Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Castlevania

Franchise »

The Castlevania franchises chronicles the ongoing fight against Count Dracula by the Belmont family and their allies. To this day, Dracula continues to pose a threat to the world.

Castlevania Collection Wii (Rumour)

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

No Caption Provided
    According to an anonymous source, Konami is looking to capitalize on the Hideo Kojima's Castlevania project Lord's of Shadow, by releasing a collection of classic Castlevania games on Nintendo's Wii.

The source states a collection of classic Castlevania games are being readied for both Wii and PSP, with the NES and SNES games being included, as well as the PSone game Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.  According to the source, the handheld and N64 games will not feature as part of both collections. 

http://wii.nintendolife.com/news/2010/01/konami_readying_castlevania_collection_for_wii
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By MikkaQ

Okay all those on one disk, or UMD or whatever would be plain awesome. I mean I could glue shut the drive door on the PSP at that point, I'd need nothing else for the system (also would make it more like a PSPGo, and therefore increase it's value... somehow).  

Hopefully it'll be every game up to when they went all 3D with it, including japanese exclusives. Also have an option to order them chronologically because I'd love to clear up some missing holes I have in the plot. 

Wii version... I couldn't really care. I mean... I'll probably get that one anyway because I can play it on a big TV, and I never take the PSP outta the house, but... still they seem more perfectly suited for handhelds. Well they don't seem, I know. The castlevania handhelds are among my faves. That's where the series belongs. 

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By Icemael

If this is true, I'll buy it. Hell, I might even buy both versions. I already have both the XBLA and Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles versions of Symphony of the Night, but dude, that's a game you just can't own -- or play, for that matter -- too many times.

The NES and SNES Castlevanias aren't bad either.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Al3xand3r

Bought CVIII on VC already but I'd totally go for it if the price is good. They should put Rebirth in it though...

SotN has to be the Saturn version in terms of extra content (prison, garden, items, Maria, etc) but with all the effects in the PSOne version (fog, etc).

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Icemael:  

I forgot to mention that Castlevania: Rondo of Blood is due out on Virtual Console in pal territories very soon now. It's been rated and is ready to roll.  
    Jasonofindy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jasonofindy

It is great that they are releasing this.  However, I was really hoping that the success of Shadow Complex on Xbox LIve would show them that the time is right for new full scale 2D Castlevania games on Live, PSN, and or WiiWare.  I loved the GBA games because I could play them on a TV using the Gamecube gameboy player.  It is a damn shame that the dual screen nature of the DS makes such a device linking DS games and the Wii unlikely.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Icemael
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " @Icemael: I forgot to mention that Castlevania: Rondo of Blood is due out on Virtual Console in pal territories very soon now. It's been rated and is ready to roll.   "
    Nice, I might pick that up. It's my favorite pre-SotN Castlevania.
    rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By rallier
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " Bought CVIII on VC already but I'd totally go for it if the price is good. They should put Rebirth in it though...SotN has to be the Saturn version in terms of extra content (prison, garden, items, Maria, etc) but with all the effects in the PSOne version (fog, etc). "
    If they play it smart a simply download code to pimp wiiware and perhaps Nintendo will throw them a bone. 

Anyway if true this would be pretty awesome. Shame about the handheld games, the DS ones would be a bit hard to port but the GBA ones should be a given.
    eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By eirikr

Could be a good thing, depending on who's doing the porting or how the porting ends up. It would be nice if it included Bloodlines too.

And please let it be Symphony with the original voice acting.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Icemael
    @Eirikr said:
    "And please let it be Symphony with the original voice acting. "
    Yes. Yes. At the very least make it an option.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Godwind

I find this to be really sketchy and hard to believe personally, especially since they have already been release on the VC, which is probably more profitable per a game.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Linkyshinks

It makes sense to catch the crest of the wave and release these as part of a collection on one disc. I think It's something many Castlevania fans will want when Lord's of Shadow hits. 

I still don't know which version of Rondo they're releasing, I would much prefer the PC Engine version above the SNES game. 

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MikkaQ

Also there's something to be said about having EVERY good (non handheld) Castlevania game on ONE DISC. 

Dude, just think of the awesome.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By Mushir

If this comes out for the PSP then I'm buying it day one. Nothing like Castlevania 4 and SOTN on the go!

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Godwind
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " It makes sense to catch the crest of the wave and release these as part of a collection on one disc. I think It's something many Castlevania fans will want when Lord's of Shadow hits.  I still don't know which version of Rondo they're releasing, I would much prefer the PC Engine version above the SNES game.  "
    They would be stupid if they didn't release the PC Engine version.
    eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By eirikr

It would be interesting if they released the SNES version of Rondo as part of it too, as that game goes for an amount exorbitantly disproportionate to its quality.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By PureRok

Too bad I don't like a single Castlevania prior to Symphony of the Night.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By demontium

Anonymous sources are... iffy.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By JJOR64

I wish this would come to DS.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By demontium
    @JJOR64: But we already have 3 great DS castlevania games at least.
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By JJOR64
    @demontium: I want more on my DS dammit!  The more the better.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By demontium
    @JJOR64: Could expand graphically on Wii.
    Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By Deusoma
    @Jasonofindy said:
    " It is great that they are releasing this.  However, I was really hoping that the success of Shadow Complex on Xbox LIve would show them that the time is right for new full scale 2D Castlevania games on Live, PSN, and or WiiWare.  I loved the GBA games because I could play them on a TV using the Gamecube gameboy player.  It is a damn shame that the dual screen nature of the DS makes such a device linking DS games and the Wii unlikely. "
    Not to mention the whole touchscreen thing. :P
    Avatar image for popeanonymousvii
    PopeAnonymousVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PopeAnonymousVII

Take advantage of the hype for Lords of Shadow on the 360/PS3 by releasing a collection of Castlevania games on the one system not getting the game?  Wouldn't it make more sense to also have this on the actual systems Lords of Shadow is releasing on?  Regardless, it sounds good.  I'll pick it up one day, as I'll have a Wii when my tax refund comes in, the GiantBomb looks at Silent Hill Shattered memories sold me on it.  I was going to get some CV games from the Virtual Console as well, but I guess I can pass on that now.

Jasonofindy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jasonofindy
    @Deusoma said:

" @Jasonofindy said:

" It is great that they are releasing this.  However, I was really hoping that the success of Shadow Complex on Xbox LIve would show them that the time is right for new full scale 2D Castlevania games on Live, PSN, and or WiiWare.  I loved the GBA games because I could play them on a TV using the Gamecube gameboy player.  It is a damn shame that the dual screen nature of the DS makes such a device linking DS games and the Wii unlikely. "
    Not to mention the whole touchscreen thing. :P "
     The stylus and touchscreen can be simulated fairly well by using the Wiimote pointer to move an overlayed cursor while holding a button to tap or write on the screen.   However, the dual screen would be pretty rough to emulate without wasting most of your TV screen space (especially if you are on a 16 x 9 TV).  They could set it up with various display modes and let you select the best mode for your current game.  The display modes could be side by side on your screen, one screen at a time with a button toggle, or vertically stacked but small.  Unfortunately, most DS games would be very awkward with many of these modes.  However, games like Castlevania or the many ported square RPGs would work fine in either the side by side or single screen toggle mode since the top screen is usually just inventory or map info.

Unfortunately, it is likely not worth NIntendo's time or money as the market for such a device would probably be small.  I'm pretty sure that even the Gamecube Gameboy player had to be clearanced out at most places, and it didn't have near as many awkward hurdles or require as many technical compromises.  In any case, it was all just wishful thinking on my part as there is a substantial DS library I would play if I could use a full size controller and my TV.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.