Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

The last installment of the Modern Warfare trilogy brings World War 3 to the world of Call of Duty. While the U.S., British, and French armed forces try to push back the Russian invasion, the disavowed Task Force 141 begin their hunt for international terrorist Vladimir Makarov.

World War 3?

Retro_Clone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Retro_Clone

do you think this is where they are taking MW3? to me it seems so from the trailers, anywho i never played the 2nd one so forgive if thats what they imply in the end.... but this one sounds sweet if they do a WW3 scenario.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

Yes.

Paulus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Paulus

I bet the Germans are responsible again. Third time's the charm right?

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Pibo47
    @Paulus said:
    Haha word.
    But seriously, i think thats kinda what they are going for. But i bet the Russian president isn't gonna be the bad guy, cause from what i remember from the other games the Russians that are attacking everyone are separatists..so they would be the legit govt of Russia.
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5  Edited By Yanngc33
    @Retro_Clone: not really no (open the spoiler tab at your own risk)
    Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
    @Paulus said:

I bet its gonna be Hitler's great grandson that starts it. 

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By RichardLOlson

I'm so tired of this COD shit.  I think they need to just drop it and move on.  I want to see something different with these damn games.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By valrog

Whatever it is, they could at least set it in a city that isn't New York... After experiencing Crysis 2, I don't think anyone can exceed my expectations regarding NYC...

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By InternetCrab
    @RichardLOlson said:
    I'm so tired of this COD shit.  I think they need to just drop it and move on.  I want to see something different with these damn games.
    Everybody wants something different dude. Well i ain't gonna buy this game until i see some good reviews.
    Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Aus_azn

I just want to see what they do to further ruin the originally-brilliant story of Soap MacTavish and John Price.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Wuddel
    @Retro_Clone said:
    do you think this is where they are taking MW3? to me it seems so from the trailers, anywho i never played the 2nd one so forgive if thats what they imply in the end.... but this one sounds sweet if they do a WW3 scenario.
    Its pretty much on in MW2 already. The US is fighting a losing war against Russia.
    EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By EpicSteve

What would the Russians do if they conquered the U.S.? Go on through Canada, or just occupy? 

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Djeffers03
    @Yanngc33 said:
    A little weird that a few terrorist can overthrow a superpower and all of a sudden have the loyalty of the entire armed forces and population to go on and attack the world.
    Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Jadeskye
    @EpicSteve: given how they seem to be into europe pretty hard in the teasers i'm gonna say they steamroll canada and the outlying territories.
    Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Wuddel
    @Djeffers03 said:
    @Yanngc33 said:
    A little weird that a few terrorist can overthrow a superpower and all of a sudden have the loyalty of the entire armed forces and population to go on and attack the world.
    Yeah, head of video games? They are CRAZY!
    EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#16  Edited By EpicSteve
    @jadeskye: True. Realistically speaking (this is what bothered me about Homefront), if the U.S. was invaded the Canadian, Australian and European militaries would be fighting as well. 
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Yanngc33
    @Wuddel said:
    @Djeffers03 said:
    @Yanngc33 said:
    Yeah, head of video games? They are CRAZY!
    Makarov already sort of had the support of the russian people so it kind of makes sense
    Sitoxity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By Sitoxity
    @InternetCrab: So you're gonna buy it regardless then? All CoD games get good reviews. It's inevitable, they'll innovate the least amount possible, add in a couple of new things and everyone will say it's the best FPS around, the majority will get bored of it after a month and they'll go back to the last one, the one two before, or stick with CoD4.

Unless there really is something NEW that they try, I really don't see myself buying this. Sorry IW/Raven/Whoever else is helping, but I'm suffering from CoD fatigue.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @Djeffers03 said:
    @Yanngc33 said:
    Yeah, I'm starting to question the documentarian credibility of these Modern Warfare games too.
    Nova_Love

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Nova_Love

It could be that their heading this direction, considering this time it's direction is pointed toward other countries beside America. I'm interested in seeing if they will make Makarov continue to blame certain attacks on the USA to gain an advantage, similar to what he did in Modern Warfare 2. Hopefully they actually took time to craft the story this time, unlike the mess they introduced in the second title.

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By thehexeditor

I hope they make Makarov a more interesting villain. In MW2 it was just "HE'S A WHORE, A MAD DOG KILLER FOR THE HIGHEST BIDDER" then the infamous "No Russian" and then "I'll see you in hell Price"

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vidiot
    @HandsomeDead said:
    @Djeffers03 said:
    @Yanngc33 said:
    Yeah, I'm starting to question the documentarian credibility of these Modern Warfare games too.
    I'm sorry, excuse me, this is where we draw the line for something that makes logical sense? You people did play the last game right?
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By AhmadMetallic

man who cares anymore? I've enjoyed all 6 single player campaigns of Call of Duty games, and i'm eager to play MW3's campaign, but i don't care about the details anymore.. it's braindead writing coated with good cinematic action 

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jadeskye
    @EpicSteve said:
    @jadeskye: True. Realistically speaking (this is what bothered me about Homefront), if the U.S. was invaded the Canadian, Australian and European militaries would be fighting as well. 
    i recently played about 2 hours of homefront (was all i could stomache) and yes, i agree. The UK and Canada would be first on the scene.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @vidiot said:
    @HandsomeDead said:
    @Djeffers03 said:
    @Yanngc33 said:
    I'm sorry, excuse me, this is where we draw the line for something that makes logical sense? You people did play the last game right?
    Don't be such a dense cunt.
    vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By vidiot
    @HandsomeDead said:
    @vidiot said:
    @HandsomeDead said:
    @Djeffers03 said:
    @Yanngc33 said:
    No idea why you're calling me names. Illogical storyline+More illogical craziness=More lunacy. Which is something you agree with, unless your excellent sarcastic comment questioning the "documentarian credibility" was not sarcastic and was legit literal.
    Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#27  Edited By Daveyo520

Yup. I don't understand why the Russians are attacking other countries though, they only went to war with the US. Maybe Soap got some info out to have Europe see we didn't mean to fuck up. Then why wouldn't they just send troops to the US? Why would the Russians attack their countries?

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World
    War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
    -- Albert Einstein    
    InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By InternetCrab
    @Sitoxity said:
    @InternetCrab: So you're gonna buy it regardless then? All CoD games get good reviews. It's inevitable, they'll innovate the least amount possible, add in a couple of new things and everyone will say it's the best FPS around, the majority will get bored of it after a month and they'll go back to the last one, the one two before, or stick with CoD4. Unless there really is something NEW that they try, I really don't see myself buying this. Sorry IW/Raven/Whoever else is helping, but I'm suffering from CoD fatigue.
    Good point. I guess i will see what some honest people on Giantbomb think then ;)
    zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By zityz

Wait. Wouldn't that be classified as Future Combat? as it could be a real case scenario that hasn't happen yet?

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Yanngc33
    @vidiot said:
    @HandsomeDead said:
    @vidiot said:
    @HandsomeDead said:
    @Djeffers03 said:
    @Yanngc33 said:
    No idea why you're calling me names. Illogical storyline+More illogical craziness=More lunacy. Which is something you agree with, unless your excellent sarcastic comment questioning the "documentarian credibility" was not sarcastic and was legit literal.
    I liked the part where I stormed the White House
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Speculation threads are pretty useless now that the plot can easily be known.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @vidiot said:

@HandsomeDead said:

@vidiot said:
    @HandsomeDead said:
    @Djeffers03 said:
    @Yanngc33 said:

Because when it comes to discussing Modern Warfare, you're a slippery customer. Any time it comes up, you post like everyone else is playing the game like it's a statement of fact but you, and only you, can see through the bullshit and see it's actually a blockbuster technothriller so I can never tell if you're being obtuse, a little bit of a spastic or what.
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Yanngc33
    @HandsomeDead said:
    @vidiot said:

@HandsomeDead said:

@vidiot said:
    @HandsomeDead said:
    @Djeffers03 said:
    @Yanngc33 said:

Because when it comes to discussing Modern Warfare, you're a slippery customer. Any time it comes up, you post like everyone else is playing the game like it's a statement of fact but you, and only you, can see through the bullshit and see it's actually a blockbuster technothriller so I can never tell if you're being obtuse, a little bit of a spastic or what.
    I just liked the part where I stormed the whitehouse. I thought the part when the dude with the beard blew the nuke up totally made it a techno thriller. 
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @Yanngc33: I don't even know what you're trying to get at.
    vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By vidiot
    @HandsomeDead said:

@vidiot said:

@HandsomeDead said:

@vidiot said:
    @HandsomeDead said:
    @Djeffers03 said:
    @Yanngc33 said:

Hard time deciphering that last sentence. It should be noted that my playful addition to your comment, should be interpreted as nothing more as an agreement and reminder that MW2's "plot" is a muddled mess, and it's funny that people are finding the outlandish concepts in MW3 "weird". This is something that I assume you agree with, seeing how your own sarcastic comment, reminded that Modern Warfare is a series that has a plot and setting rooted in the logical constructs of hyper-fantasy. If we were to divorce ourselves from the conversation, we would see you making a sarcastic comment, and then me making another playful sarcastic comment.
    Then you call me a dense cunt...For making an equal sarcastic comment.

Oh, no wait, it's because of my own personal past posts being critical of MW2's plot, and yet at the same time, accepting that it's not a terrible shooter? This makes me unqualified to even make a light jab at this? You are qualified? It seems you want to go back down a road we've traveled before, I'm just skimming over it friend. No intent on hijacking another thread.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @vidiot: See, that's the thing; your sarcasm is so black and white that it doesn't carry any humour at all. It's just saying the wrong thing in the context and expecting for someone to find it amusing, which from what I can tell, hasn't happened yet. Similarly, unless you're sarcastic all the time, like when you talk about Red Dawn, it just melds with your bizarre opinions and gets ignored.
    Retro_Clone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Retro_Clone

wish i could delete this thread, its gotten so off-topic.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @Retro_Clone: Alternate history games are some of the most controversial topics on this board for some unknown reason.
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Yanngc33
    @HandsomeDead: I'm getting at that yes the game's story is ridiculous and that no we don't have to get into a big argument about it :)
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @Yanngc33: But I don't really get what you mean by ridiculous. In context, it works, and it's not more out there than pretty much any other video game I have ever played. Were there a strong canon of realist games out there, I'd get a lot of the criticism but, in general, I just find most of it hypocritical.
    vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By vidiot
    @HandsomeDead: Oh, okay. Cool.
    Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Djeffers03
    @vidiot said:
    @HandsomeDead said:

@vidiot said:

@HandsomeDead said:

@vidiot said:
    @HandsomeDead said:
    @Djeffers03 said:
    @Yanngc33 said:

Hard time deciphering that last sentence. It should be noted that my playful addition to your comment, should be interpreted as nothing more as an agreement and reminder that MW2's "plot" is a muddled mess, and it's funny that people are finding the outlandish concepts in MW3 "weird". This is something that I assume you agree with, seeing how your own sarcastic comment, reminded that Modern Warfare is a series that has a plot and setting rooted in the logical constructs of hyper-fantasy. If we were to divorce ourselves from the conversation, we would see you making a sarcastic comment, and then me making another playful sarcastic comment.
    Then you call me a dense cunt...For making an equal sarcastic comment.

Oh, no wait, it's because of my own personal past posts being critical of MW2's plot, and yet at the same time, accepting that it's not a terrible shooter? This makes me unqualified to even make a light jab at this? You are qualified? It seems you want to go back down a road we've traveled before, I'm just skimming over it friend. No intent on hijacking another thread.
    In the end who really gives a shit about any of this? Shall we go back to shooting dudes in the face, yeah? Cool, lets do that.
    Solemn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Solemn

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's World War 3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.