Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Castlevania

Franchise »

The Castlevania franchises chronicles the ongoing fight against Count Dracula by the Belmont family and their allies. To this day, Dracula continues to pose a threat to the world.

What Castlevania game are you playing right now?

AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AngeTheDude

I just beat Harmony of Dissonance and I'm about to start on Symphony of the Night when I've taken a decent break from Castlevania games. Which ones are you guys playing now? Have you just beaten any? Any advice for a first time SotN player?

bubahula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By bubahula

never played one... dont hurt me
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By Icemael
    @Bubahula: Here's my advice: Explore. The other metroidvania games are pretty much linear experiences, though they have some minor exploration. In Symphony of the Night, however, you'll often have several paths to choose from, all of which lead you to stuff that'll help you get closer to the ending. The game doesn't guide you nearly as much as the other ones.

By the way, I'm currently playing through Symphony of the Night for the third time.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By AgentJ
    @Bubahula said:
    " never played one... dont hurt me "
    You should fix that. I can't imagine that you don't own a console that has Castlevania on it (seeing as how essentially all of them do)
    Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Seedofpower

I just finished the 3rd. About to play the first once i find a rom.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AgentJ
    @Seedofpower said:
    " rom. "
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By JJWeatherman

I'm playing Order of Ecclesia. It seems pretty long as I have been playing it off and on for quite a while. Maybe I'll finish it one of these days.   :P

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#8  Edited By Hailinel
    @Seedofpower said:
    " I just finished the 3rd. About to play the first once i find a rom. "
    You disappoint me.
    buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By buzz_clik

Just started Dawn of Sorrow a couple of nights ago. I've never played a DS Castlevania before -- obviously playing Circle of the Moon in the GBA slot doesn't count -- so I'm quite excited about getting taters deep into a new adventure.

@Icemael said:

" @Bubahula: Here's my advice: Explore. The other metroidvania games are pretty much linear experiences, though they have some minor exploration. In Symphony of the Night, however, you'll often have several paths to choose from, all of which lead you to stuff that'll help you get closer to the ending. The game doesn't guide you nearly as much as the other ones. By the way, I'm currently playing through Symphony of the Night for the third time. "
    True dat, exploration is key. I actually finished SotN the first time by rushing through, although I still really enjoyed it enough to play it again. My return play saw me taking the time to try and delve into every corner of the map. Needless to say, the rewards gained from acquiring certain pieces of equipment and knowledge led to one of my favourite moments in gaming. ;)

I think I've played it through 4 times, and even now all this talk makes me a bit twitchy.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AgentJ
    @buzz_clik said:
    " Just started Dawn of Sorrow a couple of nights ago. I've never played a DS Castlevania before -- obviously playing Circle of the Moon in the GBA slot doesn't count -- so I'm quite excited about getting taters deep into a new adventure.

@Icemael said:
    " @Bubahula: Here's my advice: Explore. The other metroidvania games are pretty much linear experiences, though they have some minor exploration. In Symphony of the Night, however, you'll often have several paths to choose from, all of which lead you to stuff that'll help you get closer to the ending. The game doesn't guide you nearly as much as the other ones. By the way, I'm currently playing through Symphony of the Night for the third time. "
    True dat, exploration is key. I actually finished SotN the first time by rushing through, although I still really enjoyed it enough to play it again. My return play saw me taking the time to try and delve into every corner of the map. Needless to say, the rewards gained from acquiring certain pieces of equipment and knowledge led to one of my favourite moments in gaming. ;)  I think I've played it through 4 times, and even now all this talk makes me a bit twitchy. "
    Please do try Order of Ecclesia. It's my favorite of the bunch
    animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By animateria

Ecclesia definitely brought back the difficulty in Castlevania.

I'm in the process of beating it, though I did get distracted from some recently released games.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By buzz_clik
    @AgentJ said:
    " Please do try Order of Ecclesia. It's my favorite of the bunch "
    Heh, I'm sure I'll get around to it at some point. I'll let you know when I do, eh?
    Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Seedofpower
    @Hailinel said:
    " @Seedofpower said:
    You disappoint me. "
    @Hailinel said:
    " @Seedofpower said:
    You disappoint me. "
    Both of you can get off your high horses, I own those games, i just don't own a working console anymore. The pass 5 I bought all broke.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#14  Edited By Hailinel
    @Seedofpower: You quoted me twice, and I'm not sure why.

Are you aware that all of the NES Castlevanias are available on the Wii VC?
    Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Seedofpower
    @Hailinel: oops lol, i was trying to quote agentJ also. Anyways, yes i did but I don't want to buy a wii to play my classic nes games from my childhood. I got the old Nes consoles dirt cheap.
    AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By AngeTheDude

I just beat Symphony of the Night and got all the XBLA achievements. What a draining experience! Getting the 200.6% map achievement was exhausting. I didn't enjoy the inverted castle as much as the first part of the game, but I still love this game. I'm glad I played it. I'm now starting on Aria of Sorrow.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.