Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 25, 2019

The 16th installment of the Call of Duty series is a reboot of the modern-military Modern Warfare sub-series, reworking characters and events into a 2019 setting.

April 21st Cabin Fever Map Rotation

hughjassman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

Edited By hughjassman

An angry nerd makes some graphs

Like everybody else, I am already bored of this quarantine. To get through this without going stir crazy, I decided to go for the platinum shotgun camo in Modern Warfare. In order to do so I chose to play on the "Cabin Fever" map rotation which is described in-game as being comprised of small maps. I figured it would be a lot of Shipment and Shoot House matches which would be ideal environments to shred the competition and quickly get platinum. Well, I was wrong. Shipment rarely came up and Shoot House didn't appear much more often. Being the easily annoyed nerd that I am, I took to Google Sheets to reaffirm my belief that CoD:MW was deliberately trying to frustrate me.

Results

So after joining 100 Cabin Fever lobbies(not a huge sample size I'll admit), I compiled the results into a spreadsheet and produced two charts to more easily illustrate the pick rates.

Who doesn't love a good pie chart?
    Who doesn't love a good pie chart?

The chart clearly shows that the rotation favors Khandor Hideout and Hackney Yard. In fact, those two maps collectively appear at near the same rate as the other three combined. From personal experience I will tell you that trying to level the Origin 12 on Khandor Hideout is a massive chore. It's basically a peashooter at any range beyond arms reach.

In my opinion this bar graph makes it look less significant.
    In my opinion this bar graph makes it look less significant.

Now these results might not be as accurate as they could be. As I stated previously, the sample size was only 100 and my experience from beginning to end varied wildly. For example, when I first started documenting this, at about 30 rounds or so, the shipment pick rate was below 1%. Towards the end however, Shipment popped up 3 times in a row. Naturally I had already gotten platinum by this point so I can confirm that MW knows what you want and gives you something else just to spite you. For most of the time spent the data seemed to be trending towards a very specific division of map priority. It is not as noticeable with the end results but the trend is still loosely there. My guess for how it is divided up internally is as follows:

• Khandor Hideout 33.3% or 1/3
    • Hackney Yard 33.3% or 1/3
    • Rust 16.6% or 1/6
    • Shoot House 11.1% or 1/9(2/18)
    • Shipment 5.5% or 1/18

TL;DR

I was angry and made some graphs. Cabin fever does have Shipment and Shoot House but in low numbers. If you are looking for a small maps playlist this might not be it. You are going to spend most of your time in Khandor Hideout or Hackney Yard. If you have a different experience or have been so inclined to nerd out and collect data yourself, then please feel free to comment what you found.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.