Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Oct 05, 2010

In this reboot of the beloved Castlevania franchise, Gabriel Belmont goes on a quest to defeat the sinister Lords of Shadow, who are preventing the souls of the departed from passing on to the afterlife, in order to obtain from them a magical mask that will bring his murdered wife Marie back from the dead.

Will quiting a level instead of completing it reset any gems you?

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Enigma777

I'm missing 3 gems, all of which are in the beginning of levels, but I don't want to replay the entire levels again. Can I just play till I get to the part with the gem then quit out? Will that reset the gem that I found?

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

I'm kinda curious myself.  I need to got back and get the gems I missed on my first play through.  If you can get the gem and quit and still have it, that would be great.  If not, just play the game on the easiest difficulty to make it a little easier.

HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By HS21

You have to finish. You can get through those first levels in ten minutes or less. 

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Enigma777

I just confirmed that you can quit midway and as long as you complete at least one level afterwards, any gems you collected will be saved. If you don't complete a level though, you will lose them. One shadow gem left!

OneAndOnlyBigE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By OneAndOnlyBigE
    @Enigma777 said:
    " I just confirmed that you can quit midway and as long as you complete at least one level afterwards, any gems you collected will be saved. If you don't complete a level though, you will lose them. One shadow gem left! "
    Can you elaborate please?
    Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Enigma777
    @OneAndOnlyBigE said:
    " @Enigma777 said:
    " I just confirmed that you can quit midway and as long as you complete at least one level afterwards, any gems you collected will be saved. If you don't complete a level though, you will lose them. One shadow gem left! "
    Can you elaborate please? "
    Once you obtain the gem (life, light, dark) or upgrade, press start and go to the world map then pick another stage. You can continue doing this as long as you want to find as many upgrades as you want, but before you turn of your Ps3/360 you need to finish at least one level (like the first one - it takes less than 5 mins) in order to save all the gems you have collected.

In a nutshell, you can just exit a level when you find a gem you missed the first time and not have to go through the whole thing. It saves you time, especially in the later ones that can take upward of 45 mins to complete.

One thing to note is that it doesn't work for restocking items so you can't play through a level till you say get a full dark crystal and quit before finishing it because it will be lost the second you enter the World Map.
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By GunstarRed

It saves the gems as long as you hit a save point within the level. I went through the crow witch level and got the gems i was missing and quit out after it saves before the boss and I kept the gems I was hunting for.
    OneAndOnlyBigE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By OneAndOnlyBigE
    @Enigma777:@marioncobretti: 
    Thank you both, this will prove to be a huge time saver.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.