Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

The last installment of the Modern Warfare trilogy brings World War 3 to the world of Call of Duty. While the U.S., British, and French armed forces try to push back the Russian invasion, the disavowed Task Force 141 begin their hunt for international terrorist Vladimir Makarov.

What did you think of the campaign? (SPOILERS)

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Just a general SPOILER FILLED discussion concerning the set piece moments, the story and just the overall single player.

I found it to be fine. I feel as though MW2 was generally more exciting from moment to moment, though. MW3 was fairly ordinary in comparison, with only a few exceptions like the unexpected perspective of the man holding his camera and... I can't think of anything else right now. Concerning that scene, I thought it was a lame attempt at a new "No Russian". It was cool to switch perspectives like that, but I just thought "Well, that just happened." when my daughter blew up after my wife mentioned that she takes her dumb personality from me.

I also thought there was a lack of interesting (new) characters. That's not to say those in MW2 had plenty of personality, but there was something about Ghost, General Shepherd, Foley and Soap (who didn't have a distinct personality until MW2) that made me want to hear more from them. The only one introduced in MW3 that I found even slightly interesting was Grinch just because of his pessimistic view on everything. The rest were boring as hell and it didn't really make me care for when Yuri or Delta Force died. Soap's death was the one moment in the game that made me sad.

I liked how the game ended. It actually wrapped up everything neatly, which is not what I was expecting, and, if anything, makes me wonder what they could pursue with the eventual MW4. Surely not WW3 again, as that's over.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Karl_Boss

Michael Bay directed the game.

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
    shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By shivermetimbers

The gameplay was the same old same old. Truth be told, I was tired of it by the third or forth mission. There was really nothing interesting or jaw dropping about the campaign until the end. The ending was the only thing memorable about the campaign. MW2's campaign and CoD4's campaign were both better.

Avatar image for chamberoftravis
    Chamberoftravis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Chamberoftravis

I did the same thing that made me enjoy transformers 3....I went into it expecting absolute shit and got a really fun experience. It had problems, but I was expecting them so it didn't hinder my game play. I cannot get over the fact that I hated the lame attempt at the new "No Russian." I said it in a different topic, but it served no purpose other then a blatant attempt at getting free press by the news. No one saw that scene start out, you holding the camera, and expect anything other then that to happen. I for one liked the new character you played as, I thought the scene where it took you to parts of MW1+2 and him being in the background was cool, made me like his character more. The game play was the same ol' shit, but that doesn't bother me. I liked the second level boat escape, and the final scene was great. I hope they ditch the MW setting and try something new. I enjoyed black ops, I thought it was a cool take on it all. Hopefully we will get something creative like that and not just a rehash of everything else.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Chamberoftravis said:

I for one liked the new character you played as, I thought the scene where it took you to parts of MW1+2 and him being in the background was cool, made me like his character more.

I forgot about that scene; I also liked it. Actually, I guess I did like Yuri a bit, but that's only after we hear his story and motivations after his punch to the face. Still, when he got impaled and told Price to leave him and get Makarov I was just thinking "Sure thing". Still, it was nice to see him come back in the end and save the day, only to get shot up immediately afterwards.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.