Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: WWII

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 03, 2017

Call of Duty's 2017 release returns to its World War II roots.

What are people throughts on Multiplayer - Compared to the last two games?

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

So, what I really want to know is this = Will I like the WW2 gameplay, IF the following is true.

- My MOST favorite CoD have been MW, MW2, BLOPs 1, and Advanced Warfare
    - My LEAST favorites have been Ghosts and Infinite Warfare
    - I don't play Zombies
    - I don't like Overwatch because I like to make my own characters...gameplay is fine, I just like to have my own character.

So given the above, will I like CoD WW2?

Dray2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

1. My MOST favorite CoD have been MW, MW2, BLOPs 1, and Advanced Warfare

2. My LEAST favorites have been Ghosts and Infinite Warfare

3. I don't play Zombies

4. I don't like Overwatch because I like to make my own characters...gameplay is fine, I just like to have my own character.

1. This game goes a bit more back to the roots to those games.

2. Considering the first point, this game doesn't feel like Infinite Warfare at all.

3. Its a optional game that you can ignore.

4. This game actually lets you create and costumize your own chracter. You can change the gender, skin color, well you name it.

I only played like less than an hour because a friend let me so its not 100% set in stone but as someone who doesn't like IW at all this game just seems better. COD:WW2 may not a historically sensitive nor is a well executed thing but it certainly is a video game you can have fun with, at least judging by your points.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

As somebody that's last CoD game was MW3 I'm not having the time I was hoping for with this one. Maybe it's because I haven't played this type of quick shooter for years or that I've just come of the back of putting 500 and counting hours into Overwatch but man do i suck donkey dick. K/D sitting at 0.92 when in MW/2/3 it was 2.24. Am I just getting old? Holy fuck it's annoying me.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

#4  Edited By bobafettjm

@frodobaggins: I would say just purely based on the map sizes and spawns in the last handful of COD games having a higher K/D is not as easy to attain.

I only played the PC beta and a single mission in single player on the Xbox One so far but I have enjoyed what I played. I thought the multiplayer in Infinite Warfare was the WORST in the entire series, closely followed by Ghosts.

Avatar image for joe_mccallister
    Joe_McCallister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

This is the first in a while where I find myself jumping into Multiplayer before finishing the campaign - I like it for the most part, and it's a good change of pace. War is a little annoying here and there and I tend to gravitate toward hardcore TDM, but it's alright - the weapons and progression feel rewarding, the hub area is weird but fine - it adds that minimal load time the guys talked about but I think Jeff was looking for something totally different in this game. I could see myself getting to a fairly high level, but I don't play with a group like I did in my MW2 days, and there's just so much out there it's going to be hard to stay on WWII. If you liked the older style games and swung away in IW/AW, this might be something to check out.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#6 fisk0  Moderator

While I'm not sure how much it would apply to your case, I really didn't like the level designs in the WW2 multiplayer beta.

I think Call of Duty has had issues with the multiplayer maps feeling too corridor-y since about Call of Duty 4, or at least Modern Warfare 2, but this felt particularly extreme even in comparison with that. They've managed to make outdoor areas feel like cramped corridors.

My favorite Call of Duty was 3 though, which is otherwise seemingly universally reviled, so I may very well be in the minority here.

e30bmw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As somebody that's last CoD game was MW3 I'm not having the time I was hoping for with this one. Maybe it's because I haven't played this type of quick shooter for years or that I've just come of the back of putting 500 and counting hours into Overwatch but man do i suck donkey dick. K/D sitting at 0.92 when in MW/2/3 it was 2.24. Am I just getting old? Holy fuck it's annoying me.

I'm enjoying the hell out of this game. But this is the first COD and console FPS I've played since BO1. Been playing a ton of CS:GO for the past 3 or 4 years. Holy shit is it hard to get used to using a controller again, my K/D is like 0.65, it was like 0.50.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'd say this multiplayer has more in common with WaW than any other CoD. It just has that same feel to it with the weapons and limited attachments, which feels nice after being bombarded with perks, attachments, advanced movement, and guns in IW. It still manages to have a lot to unlock and the progression feels pretty good.

The only thing I don't really like about WWII are the maps... like I can say there are at least 3 maps that I absolutely hate and there are only 8 that are in the rotation for the traditional game modes, so that only leaves 5 that I only sort of enjoy. The other thing about the maps, is that there seems to be more deaths than usual. It's pretty rare to see someone with no less than 7 deaths in this game.

A great change though is that it now takes more than one person to swap the spawns around which is great for Domination.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By monkeyking1969

I might try it out...it doesn't seem like one I would dislike.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to hear from people playing:

• New thoughts on the game in multiplayer?
    • Thoughts about loot boxes? How you get them, how frequently they drop, and what you get?
    • Thoughts on the maps?
    • Thoughts on creating characters?

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I want to hear from people playing:

• New thoughts on the game in multiplayer?
    • Thoughts about loot boxes? How you get them, how frequently they drop, and what you get?
    • Thoughts on the maps?
    • Thoughts on creating characters?
    • The game is completely, totally, relentlessly serviceable. For posterity's sake, I'll say that I bounced off of the jetpack-Call of Duty entries (Advanced, Black Ops III, Infinite) very, very quickly. WWII isn't exciting in basically any sense, it doesn't outright excel at any given thing, but it feels totally fine in most ways. The server stability has been spotty, so I've run into frequent disconnects and goofy hit registration issues as the result of lag spikes. But when the game works, it pushes all the buttons a typical multiplayer shooter would.

• In my experience, the loot boxes are completely worthless. They aren't worth your time, they aren't worth your effort, they certainly aren't worth your money. In the approximately two dozen lootboxes I've earned, nothing of material value has been among the contents. You occasionally get a new outfit, but mostly you receive new grip paintjobs for your guns (?) and new title cards that show your gamertag to others when you kill them.

• Some maps are okay. Some are extremely bad. Almost all of them follow the bromide three-lane architectural school of thought. Frankly, a lot of the maps stifle your movement, and the spawnpoints don't flip quickly so teams on the losing end of a fight are often the victims of spawn-trapping.

• It's about as minimal a character creation system as you can imagine. Again, you eventually get access to new outfits, but, like, who cares.
    Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Rebel_Scum

@fisk0 said:

My favorite Call of Duty was 3 though, which is otherwise seemingly universally reviled, so I may very well be in the minority here.

I've been chirping that on here for years. Eder Dam, Merville, Poisson & Rouen are great maps. Add to that no progression, just 6 classes per "side" with 0 customisation. Just a level playing field. It's how I wish they'd go back to tbh.

Also you can choose specifically what game to enter into.

chaz934

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I love it! Haven't enjoyed a CoD game this much since BLOPs2. I fell off everything from Ghosts through Infinite Warfare about 2 weeks after release.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By monkeyking1969
    No Caption Provided

I have to say I am starting to enjoy playing it. I really wish they allowed for more character customization though... I would give up hats/helmets, and 1/3 of the outfits (the unique ones not just palette-swaps) for just eight more faces. Four more men , four more women, and that would be great for making more unique characters in a lobby. I would f@%$ing buy them if Activision wanted!!!

<-----Seeing this mug all the time is depressing. In most CoD mp lobbies you see 7 of this turd with his punchable face.

All the same I have warmed up considerably to the maps and gameplay. Prop Hunt was a fun need mode in moderation, its Hide & Seek for adults; so I hope they bring it back. Playing a few rounds of that was a nice Apéritif, between rounds of Team Deathmatch. I think now, three months in, the game has enough modes and maps to make it enjoyable. As with most MP games ist never tuned right at launch.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.