Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Candy Box

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released April 2013

Candy Box is an online game based around candy. The player must complete quests and collect all of the candy to win.

Candies Converter

loafking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Anyone know how to make the candies converter work faster? I've had it convert super fast in the past, but I'm not sure what I did to make it happen.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Does it convert at anything other than a fixed rate? I'd like to know the answer too.

TimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It starts slow, but accelerates over time as long as you leave it running. However, it's not linear.

from candiesConverter.js:

// We increment the speed
    if(this.speed < 10000) this.speed += 1;
    else this.speed *= 2;

loafking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By loafking

I read somewhere that the rate goes up exponentially and at ~17 minutes all of your candies should be converted. And I feel I've gotten that to work once, but not again. So so many candies...

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

Is there a reason to even use the candy converter? I generate 100 lollipops/second and only 3 candies/second. Why would I want to convert candies into lollipops when candies are the scarce resource? Does it eventually get the ability to change lollipops into candies?

stalefishies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By stalefishies

Is there a reason to even use the candy converter? I generate 100 lollipops/second and only 3 candies/second. Why would I want to convert candies into lollipops when candies are the scarce resource? Does it eventually get the ability to change lollipops into candies?

Lollipops are the resource in demand though, at least it is for me at this point in the game, when I only need tens of thousands of candies for the cauldron but millions of lollipops for the sorceress stuff. The extra 34 candies/s I get now really helps my lollipop count.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You are going to need lots and lots of lollipops. Like way more than whatever you have now.

Kabishen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, at the end of the game you're going to want a lot of lollipops, and you're going to have way more candies than lollis. Like maybe possibly just perhaps in the billions.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@kabishen said:

Yeah, at the end of the game you're going to want a lot of lollipops, and you're going to have way more candies than lollis. Like maybe possibly just perhaps in the billions.

I found it went the other way, I am spending my lollipops to get candies at 300k for 300k from the witch. I am boosting my health waaaay up.

srodrigueziii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Yup, lots and lots of candies, equals lots and lots of lollipops. The demand fluctuates between the two, and a whole lot of one can lead to a whole lot of the other. Here's where I stand now, with no hacks or script editing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.