Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Cargo! The Quest for Gravity

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Apr 21, 2011

After fickle robot gods steal gravity from the world, a young engineer has to harvest FUN from naked man-babies in order to save her species.

Fun and Broken

Silverbrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Silverbrand

This game is a lot of fun. You really do feel like how Brad acted when he played it. It's nonsensical and strange and amusing and on some sort of primal level just...fun.

That said, it is pretty broken. At one point you take the submarine under the ice to do some things and I got stuck on a corner in a pipe. I hit the transition to a new area then and ended up stuck outside the world. I could move around fine but the buddies hanging on to my submarine let go since it didn't really register me in the sub and they started drowning. With a lot of struggle I made it back through the transition and ended up in the space between the inner and outer walls of the pipe....buddies still drowning. My last save before that happened was about an hour....I don't really see me going back to it after that little setback.

THAT said, it still is a lot of fun. I found myself racing around with the buddies hanging on just to watch the fun climb higher and the buddies explode into flower-effect fun-gasms.

daavpuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By daavpuke

I had that happen multiple times, but I never thought of quitting the game. It's too much fun for that.

Jais

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Jais

I can't even play the damn game. I bought the retail version, but I cannot find a serial key anywhere, so installing it is impossible.

geemahd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By geemahd

im in the volcano NOW and i got the buddies nd started the music but whenever i pick up an object the game freezes wat shud i do

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By ReyGitano

Considering the scope of this game and the small amount of people who worked on it, I'd be surprised if the game wasn't broken in a lot of ways.

geemahd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By geemahd

so wat now i just throw the game away i cnt pass the damn level and bring spring :D

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By BonOrbitz

Is the game really that fun? I watched the Quick Look and was intrigued by it though whether or not I pick it up depends on if I can get it digitally,what price, and what libations I have on hand...

bulletstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By bulletstorm

People keep talking about like, building crazy shit Nuts n' Bolts style: but why not play Nuts n' Bolts? Its 20 bucks on XBLA (right? am I right?). I mean, I'm very on the fence about it. I feel like, if there's ever going to be a time to get this game... its during this.... almost Giantbomb Community Zeitgeist Bubble, which, once popped will make the 20 bucks kinda... wasted. 

And, I have to ask the same question... is it really that fun? I can imagine, racking up the FUN to be, addicting... but only because the game tells you so, and because it puts a value on FUN, it gives you, what it seems, to be very boring things to do to build up this fun. Like, in the quicklook - driving looked boring. Very boring. And if that's the main method for getting FUN and making more vehicles to get more FUN - than Cargo really seems like a broken endless loop of fun that I should probably avoid.

But, it really seems like... there's a handful of you out there really enjoying it... I just wish you could word you're enjoyment in a way that puts me over this fence. 
    Simplexity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Simplexity

I bought it for no other reason than to support the poor russians who need all the money they can get to keep their LSD addiction afloat.

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By FesteringNeon

This game is awesome. ..I was just doing the story and got frustrated and bored a bit on the submarine part, because I didn't know how many buddies I had to rescue, some were stuck swimming, and I was frantically trying to figure out what to do.. until I figured it out and had enough supposedly. Once Spring hit, I started with building more... and got addicted.  Made a sick car-boat-plane.. and I think Vinny, Brad, and Will would be proud. I managed to save it with most of the mods I'd done to it before it froze up the game.. : /  It should only take a few min's to add the alterations since the last save though..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.