Hey Giantbomb, Whats your favorite call of duty?

• 81 results
#1 Posted by Reznov (48 posts) -

Avatar image for video_game_king
#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36564 posts) -

Modern Warfare?

#3 Posted by codynewill (204 posts) -

Call of Duty started a gradual decline for me after the first Modern Warfare. Still, Modern Warfare 2 did keep me around for a good 30 hours, despite not being as focused or brilliant as COD4.

#4 Posted by Dany (8018 posts) -

Fuck.

Thats a lot of call of duties.

#5 Edited by Claude (16651 posts) -

My ten year old nephew loves Black Ops. You can find him playing online on the Xbox 360. I quit playing after Call of Duty 2. It became to multiplayer focused for my taste.

#6 Posted by bushpusherr (1075 posts) -

I voted Call of Duty 2, but only regarding the PC version. That is absolutely my favorite competitive multiplayer to date.

#7 Posted by LordAndrew (14601 posts) -
Where the hell us Cal of Duty: World at War: Zombies?
Avatar image for randominternetuser
#8 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6805 posts) -

Call of Duty 4.

Avatar image for little_socrates
#9 Posted by Little_Socrates (5844 posts) -

Modern Warfare, then Black Ops, then Call of Duty 2, then MW3, then MW2, then Call of Duty 3 (Wii.) That's all I've played.

#10 Posted by BabyChooChoo (6555 posts) -

MDub1 (because I can fucking say it that way). Dub2 was pretty good, but a lot of memories with that game are filled with quickscoping, noobtubing, annoying perks, and just a lot of generally fucked up shit that I feel is due more to the players exploiting mechanics rather than it being the developers' fault. There was a lot of shit players exploited in the first game too, but for a while it was the. bombest. shit. on. the. planet.

#11 Posted by mano521 (1258 posts) -

black ops for me. they brought back a good amount of the balance that was in cod4 and gave guns recoil again. and also its not hacked to shit yet

#12 Posted by SarjuTheRapper (291 posts) -

i've played most of em, but i haven't gotten bored of the first one yet

#13 Posted by DillonWerner (1609 posts) -

Cod4 is the best in the series in my opinion. I think I logged something like 24 days on that game.

#14 Posted by Nottle (1933 posts) -

Never got REALLY into Cod4 multiplayer, but that single player campaign was very memorable and original.

I really did like MW2 as well, played much more of that multiplayer. Story was crazy, but to the point of being silly at times.! It's not as neat as Cod4. Also the MW2 multiplayer became super hacked later on.

#15 Posted by Sackmanjones (5512 posts) -

Remember when Modern Warfare was one of like 3 modern military shooters? Ya that game was fuckin awesome

Avatar image for andrewbeardsley
#16 Posted by AndrewBeardsley (387 posts) -

Call of duty 2 for sure

#17 Posted by JasonR86 (10178 posts) -

COD 4. I don't really care one way or the other about the others.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
#18 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1548 posts) -

UO

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
#19 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7097 posts) -

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare because it's the best one I can remember. One of the most enjoyable multiplayer experiences I've ever had. Yeah but M16 was broken and it only had one map pack but the vast majority of the maps were so fucking good and that game was just so fucking fun. I really wish that game wasn't hacked to hell on 360 or I would absolutely go back to it.

#20 Posted by sparky_buzzsaw (7965 posts) -

Black Ops, though Call of Duty 2 really was the one that hooked me with that sequence where you're watching tanks drive right over the top of your foxhole/ditch.

#21 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1673 posts) -

I voted for COD2 just to make sure someone did. I'm glad someone else has voted for it as well.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
#22 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1548 posts) -

@FiestaUnicorn said:

I voted for COD2 just to make sure someone did. I'm glad someone else has voted for it as well.

More games need to include the Kar 98K.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
#23 Posted by President_Barackbar (3610 posts) -

Call of Duty 4, with 2 as a close second. 2 is an excellent game, but it just wasn't the revolution that 4 was.

#24 Posted by MyNiceIceLife (701 posts) -

6 hours for a single round of Base Assault on a custom map in UO...no CoD has compared since.

#25 Posted by breadfan (6803 posts) -

4. Put more time into multiplayer than I'd like to admit. Sorta lost its charm after that.

#26 Posted by Red (6146 posts) -

It's a tough call between MW1 and MW2. CoD4 definitely had a tighter campaign, but MW2 had better multiplayer and Spec Ops. It's a tough call, but I'll say MW2, by the tip of a throwing knife that was pulled out of your shoulder.

#27 Posted by Dimsey (1122 posts) -

Call of Duty 2. Not sure it's necessarily better, but I have fond memories of it. 
It's the first shooter I really played online.

#28 Posted by fox01313 (5205 posts) -

As much as I enjoyed MW1 & MW2, Black Ops is still my favorite in just how they did the framework for the story being able to just about go anywhere or any point in time for the last 40 years. Plus it also had a better zombie mode being the top down shooter as well as Zork being in there.

#29 Posted by cid798 (323 posts) -

I meant 4 but hit 3. It was the 3rd and last PC one I played.

#30 Posted by Shreik (28 posts) -

Call of Duty 2 on the 360. I have so many fond memories of the first year of the console and my new found gaming buddies. I think it might be my best gaming experience overall.

Avatar image for james_giant_peach
#31 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (756 posts) -

CoD 4, easily. World at War is brilliant too, at least in terms of multiplayer, and I'm one of the minority apparently who loved 3. Black Ops was fine, and I've got back into MW3 recently and it's not a bad game at all. There are a lot of Call of Duty games out there, but they're all pretty damn good. Except the DS ones.

#32 Posted by Lysergica33 (601 posts) -

United Offensive all the way. One of the finest Multiplayer games of all time imo. CoD 4 a close second for its stunning campaign though. Everything since then has stank of mediocrity, although I did enjoy WaW's mp a lot (for feeling like the old school CoD's,) aside from those goddamn dogs.

#33 Posted by sungahymn (1141 posts) -

Modern Warfare 2 because it had the most memorable campaign for me.

#34 Posted by Darkstar_Pug (200 posts) -

#35 Posted by Vexxan (4633 posts) -

CoD 4.

#36 Posted by StrikeALight (1202 posts) -

I've only played COD4. I guess that one.

#37 Posted by Bleeble (98 posts) -

COD 4, I purchased MW2 and Black Ops, but I just didn't enjoy them as much and for now I am done with Call of Duty all together.

#38 Posted by Winternet (8397 posts) -

Call of Duty 4

Call of Duty 2

Modern Warfare 2

#39 Posted by Brodehouse (10827 posts) -

I liked the campaign in Black Ops. But that probably has more to do with me liking spy shit and Vietnam more than Ramirez Oscar Mike That AC-130.

#40 Posted by Justin258 (14373 posts) -

The fourth one. It had the best and most focused campaign, the tightest story, the most interesting set pieces, and all of that. I don't think I've seen a game since that balanced story and gameplay so well - each one was there to serve the other, which is how I think it should be.

#41 Posted by Klaimore (1006 posts) -

Black ops great story and a balanced multiplayer.

#42 Posted by ProfessorEss (7957 posts) -

It's pretty close between 2 and 4 for me, but I think I have to go with CoD4.

#43 Posted by Jaytow (793 posts) -

Modern warfare 2, I played that game so much.

#44 Posted by AhmadMetallic (19301 posts) -

Call of Duty 1 is the greatest shooter ever made

#45 Posted by Grilledcheez (4066 posts) -

The last one I played was MW2, but I enjoyed the first Modern Warfare much more.

#46 Posted by Kedi2 (322 posts) -

Call of Duty 2 for sure.

#47 Posted by TheHT (14307 posts) -

1 and 4.

#48 Posted by ZenaxPure (2584 posts) -

MW2 is the only one I ever wanted to purchase at launch and ended up spending a good 100+ hours online, so def that.

#49 Posted by Canteu (2968 posts) -

World at war. No question.

#50 Posted by Soapy86 (2738 posts) -

Call of Duty 2. Call of Duty 4 and Black Ops aren't far behind it though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.