Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 05, 2010

In this reboot of the beloved Castlevania franchise, Gabriel Belmont goes on a quest to defeat the sinister Lords of Shadow, who are preventing the souls of the departed from passing on to the afterlife, in order to obtain from them a magical mask that will bring his murdered wife Marie back from the dead.

Good starting point?

Morris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Morris

I have never played any Castlevania game.... ever. But from what ive seen from this game i'm thinking about picking it up, and was wondering if you guys thought a new person to the series could enjoy the game. Or should i delve into the back catalog? 

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By luce

Its not much of a Castlevania game in terms of gameplay and some are saying that the story isn't even canon.

Just play it

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Diamond
    @Morris:  Pick up this, then play Castlevania 1 or 3 on NES and Super Castlevania 4 on SNES for a taste of the old style action Castlevania and get Symphony of the Night (every system that's getting Lords of Shadow has SotN up for download).
    Avatar image for bobby_the_great
    Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

It's a reboot, so you should be good to just start from here. But, you can't go wrong with getting Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on XBLA or PSN.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By ryanwho

Its not a good starting point if you want an impression on whether you'd like the other Castlevanias cus its nothing like any of them.  Well, some of the NES games have esoteric downright obtuse puzzles, and this game has that too apparently. But I wouldn't brag about having that in common.

Morris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Morris

Thanks for the heads up guys. I know my friend is getting it, so ill play it after he's done. In the mean time im definitely gonna get symphony of the night.

NemesisTheory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By NemesisTheory

Symphony of the Night is one of the best post NES/classic Castlevanias. I still prefer the old ones due to the insane difficulty (read: challenge) they offer and the crazy good 8bit music.

If you have the means, go play the first one for kicks. It's still really awesome to this day. If not, you can't go wrong with Symphony of the Night (or any of the DS Castlevanias, they're pretty similar in how they play) or Super Castlevania IV for the SNES.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.