Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: World at War

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

The fifth installment of the Call of Duty series, bringing most of the gameplay and graphical improvements of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare back to World War II conflict. It is also the first Call of Duty game set in the Pacific Theater.

WaW Map Pack 2 Review

SimpsonFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Edited By SimpsonFan

This is the best Map Pack out of CoD. Map Pack 2 is great, let's start with everyones favorite, zombies.

Shi No Numa: No, not numa numa. This is the best Zombie Map. It's huge, requires strategy and is overall set up great. Hell Hounds are cool and are a great addition to the zombies. My highest i got to is level 21 and it is even a more of a blast with friends as ever. There is different shacks on the outskirts of the main building (which is 2 story). You go through swamps and each has a mystery box and great guns. Heck, theres even a zipline for a quick escape.  They added a godly electric gun and it can be used to save teammates! It also takes out huge groups of zombies at once! The electric barriers are back. Great, Great, Fun Map. Worth $10 alone. Can we just get an all zombie game? Please...

Corrosion: Good Map, Big, Cool pipes to travel though, good set-up, very cheap at times but overall a map that reminds me of pipeline from CoD4.
    Banzai: Sweet Map, Huge bridge in middle, 2 sides, tunnels, caves, great map. Super fun, Snipers Paradise. Need to be tactical. Like Wetwork from CoD4.
    Sun Pens: Worst out of the 3. Decent Map still. To many rooms, and a campers paradise.

Overall, a great deal for $10. Much better than Map Pack 1. Will there be a Map Pack 3? I hope so, i need more zombies. But, Shi No Numa is amazing.

SimpsonFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1  Edited By SimpsonFan

This is the best Map Pack out of CoD. Map Pack 2 is great, let's start with everyones favorite, zombies.

Shi No Numa: No, not numa numa. This is the best Zombie Map. It's huge, requires strategy and is overall set up great. Hell Hounds are cool and are a great addition to the zombies. My highest i got to is level 21 and it is even a more of a blast with friends as ever. There is different shacks on the outskirts of the main building (which is 2 story). You go through swamps and each has a mystery box and great guns. Heck, theres even a zipline for a quick escape.  They added a godly electric gun and it can be used to save teammates! It also takes out huge groups of zombies at once! The electric barriers are back. Great, Great, Fun Map. Worth $10 alone. Can we just get an all zombie game? Please...

Corrosion: Good Map, Big, Cool pipes to travel though, good set-up, very cheap at times but overall a map that reminds me of pipeline from CoD4.
    Banzai: Sweet Map, Huge bridge in middle, 2 sides, tunnels, caves, great map. Super fun, Snipers Paradise. Need to be tactical. Like Wetwork from CoD4.
    Sun Pens: Worst out of the 3. Decent Map still. To many rooms, and a campers paradise.

Overall, a great deal for $10. Much better than Map Pack 1. Will there be a Map Pack 3? I hope so, i need more zombies. But, Shi No Numa is amazing.

Jared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Jared

Sweet, good review, I'll probably DL this.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Out_On_Bail

Personally I dont like Bonzai.  Most likely this is due to the snipers, or maybe it's because I got my ass kicked while I played it.  I guess, like any other map, once I learn it I should be okay.  But out of the 3 that's my least fav.

I agree though, a much much better map pack than the previous.  I'm not to pressed about a 3rd map pack, by the end of the summer this game will be a trade in for MW2.
    Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I just can't wait for MW2!!!!

ep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By ep
    @Everyones_A_Critic: Yeah, I'm not sure I should buy either map pack if MW2 is coming out in the fall.
    Dimitris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Dimitris

i downloaded this and it's awesome. good review

Alberto777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Alberto777

Sounds like fun, I'm a PC gamer so I'd be getting this soon with a patch for free (= so I'm looking forward to it. I envy you for having it earlier than us, but it's worth the wait if it's for free. Yeah I'm looking forward to the new zombie map.

Jordan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By Jordan23

Damn, when I decided to trade-in my World at War game, Treyarch decides to release another map pack.

Bastards!

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By natetodamax

I agree with Sub Pens. I was excited for that map because it sounded neat, but the "monsoon" is not even there and there are too many campers.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.