Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Catherine

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Feb 17, 2011

The first game developed by Atlus for the PS3/Xbox 360. Made by the Persona Team, The game is an "adult oriented" action-adventure/horror game with puzzle platforming stages.

Catherine demo impressions

• 79 results
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#51  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @SmashedControllers said:
    " @JJWeatherman: Katherine's Vincent's Girlfriend and Catherine's My Avatar, Which is dumb cause I prefer Kat. I tried to collect everything so maybe that's it. "
    I know who they are, but are you asking which is better? Or something? Still Catherine!  :)
    tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 52

#52  Edited By tearhead

I usually crack under pressure when it comes to solving a puzzle under stress, which is probably why I failed the second puzzle like four times... The solution isn't hard whatsoever, I just start to do stupid things with the blocks when I see that damned fork coming for me.  

Glad I got to experience some of the gameplay even though I didn't understand 90% of the demo. If this game does come to the U.S. all I need are a few favourable reviews from people I trust, and I'm in! 

EDIT: If you press square, you create blocks! Wish someone would have told me that in a language I can understand...

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By Animasta
    @Tearhead said:
    " I usually crack under pressure when it comes to solving a puzzle under stress, which is probably why I failed the second puzzle like four times... The solution isn't hard whatsoever, I just start to do stupid things with the blocks when I see that damned fork coming for me.   Glad I got to experience some of the gameplay even though I didn't understand 90% of the demo. If this game does come to the U.S. all I need are a few favourable reviews from people I trust, and I'm in!  EDIT: If you press square, you create blocks! Wish someone would have told me that in a language I can understand... "
    it's a powerup, actually.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @Laketown said:
    " @Tearhead said:
    " I usually crack under pressure when it comes to solving a puzzle under stress, which is probably why I failed the second puzzle like four times... The solution isn't hard whatsoever, I just start to do stupid things with the blocks when I see that damned fork coming for me.   Glad I got to experience some of the gameplay even though I didn't understand 90% of the demo. If this game does come to the U.S. all I need are a few favourable reviews from people I trust, and I'm in!  EDIT: If you press square, you create blocks! Wish someone would have told me that in a language I can understand... "
    it's a powerup, actually. "
    Yep. When you pick up the little block icon, a prompt appears on screen with the X button next to it. I didn't notice that my first time through.
    wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Ooh sweet. Totally going to download this puppy now! 

Edit: Aww shucks well it says it's for Gold members only and I set up my Japanese account a while ago. Guess I'll see if I have any 48 hour passes laying around. Other wise: 

@Vito_Raliffe said:

" From Jeff's Twitter: 

Heading to bed. Catherine Quick Look in the morning.    

So that will be good for those who aren't downloading it. "
    Only good things will come of this.
    Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

From Jeff's Twitter: 

So that will be good for those who aren't downloading it.
    Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By Mcfart
    @Vito_Raliffe said:
    " From Jeff's Twitter: 

So that will be good for those who aren't downloading it. "
    Woohoo! It's exclusive to Gold for XBLA Japan, so I can't get it yet. Will be fun for sure (if any of them know Japanease, that would be good o.O)
    Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

@Mcfart: They don't. =D
    Ley_Lines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By Ley_Lines

Quick question, just made a Japanese 360 account, it said on the dashboard that there is a free gold weekend tomorrow, do you think that will let me download it then, if not do you think I can use a US 48 hour code?

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#60  Edited By WickedCestus
    @Rey_Leone: I thought that when you made a new account you get a free one-month Gold trial. If for some reason you didn't get that (you should have) then I think the Gold weekend would probably work.
    Ley_Lines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Ley_Lines
    @supermike6: Thanks, yeah I didn't get any sort of gold trial yet or perhaps I didn't type all of the information I needed to get it. However, I can wait a day, It will give me a chance to watch the quicklook before I try it myself.
    dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#62  Edited By dtat
    @JJWeatherman: Yeah I have to imagine they're gonna release it here. It's just that not having the announcement makes me a little nervous :/  Just admit you're making it already!!
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @supermike6 said:
    " @Rey_Leone: I thought that when you made a new account you get a free one-month Gold trial. If for some reason you didn't get that (you should have) then I think the Gold weekend would probably work. "
    You don't get a free month gold if you've already created 2-3 other different profiles on that 360 system.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " @supermike6 said:
    " @Rey_Leone: I thought that when you made a new account you get a free one-month Gold trial. If for some reason you didn't get that (you should have) then I think the Gold weekend would probably work. "
    You don't get a free month gold if you've already created 2-3 other different profiles on that 360 system. "
    Ah, I didn't know that was the case. Well, it seems easier to grab on the PS3, so hopefully people can get their hands on it there.
    HereAllDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By HereAllDay

Most mental thing I've ever played, could get boring but I'd still play it.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By SomeJerk

Yo, where's a nice legal place to put catherine-youhaveamail.mp3 for those who want a sweet text message tone?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @somejerk said:

" Yo, where's a nice legal place to put catherine-youhaveamail.mp3 for those who want a sweet text message tone? "

Why, did you make an mp3? 

Post it here! (Upload it to Dropbox or something)
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By mutha3
    @somejerk said:
    " Yo, where's a nice legal place to put catherine-youhaveamail.mp3 for those who want a sweet text message tone? "
    What do you mean with legal?

Use sendspace or something.
    AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By AlexW00d
    @somejerk said:

You ripped it from a game, i'm pretty sure you've already broken at least one law...  

E: Although do post it, cos even though I thought the game looked pretty pants, that bit was funny as fuck.
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#70  Edited By ProfessorEss

It's definitely gorgeous, and definitely high quality in regards to production, but I don't know. I have a feeling this game is going to get praised more because of the names on the front of the package, than the actual game within it.

I think I've said this about Catherine before but I'll say it again, it looks so interesting that I'd be very happy to be wrong about this.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By mutha3
    @ProfessorEss said:
    " It's definitely gorgeous, and definitely high quality in regards to production, but I don't know. I have a feeling this game is going to get praised more because of the names on the front of the package, than the actual game within it. 
    Really? 

We're still talking about Atlus here right?
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#72  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @mutha3 said:

Really?   We're still talking about Atlus here right? "

I'm not sure if you're referring to "name on the front of the box" or "game within it".

But I guess by the very nature of your statement I will say "yes".
    Yes, I'm worried that the "ATLUS" on the front of the box has already garnered a lot of sight-unseen  perfect 10's.
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#73  Edited By Azteck

There is no way Catherine isn't being released in the US/EU after the success of Persona 4. They'd have to be crazy.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By mutha3
    @ProfessorEss said:
    " @mutha3 said:

Really?   We're still talking about Atlus here right? "

I'm not sure if you're referring to "name on the front of the box" or "game within it".  But I guess by the very nature of your statement I will say "yes". Yes, I'm worried that the "ATLUS" on the front of the box has already garnered a lot of sight-unseen  perfect 10's. "
    That's silly of you to say, then.

Atlus' best selling game in its entire history is a 1/10th of what the usual blockbuster does these days.

I'd be much more worried about games like Dead Space 2, Mass Effect 3 and Uncharted 3.
    SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By SomeJerk
    @JJWeatherman said:

" @somejerk said:

Post it here! (Upload it to Dropbox or something) "
    I've been a sucker for mp3 ring/text tones ever since the N-Gage (mm mm mmmmm) and here we go: 
    http://www.filedropper.com/catherine-youvegotamail 

No way to cut the background music out, it's a straight few seconds from the audio of playing the  game, works well with my Samsung Galaxy S's speaker.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @somejerk said:
    " @JJWeatherman said:

" @somejerk said:

Post it here! (Upload it to Dropbox or something) "
    I've been a sucker for mp3 ring/text tones ever since the N-Gage (mm mm mmmmm) and here we go: 
    http://www.filedropper.com/catherine-youvegotamail   No way to cut the background music out, it's a straight few seconds from the audio of playing the  game, works well with my Samsung Galaxy S's speaker. "
    Ha! That actually turned out really well. Totally using this.
    Lemoncookie01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#77  Edited By Lemoncookie01

Can someone rip that sweet  main menu music please?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Probably old news by now, but I must insist on how enthused I am that ATLUS actually incorporated the option to pause into any of the game's cutscenes. As far as I know, there are only a handful of games that actually have a dedicated sub-menu in order to pause a cutscene and you'd be surprised at how many games don't completely stop when you press the guide button. Good on them for being smart.

Cerogravian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#79  Edited By Cerogravian
    @FluxWaveZ: Definitely not news, but definitely worth celebrating! 

EDIT: Also, forgot the reason I was going to post here: @somejerk Thank you for that!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.