Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Capcom

Company »

Capcom is a well-known Japanese game developer and publisher, formerly known as Capsule Computing. They are responsible for such franchises as Mega Man, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Devil May Cry, Monster Hunter and Onimusha.

The View From The 16th Floor

• 56 results
    Pkshields

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By Pkshields

An article on explaining how Giant Bomb does business for gaining gaming coverage form publishers and all the comments are about Pizza Pringles. This is how Giant Bomb rolls.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By End_Boss

Well said, Mr. Gerstmann. On a related note, I didn't even blink when I read that they flew you to Hawaii, because dude, a journalist's gotta' go where the story is. Just because that place happens to be awesome every so often is merely one of the perks of the job. 

Wait, let me rephrase: one of the perks of the job that does not make you a corrupt reviewer. I for one will rue the day when outlets decide which events to cover and which to pass on based solely on public perception of their travel arrangements.

OneEyedGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By OneEyedGod

Any body who knows the history of GB and more importantly you Jeff is not going to think that some one bribed you off for better coverage and review scores....now I'm going to go play some kayne & lynch dead men!

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By Milkman

It really doesn't make any sense for anyone to complain about this stuff.

AllanIceman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By AllanIceman

Good stuff Jeff.

kwyee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

#56  Edited By kwyee

I come to GB because of the community, original content and reviews.  These 3 things have not apparently been affected by any biases you guys have (whether from the free travel, personal preference, relationship with the developer/publisher, etc.). The content is still extremely enjoyable and useful.  So you guys should continue to do whatever works for you. 

OTOH, the day the content starts looking like a giant boring Acme ad (whether due to free trips or whatever) is probably the day you will see your traffic tank.  I doubt that day will come soon, but well... you guys know how the Internet works.

karrydayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By karrydayton

When in the vast human endeavor did it become a crime to enjoy what you do? And better, to have others, whom are part of the industry, not only enjoy what they do, but want to share that in a warm, tropical, ocean side place.  There are far worse crossroads to be stuck at.  Take for example last week when my crack problem ended up involving a 'back massager'... oh... um, nevermind.
    Morality is an imprint imposed by others.  
    I hope you had a blast.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.