the Year (unless Jeff, Brad, Vinny and Ryan all undergo frontal lobotomies and are reduced to drooling simpletons), but it's alright for the price I paid for it (60 Australian dollars, which is about 58 US dollars).

I am really bummed out by the fact that the very first multiplayer match I got into had players who were at Lv 65. The game had been out for about 5 hours at that point. Yeah. It's always depressing to see hackers almost immediately.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Contro

Just beaten campaign, I had fun but man does this feel samey. I don't think I can buy another of these games if they come out the same old thing, I've really had enough now.

Avatar image for extreme_popcorn
    Extreme_Popcorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Extreme_Popcorn

I think I'm about half way through the campaign and it's pretty fun just like MW1/2, played some Spec-Ops and Survival which are both great but in the multiplayer...it feels slow and sluggish. I am playing on the PC and compared to BF3 the movement and weapon handling feel like they've been slowed down to half speed. Even with the mouse sensitivity turned all the way up it still seems sluggish and slow paced which isn't how an arcade shooter is meant to feel.

zaglis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By zaglis

How's Toby Maguire and William Fichtner?

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By laserbolts

Can't find people that agree? Well then you came to the right site. Hating on call of duty is the cool thing to do around here.

sins_of_mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 7

#69  Edited By sins_of_mosin

Played the first two missions. I thought the game play was tight, visuals were great, and sound was good. I still think the whole story/setting is dumb beyond reason but eh, its a video game. I've not noticed the scripting as bad as Black Ops which was simply horrible. So far I say BF3 and MW3 is the same.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By hockeymask27

Its only disappointing if set your expectations high. Deep down you knew how this was going to play out, the consoles are not getting any younger and why mess with the money making formula now?

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By napalm

@SpaceInsomniac said:

@Rekt_Hed said:

Haha! I like the way you think!

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#72  Edited By Karl_Boss

You should have known by now that it is pretty much an exact replica of MW2.....that was my reasoning to get BF3 first and skip on MW3.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Cloudenvy

@jetsetwillie said:

@Sooty said:

@jetsetwillie said:

@Pinworm45 said:

@jetsetwillie said:

Just so you know bud.

Uncharted 3 doesn't play much different to Uncharted 2 either. or Gear 3 to Gear 2 or Batman AC to Batman AA.

But then we go back to his original point that Batman, Gears and Uncharted only come by every 2 years or so instead of every single year. : /

jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By jetsetwillie

@Cloudenvy said:

@jetsetwillie said:

@Sooty said:

@jetsetwillie said:

@Pinworm45 said:

@jetsetwillie said:

Just so you know bud.

But then we go back to his original point that Batman, Gears and Uncharted only come by every 2 years or so instead of every single year. : /

but we also come back the point of why does that matter. even after 2 years Uncharted 3 was basically Uncharted 2. my point is that THEY ARE SEQUELS and SEQUELS are going to be pretty similar the the game that proceeded it.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Cloudenvy

@jetsetwillie said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@jetsetwillie said:

@Sooty said:

@jetsetwillie said:

@Pinworm45 said:

@jetsetwillie said:

Just so you know bud.

but we also come back the point of why does that matter. even after 2 years Uncharted 3 was basically Uncharted 2. my point is that THEY ARE SEQUELS and SEQUELS are going to be pretty similar the the game that proceeded it.

If you can't see what the difference between a similar sequel coming every year and a similar sequel coming every two years, then there's no point in arguing this. More of the same every year quickly feels way more stagnant. : )

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Aus_azn

@MasturbatingestBear said:

@Soffish said:

Considering everything that happened at IW, if that game is even at the same level of quality that mw2, it would be a miracle.

Thats actually a good point. A very good point.

If it's even remotely close to MW2, it's a miracle.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Hunkulese

@razorzxz: Are you aware of what the 3 in MW3 signifies? Maybe sequels are a new concept to you. I suggest you look at GoW 3 or Halo 3 or Uncharted 3 or any other game with a 3 in the title. If you have the best selling game of all time and each time you release a sequel you outsell the last it wouldn't be a very smart move to start making drastic changes.

Rudyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Rudyftw

@JoeyRavn said:

@Rudyftw said:

It has new guns, game modes, perks, maps, story mode, and new online features? It's a sequel, what more did you want? Did you expect it to burst into song and shoot fireballs into the sky all while "Light My Fire" is playing in the background?

Henceforth, this will be my standard for all games.

Well... it almost never happens. Almost.

IrishBrewed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By IrishBrewed

I agree with the OP not enough of an upgrade from the previous to justify its purchase hence why I did not buy it. Same reason I stopped buying madden games.

Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Gaff

@MOLE said:

Call of Duty isn't designed to be fun , it's designed to have the player repeat the same task over and over, they reward the player by spamming flashing points across the screen. How many people do you know actually *ENJOY* the game? Ever notice how everyone is constantly screaming at their television because they were killed?

And this could be said of any game, past, present or future.

AnimalFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By AnimalFather

it had great moments but ya the game def felt like the brains of IW had no part in this game.

JokerFrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By JokerFrown

I love you guys

Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Aus_azn

@jetsetwillie said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@jetsetwillie said:

@Sooty said:

@jetsetwillie said:

@Pinworm45 said:

@jetsetwillie said:

Just so you know bud.

Uncharted 3 was not basically Uncharted 2. Uncharted 3 was a great leap backwards.

@AnimalFather said:

it had great moments but ya the game def felt like the brains of IW had no part in this game.

Because it didn't.

I read the IGN review and saw that a "named character died".

When I found out that it was Soap, bricks were shat and all hell broke loose. He's freaking Soap; he and Price aren't supposed to die! At least the latter didn't.

That's what told me that this series has slid a long way.

AnimalFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By AnimalFather

SPOilers!!!

wasnt ghost/gaz suppose to come back?

vitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By vitor

@MasturbatingestBear said:

@Soffish said:

Considering everything that happened at IW, if that game is even at the same level of quality that mw2, it would be a miracle.

Thats actually a good point. A very good point.

And apparently it is thoroughly competent and well executed judging by reviews.

Let's be honest, a large percentage of the original IW team are still there, and anyone Activision likely hired to replace the rest would probably have had to have had very high credentials in order to work on such a huge franchise. Talk about the series being bereft of creativity all you like, but it sells and that means huge bonuses (when they get paid out of course...) and so large competition for any permanent places at IW.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#86  Edited By Hizang

I've played about an hour in the single player and a couple of matches in the multiplayer. It's a really good game, but it hasn't blown me away like MW2 did or Black Ops did.
    Like the first mission takes place in a war torn New York, I didn't even notice till halfway, and even then I was like yeah cool I suppose.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By MideonNViscera

I just wanna point out that each Gears game has way better graphics than the last.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By McShank

@SpencerTucksen: http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-battlefield-3-screenshot-comparison/ Is old.. If they redid it, the ps3 would look as good or better. There was no HD pack instal on day 1 if I remember but all the textures are fixed. try the game now instead of sticking with old thoughts. Day 1 is never the time to decide how a game is.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#89  Edited By big_jon

Looks pretty the same, not interested, too bad.

SpencerTucksen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#90  Edited By SpencerTucksen
    @McShank said:

@SpencerTucksen: http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2head-battlefield-3-screenshot-comparison/ Is old.. If they redid it, the ps3 would look as good or better. There was no HD pack instal on day 1 if I remember but all the textures are fixed. try the game now instead of sticking with old thoughts. Day 1 is never the time to decide how a game is.

Understood. I still think they should have had those graphics handled day one anyway. Inexcusable, sending out an unfinished game just to release ahead of MW3. Hell, release it in five months and get EVERYTHING right that the game did wrong.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.