Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 05, 2010

In this reboot of the beloved Castlevania franchise, Gabriel Belmont goes on a quest to defeat the sinister Lords of Shadow, who are preventing the souls of the departed from passing on to the afterlife, in order to obtain from them a magical mask that will bring his murdered wife Marie back from the dead.

DLC: Too Little or Too Late?

vietthreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Edited By vietthreat

I just finished watching the new reveal trailer for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow's DLC called Reverie and as interesting as it does sound, i think it is too late to reinvigorate my interest in that game. The DLC comes almost 5 months after the games initial release and in my opinion that is too long of a wait especially for a game that had no multiplayer.  In some cases though the faster the DLC arrived the quality took a huge dip, the perfect example being Fallout:New Vega's Dead Money DLC.  

I think that if you are going to release DLC for your game a long ways away from when you released it, you should make sure that people will be playing that game until you plan on releasing your DLC. Multiplayer games like Call of Duty: Black Ops or Battlefield: Bad Company 2 are good examples of keeping the player engrossed in the game long enough that when you release your DLC, the player isn't completely exhausted of it but is looking for something new. 

I don't know how DLC is decided during game development so it may not be the developers choice to release it when they do but it becomes a wasted effort if no one is interested in your DLC. Tell me what you guys think, am i wrong in my thoughts? am i right? or do you have a different perspective on this matter?

vietthreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By vietthreat

I just finished watching the new reveal trailer for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow's DLC called Reverie and as interesting as it does sound, i think it is too late to reinvigorate my interest in that game. The DLC comes almost 5 months after the games initial release and in my opinion that is too long of a wait especially for a game that had no multiplayer.  In some cases though the faster the DLC arrived the quality took a huge dip, the perfect example being Fallout:New Vega's Dead Money DLC.  

I think that if you are going to release DLC for your game a long ways away from when you released it, you should make sure that people will be playing that game until you plan on releasing your DLC. Multiplayer games like Call of Duty: Black Ops or Battlefield: Bad Company 2 are good examples of keeping the player engrossed in the game long enough that when you release your DLC, the player isn't completely exhausted of it but is looking for something new. 

I don't know how DLC is decided during game development so it may not be the developers choice to release it when they do but it becomes a wasted effort if no one is interested in your DLC. Tell me what you guys think, am i wrong in my thoughts? am i right? or do you have a different perspective on this matter?

ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ImpendingFoil

This DLC probably would have been a day one purchase for me 2-3 months ago.  I am still really interested in it but I will probably just wait for the random week it is on sale.  I bought Castlevania day one and completed every trophy.  I followed for a good amount of time any news on the DLC that was hinted at when the game launched but by the time February (the initial DLC release window) rolled around and we got to March I really lost interest.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.