Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

The last installment of the Modern Warfare trilogy brings World War 3 to the world of Call of Duty. While the U.S., British, and French armed forces try to push back the Russian invasion, the disavowed Task Force 141 begin their hunt for international terrorist Vladimir Makarov.

Premium Online Features?

Cabbage_TheMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Cabbage_TheMan

Is it actually true that MW3 will have extra stuff for people that pay?  Supposedly that is what Bobby told investors or something.  If it is true then I probably won't even buy this for the single-player campaign.  I mean, since when was $60 bucks plus $40 for DLC not enough?

Monopolized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Monopolized

Well where I live (Prince Edward Island, Canada) Mw3 will come out at 69.99.+ tax which comes to 84.24.. and then 40 on DLC and whatever else they decide to make you pay for.

Cabbage_TheMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Cabbage_TheMan
    Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Twisted_Scot

If they follow through with this and its not just something stupid like character skins and other aesthetic upgrades then I can definitely see this being the end for COD. (at least for a few years)

Cabbage_TheMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Cabbage_TheMan
    @Twisted_Scot said:
    If they follow through with this and its not just something stupid like character skins and other aesthetic upgrades then I can definitely see this being the end for COD. (at least for a few years)
    I'm already pissed enough about the Battlefield 3 pre-order guns to not buy that game.
    Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Twisted_Scot
    @Cabbage_TheMan said:
    @Twisted_Scot said:
    I'm already pissed enough about the Battlefield 3 pre-order guns to not buy that game.
    To be fair I don't even bother with EA's pre-order nonsense. It usualy ends up being pointless or something you unlock in time anyway. I would hope that the COD:MW3 pay stuff doesn't actually change the game in anyway and just gives people with too much money more hats or something. As long as its not as shitty as L.A Noire getting complete cases depending where you pre-ordered, that was BS.
    Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

No one is forcing you to buy anything.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By JJOR64

Doesn't surprise me really.  They are going to make an ass load of money with this game.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Getz
    @billnyethesciencepie said:
    @ConfusedSanity: us canadians do enjoy a good spot of waller raping every now and then.  even when our dollar is worth more than the us dollar.
    OMG You said rape. EVERYONE GET THIS TACTLESS HEATHEN!
    Cabbage_TheMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cabbage_TheMan
    @Mr_Skeleton said:
    No one is forcing you to buy anything.
    I am not saying I am being forced, but I really enjoyed the story of the first two games and was just hoping to continue that with this one.  It's just disappointing.
    Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By Bollard
    @Cabbage_TheMan said:
    @Twisted_Scot said:
    That is the dumbest fucking thing I have ever heard. I can understand getting pissed at having to pay more money to get significant extra content, which will separate the user base, but fucking seriously you AREN'T buying BF3 just because they give you a FREE gun for pre-ordering at NO EXTRA PRICE. 

Fuck me.
    Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Beaudacious
    @ConfusedSanity: I believe if you order online form certain retailers you can mitigate the tax, especially if they have warehouses in the us. The only tax i pay on games is the bargain bin ones at ebgames.
    CitizenSlug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By CitizenSlug

I want hats.

Cabbage_TheMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Cabbage_TheMan
    @Chavtheworld said:
    @Cabbage_TheMan said:
    @Twisted_Scot said:
    That is the dumbest fucking thing I have ever heard. I can understand getting pissed at having to pay more money to get significant extra content, which will separate the user base, but fucking seriously you AREN'T buying BF3 just because they give you a FREE gun for pre-ordering at NO EXTRA PRICE.  Fuck me.
    They are exclusive guns that you can't get otherwise.  Is it really that stupid to not support something you don't agree with?
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16  Edited By Yanngc33
    @JJOR64 said:
    Doesn't surprise me really.  They are going to make an ass load of money with this game.
    Ass load is an understatement 
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JJOR64
    @Yanngc33 said:
    @JJOR64 said:
    Ok.  $394734987598345698346593475897345689756.00  How's that?
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18  Edited By Yanngc33
    @JJOR64 said:
    @Yanngc33 said:
    @JJOR64 said:
    Ok.  $394734987598345698346593475897345689756.00  How's that?
    Much better, dollar bills will be coming out of Captain Price's mustache
    Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Bollard
    @Cabbage_TheMan: Only one exclusive gun. The other thing is a flash suppressor and a different type of ammo. Hardly exactly game breaking shit, and judging by what they usually give away they'll suck anyway. The only other part of the package is just early access to something if you care about the game. So yeah its kinda dumb to think that's a big deal >.>
    Silock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Silock
    I think Activision came out on record to say that they have no plans to charge for online play in their COD titles. 
    Cabbage_TheMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Cabbage_TheMan

So I guess the recent news means that MW3 will be less broken than Battlefield 3.  Nice.

Cabbage_TheMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Cabbage_TheMan
    @Chavtheworld said:
    @Cabbage_TheMan: Only one exclusive gun. The other thing is a flash suppressor and a different type of ammo. Hardly exactly game breaking shit, and judging by what they usually give away they'll suck anyway. The only other part of the package is just early access to something if you care about the game. So yeah its kinda dumb to think that's a big deal >.>
    told you bro.
    Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bollard
    @Cabbage_TheMan said:
    @Chavtheworld said:
    told you bro.
    I'm failing to see what you told me?
    Cabbage_TheMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Cabbage_TheMan
    @Chavtheworld said:
    @Cabbage_TheMan said:
    @Chavtheworld said:
    told you bro.
    Oh, well I guess I didn't tell you anything lol.  I just think it's pretty shitty of them...
    Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Bollard
    @Cabbage_TheMan said:
    @Chavtheworld said:
    @Cabbage_TheMan said:
    @Chavtheworld said:
    told you bro.
    Oh, well I guess I didn't tell you anything lol.  I just think it's pretty shitty of them...
    Oh okay yeah haha, I see your point but I don't really see it as something to get that annoyed at to not buy the game. Tis your decision!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.