Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 05, 2010

In this reboot of the beloved Castlevania franchise, Gabriel Belmont goes on a quest to defeat the sinister Lords of Shadow, who are preventing the souls of the departed from passing on to the afterlife, in order to obtain from them a magical mask that will bring his murdered wife Marie back from the dead.

Framerate issues?

master_prophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By master_prophet

Has anyone experienced any framerate issues?  I've read several reviewers tweets that have stated the game is almost unplayable for them.  This confuses me, as I've played a good fifteen to sixteen hours of the game and have yet to run into a single framerate issue.  In fact, I'd go as far as to say that it's the best game I've played this year.  

I am playing the Xbox 360 version of the game, so unless it's  something that's connected to the PS3 version only, I'm just flat out confused.

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Raymayne

I haven't got it yet but played the demo on both systems and didn't encounter any framerate problems whatsoever, I've seen it mentioned in a couple of reviews though too...dunno :S Good to hear you've had no issues though, hopefully I won't get any either when I eventually get it

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By BigBoss1911

Iv seen alot of people complain about framerate issues, im on ps3 and Im not having any problems. 

NickLott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By NickLott

I saw a developer say that there were definitely some framerate problems with the 360 version of the game that was sent out to reviewers but the final retail version is tightened up so it could be just the review builds.

master_prophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By master_prophet
    @nicklott:  Makes sense.  I was just baffled at one guy's tweet that said both versions he played were lousy because of framerate issues so he returned his unopened copy. 
    Rhaknar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Rhaknar
    @Master_Prophet said:
    " @nicklott:  Makes sense.  I was just baffled at one guy's tweet that said both versions he played were lousy because of framerate issues so he returned his unopened copy.  "
    would this "guy"be Jared of street fighter and bombcast fame?
    OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By OllyOxenFree
    @Rhaknar said:
    " @Master_Prophet said:
    " @nicklott:  Makes sense.  I was just baffled at one guy's tweet that said both versions he played were lousy because of framerate issues so he returned his unopened copy.  "
    would this "guy"be Jared of street fighter and bombcast fame? "
    Sucka ain't doing it right.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By JJWeatherman

I thought the demo was lacking frames. Nothing that made it unplayable, and maybe it was just my imagination, but it just seemed a tiny bit slow. 

I demand 60 fps! Always! Grr!

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By xyzygy

I noticed a bit of slowdown in 1 or 2 parts of the demo, it's nothing to get your panties in a bunch about.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @Master_Prophet said:
    He complained about a game and returned it but was never opened?
    RavenX302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By RavenX302

It definitely does not feel 100% solid to me. I am running it installed on my hard drive on the 360 and find the game drops here and there quite a bit. It doesn't really bother me too much, but it is not running as smooth as a game like God of War.

delusionaltool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By delusionaltool

360 version is a port of the ps3 version as the ps3 was the system it designed for.... ps3 version has 0 issue with frame rate or slow down, the xbox 360 review copies did have alot of issues as the reviews states slow down issues maybe they did not fix that with the final copy, they will prob patch it up to fix it....

master_prophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By master_prophet
    @Rhaknar:  That would be correct sir.
    bearshamanbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By bearshamanbro

I don't have the game yet, but from what I understand the problem isn't framerate drops but just an overall low fixed framerate in general (24 fps i think). If you haven't noticed it, you're probably just not sensitive to it.

destruktive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By destruktive
    @bearshamanbro said:
    " I don't have the game yet, but from what I understand the problem isn't framerate drops but just an overall low fixed framerate in general (24 fps i think). If you haven't noticed it, you're probably just not sensitive to it. "
    This is exactly it.
    Some people can't really tell when the framerate is low but for those who can see it, it can be really annoying.

I really like the game but the framerate is bugging me. I don't really demand 60fps but 30 would be nice
    master_prophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By master_prophet

I have to say that I finally encountered the framerate issues in the second to last level of this game.  Whilst it didn't put me off on playing the game, or render anything unplayable, it was rather shocking to see the amount of slowdown that shows up.  Still, not something that should put anyone off on playing this game.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

I am usually a stickler for framerate issues in games, but this one doesn't seem to bother me so much. It doesn't get to unbearable levels, and the gameplay is so much fun that you tend to forgive it for little framerate drops here and there. Plus, this is one gorgeous game, so I'm sure it's pushing my 360 pretty hard. 

Also, giant killing straight from Shadow of the Colossus, is an automatic win for me.

Horry43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Horry43

Over on Neogaf there is a huge thread regarding people complaining how it is unplayable because of the 24 FPS. It's laughable. 

xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By xshinobi

This game feels like it is running at 15fps.

rjaylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By rjaylee

On the 360 version I'm playing it on, there are times when it will drag when there are a lot of environmental effects happening on the screen at once, but I wouldn't call it unplayable by any means. Or at the least I never experienced anything unplayable or severely crippling to the point that I'd call it gamebreaking enough to care.

Xs1nX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Xs1nX

Ive only had one big frame rate issue so far and that's in the intro cut scene to Hunters Path.  Just before the blue horse shows up, but after Gabriel gets up from his seat by the fire the whole game seems to crap itself for a second or two as it stutters very very badly indeed. Anyone else had this happen ?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By JJOR64

There is supposed to be a patch out in the near future to fix it.  Yeah, it does have some frame rate issues, but that didn't ruin the game for me.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BBQBram

Remember the giant staircase filled with dudes near the end of Ninja Gaiden 2? It's not that bad is it?

Xs1nX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Xs1nX
    @Xs1nX said:
    " Ive only had one big frame rate issue so far and that's in the intro cut scene to Hunters Path.  Just before the blue horse shows up, but after Gabriel gets up from his seat by the fire the whole game seems to crap itself for a second or two as it stutters very very badly indeed. Anyone else had this happen ? "
    Done some more testing on this. Issue doesn't happen when running from disk but does happen with HD install. My 360 is a Pro HDMI model and was serviced by MS about 6 months ago for disk reading issues, has since been perfect.  Anyone have any comments/feedback on this ?  as ill be going back to retailer I think  but could do with some input ..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.