Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 13, 2014

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker a standalone puzzle game based on the Captain Toad levels in Super Mario 3D World. In search of shiny Power Stars and diamonds, the almost defenceless Toad must make his way through many dangerous environments.

Should I play 3D World to see if I’d like this?

WulfBane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

So... like many Wii U titles, I have a copy of 3D World but only played the 1st level before it got put into my pile of shame. Not that I didn’t like it, I simply got distracted most likely working on some non-game projects and it’s sitting there collecting dust.

I know that Capt. Toad was a spin off of special levels in 3D World. My main question is how far into 3D World do you have to get to see the Capt. Toad stuff? Not just “when is the first one” but when do you see some Capt. Toad challenges that have some real meat to them that you’d point to and say “this is why people enjoyed it and they spun it out into it’s own series”?

berniesbc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I think you should just play 3D World as it is a much, much better game.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SethMode

I think you should. For one, 3D World is an amazing game. For two, it's got enough Captain Toad in it to, as you said, tell you if you like the gimmick, and honestly, it's probably enough to keep you from buying the new game for a while. It's a fun little thing but there isn't much to it that you can't just get out of SM3DW.

FrodoBaggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Play 3d World. For whatever reasons you have to. Just play it, it's an amazing Mario game.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Play 3d world regardless, one of the best mario games ever.

WulfBane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Alright. I’ll hold off on picking this up for my Switch. Might be a bit before I get to 3D World since it sounds like I’d just want to play it all through and would want to clear some other games first.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Yes! Two birds with one stone, you get to return to an amazing game you lost track of and have that sampling of Captain Toad.

Moderp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Capt toad has a demo... but also, it's a $40 game and so you will honestly get more out of that mario game since it's liked by many and probably has more to offer. But shit it's your money

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.