Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

The last installment of the Modern Warfare trilogy brings World War 3 to the world of Call of Duty. While the U.S., British, and French armed forces try to push back the Russian invasion, the disavowed Task Force 141 begin their hunt for international terrorist Vladimir Makarov.

UAV City

KalAl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KalAl

It's kinda ridiculous how people are constantly getting UAVs at all times. It seems to be par for the course to look up at any given time and see two or three UAVs flying in a conga line. I'm guessing it's because you no longer have to get any killstreak at all in order to get one. I didn't play Black Ops so I have no idea how the multiplayer was, but in MW2 getting a UAV actually had an effect on the battle.

amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By amomjc

I don't really see how it's much different than in the previous games where one was shot up every couple of seconds. I like it, it gives a false sense of security that you know where everyone is and then out of a corner some sneaky perk dude nails you.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By MrMazz

Have people forgotten CoD4? When EVERYONE had only UAV airstrike Heli? I don't really think its a problem if you want you can run Assassin and BlindEye if not don't sprint around corners

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By thehexeditor

It's also really easy to get the sam turret and plonk that down.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Marz

It's how black ops was at launch, once people start unlocking the other killstreaks it will be less frequent when other people are using useless killstreaks.

aurahack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By aurahack

Then be the guy with the launcher who takes the UAVs down. You'll get a ton of XP for it and you'll help your team. They're never a problem unless you're terrible at the game and it gives you that bigger of an advantage when you Counter-UAV/EMP an enemy team. Players are so used to relying on the radar to see where enemies are that removing that from them gives your team a really big advantage.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By recroulette

You actually get kills for shooting them down, so I drop every single one. At least for the Support killstreak line.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.