Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Capcom

Company »

Capcom is a well-known Japanese game developer and publisher, formerly known as Capsule Computing. They are responsible for such franchises as Mega Man, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Devil May Cry, Monster Hunter and Onimusha.

Why is Capcom so Awesome this Generation?

lawblob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By lawblob

In my opinion, if one publisher is 'getting it right' this generation, it is Capcom. 

They have a steady flow of high quality new IP: Dead Rising, Zack & Wiki, Lost Planet, Dark Void.

They are also producing and releasing very high quality re-makes:  Bionic Commando, 1942 Joint Strike, Street Fighter 4, Mega Man 9, Commando 3, etc..

They also continue to produce high quality sequels to popular games:  Ace Attorney series, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, etc..

Is there a particular reason for Capcom's amazing success this generation?  Why don't other publishers 'get it' like Capcom seems to be getting it, this generation?

niall077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By niall077

agree

Capcom are on fire this gen with all that you just said

and now that a new Marvel Vs Capcom is coming "sooner then you'd think" 

almost makes up for the ps3 getting Lost planet and not dead rising  (I still want it)

PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PharoahCapcom

Capcom has always been GOD.

evilhomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By evilhomer

damn good question and even goes back a bit to Okami, RE4 and such.  they just seem to know what they want to do and have top-notch talent all around.  Dead Rising is a perfect example of a game that I didnt have much expectations for but received so much more than i figured.  they have several great games that are very unique from one another which amazes  me.

those guys just know what they're doing and they've been around awhile, Capcom has become one of the developers I trust the most in bring top quality gaming experiences

PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PharoahCapcom
    evilhomer said:
    "damn good question and even goes back a bit to Okami, RE4 and such.  they just seem to know what they want to do and have top-notch talent all around.  Dead Rising is a perfect example of a game that I didnt have much expectations for but received so much more than i figured.  they have several great games that are very unique from one another which amazes  me.

those guys just know what they're doing and they've been around awhile, Capcom has become one of the developers I trust the most in bring top quality gaming experiences
    "
    Okami flopped....
    DarkElf2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By DarkElf2112

Note to Capcom: Love your stuff but quit screwing around and get Dead Rising 2 out!

PharoahCapcom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PharoahCapcom
    DarkElf2112 said:
    "Note to Capcom: Love your stuff but quit screwing around and get Dead Rising 2 out!"
    They are making 2 Resident Evil's,Bionic Commando and SFIV..do you really think they have time for DR2?
    ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By ZimpanX

Agreed, also one of the few Japanese developers that can really nail high quality graphics as well as the western ones.

Jay4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Jay4321

I was just about to make a thread before spotting this one.

In my opinion Capcom are the best developers/publishers out there, I mean think about all the solid titles they release year in and year out. IMO they have been on fire ever since Resident Evil was released 12 years ago. They have consistently delivered top quality titles to our consoles. With the release of Bionic Commando Rearmed, which is a very good update to an older title it shows that capcom can still bring it like only Capcom can.

I mean lets look at their recent/upcoming releases...
    Lost Planet (Been a few years, lets leave this as the oldest title)
    Devil May Cry 4
    Okami (Wii)
    Resident Evil 4 (Wii)
    Mega Man 9
    Street Fighter IV
    The Street Fighter II Updated Titles
    Dark Void
    Flock
    Age of Booty
    Resident Evil 5
    Bionic Commando 2008

I mean DAMN, look at the solid sure fire hits on that list...Capcom has always been my favorite 3rd party developer...probably always will. Love their efforts.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By brukaoru

Ugh... Capcom praise... Egh. Well besides the company itself making many stupid decisions, I suppose I can admit they are making good games this generation... Though I disagree with including DMC4, that disappointed me very much.

Meresin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Meresin

Capcom has done some pretty cool stuff. Dark Void is definitely a game I'm looking forward to...C'mon, who wouldn't love Gears of War meets The Rocketeer?! RE5 also looks absolutely spectacular, and I can't wait to give it a play-through.

I'm actually becoming a progressively bigger fan of...This sounds so wrong...EA. Dead Space and Mirror's Edge look really great, and Bad Company was a pretty damned good game with the best sound in a first-person shooter, IMO.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.