Catherine or Katherine?

#1 Posted by Hector (3547 posts) -

So who did/will you end up with?

#2 Posted by JJOR64 (19690 posts) -

Went the good guy route and went with Katherine.  Got the best ending with her as well.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
#3 Edited by LordXavierBritish (6651 posts) -
#4 Posted by Marokai (3593 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
Went the good guy route and went with Katherine.  Got the best ending with her as well.
Same here.
#5 Posted by Asurastrike (2305 posts) -

@JJOR64 said:

Went the good guy route and went with Katherine. Got the best ending with her as well.

How long is this game? Persona 3 FES/Persona 4 took me months to finish. Granted I would only play a couple hours a week.

#6 Posted by JJOR64 (19690 posts) -
@Asurastrike said:

@JJOR64 said:

Went the good guy route and went with Katherine. Got the best ending with her as well.

How long is this game? Persona 3 FES/Persona 4 took me months to finish. Granted I would only play a couple hours a week.

I didn't get to look at the game clock when I beat it, but it took me around 18 hours on Normal.  Probably could have beat it sooner if I didn't suck ass at the puzzle sequences.
#7 Posted by kerse (2453 posts) -

For this first run, (I'm liking it so far so I'll probably get all the endings) I'm just answering all the questions honestly and seeing how it ends up.

#8 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19835 posts) -
@kerse said:

For this first run, (I'm liking it so far so I'll probably get all the endings) I'm just answering all the questions honestly and seeing how it ends up.

Same here.
#9 Posted by LiquidPrince (16887 posts) -

Gonna go with Catherine.

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
#10 Posted by Lemmycaution217 (1802 posts) -

@Marokai said:

@JJOR64 said:
Same here.
#11 Posted by Bocam (4099 posts) -

True Freedom for me

#12 Posted by musclerider (819 posts) -

Made it to 6-3 going with Catherine and then let my friend try the game out who then proceeded to save over my file. So now I'm in the end game for Katherine.

#13 Posted by rmanthorp (4539 posts) -

@LordXavierBritish: Amazing!

#14 Posted by Jimbo (10472 posts) -

No idea about the game, but I always preferred Katherines with Ks.

#15 Posted by Hector (3547 posts) -

Just finished it. I chose Catherine.

#16 Posted by Flappy (2415 posts) -

K all day.

#17 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19835 posts) -

Ended up with Katherine.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
#18 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6805 posts) -
#19 Edited by Agent47 (1931 posts) -
@JJOR64: That's so stupid, I hate those bullshit "good" "evil" stuff.What's the point of being evil if you get the bullshit ending?I haven't beat it yet but everyone says the ending for evil sucks which is not going to get me to be good but it annoys me that it's another game that does the stupid good bad thing and does it badily.Like why would I want to play good?It's boring as hell.Why would I want to play evil?You get the most dissapointing ending.So niether one is good.Ugh when will developers learn!?
#20 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19835 posts) -
@Agent47: I think you're confused. There's no "evil" or "good" side in the morality system. Trish, the show's host, explains it all quite clearly once you beat the game, so perhaps you'll understand it better then. 

Also, there are 8 endings. So by "evil", I'm assuming you mean Catherine, but there are 3 endings that have to do with her. Not all of them end horribly and disappointing for Vincent. Just like not all of the "good" endings end well for Vincent.
#21 Posted by Djratchet (687 posts) -

Went for Catherine, got the True Cheaters ending, I was satisfied with it. Going back for the other endings now though.

#22 Posted by SixtyXCelph (286 posts) -

Ended up with Katherine, best ending, I'm pretty sure.  Although, frankly, I think both Katherine and Catherine kind o' suck.

#23 Posted by davidwitten22 (1712 posts) -

Katherine, normal lovers ending, was pretty ok with it.

#24 Posted by Yanngc33 (4551 posts) -

Always go with the blonde

#25 Posted by Cincaid (3051 posts) -

@Rufi91 said:

@LordXavierBritish: Amazing!

Nice shot!

#26 Edited by Hector (3547 posts) -

@Agent47 said:

@JJOR64: That's so stupid, I hate those bullshit "good" "evil" stuff.What's the point of being evil if you get the bullshit ending?I haven't beat it yet but everyone says the ending for evil sucks which is not going to get me to be good but it annoys me that it's another game that does the stupid good bad thing and does it badily.Like why would I want to play good?It's boring as hell.Why would I want to play evil?You get the most dissapointing ending.So niether one is good.Ugh when will developers learn!?

There isn't an evil/good side. It's chaos or order. Both have True endings in which Vincent reaches true happiness.

#27 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19835 posts) -
@Hector said: 

There isn't an evil/good side. It's Chaos or Order. Both have 'True Endings' in which Vincent reaches true happiness.

Specifically, it's "Freedom" and "Order".
#28 Posted by InfiniteGeass (2150 posts) -

I went with Katherine. The true ending with her is a very happy one.

#29 Posted by ThePickle (4395 posts) -

No one :(

I preferred Kathy though.

Avatar image for captain_felafel
#30 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1728 posts) -

Katherine y'all. Glasses, yo.

#31 Posted by SixtyXCelph (286 posts) -

Having completed each woman's true ending, I can now say that I definitely prefer Catherine's ending.  We'll see if I prefer the True Freedom ending, though.

#32 Posted by FateOfNever (1876 posts) -

Katherine with a K all the way.  My kind of girl.  Also went all the way True Lovers.  Part way through the final stages I had the realization I should have made a different save for the ending just to see how my answers there would have effected the ending I would have gotten, but, alas, was too late by the time I thought of it.  Just means it's time to play through the game again for another ending, and on a harder difficulty.

#33 Edited by Nux (2798 posts) -

I went down the good path and did everything so I can end up with Katherine. I really dont know where I went wrong because the ending was not what I wanted at all.

I got the true freedom ending where you choose to not get back togeather with Katherine and stay single.

Needless to say I hated the ending I got as I played my game to achieve the ending I wanted from tthe start and ended up getting a completely different one in the end.

#34 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6420 posts) -

K: true lovers.

#35 Posted by Cloudenvy (5893 posts) -

I ended up with the True Lovers ending on my first playthrough, so I chose Katherine I guess?

#36 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19835 posts) -
@Nux said:

I went down the good path and did everything so I can end up with Katherine. I really dont know where I went wrong because the ending was not what I wanted at all.

Needless to say I hated the ending I got as I played my game to achieve the ending I wanted from tthe start and ended up getting a completely different one in the end.

How is that possible? To get True Freedom, your meter needs to be in the middle between chaos and law. The way you put it seems as though your meter was all the way in law, but then you wouldn't be able to get True Freedom.
#37 Posted by niamahai (1409 posts) -

i want to flip em both over and hammer em like a bent nail.

#38 Edited by ThePhantomnaut (6420 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:

@Nux said:

How is that possible? To get True Freedom, your meter needs to be in the middle between chaos and law. The way you put it seems as though your meter was all the way in freedom, but then you wouldn't be able to get True Freedom.
Be hardline middle meter, answer no on both questions 2 and 3 in the final section, and pick option 1 on the fourth question.
#39 Posted by Cathryn (584 posts) -

I went for the Katherine ending, which I liked well enough. I've been watching other endings on Youtube today, though, since I don't feel like playing through the game at the moment, and I honestly think the True Cheater and the True Freedom endings are the most fun.

Avatar image for superwristbands
#40 Posted by SuperWristBands (2281 posts) -

I got the Katherine true ending. Pretty satisfied with it other than how Katherine so quickly believed (or forgave) Vincent. I mean, it was all supernatural shit and she just believes it? I would have preferred something like Vincent's dream where Katherine and Catherine meet. Some crazy shit happened but I feel like Katerine should have at least seen what Vincent was seeing in his nightmares for it to end with forgiveness.

#41 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19835 posts) -
@ThePhantomnaut said: 
Be hardline middle meter, answer no on both questions 2 and 3 in the final section, and pick option 1 on the fourth question.
I know how to get the True Freedom ending. What I was saying was that if Nux claims he got that ending, it means he actually didn't orient his decision towards the Katherine side because, if he did, it wouldn't be possible for him to get the True Freedom ending.
#42 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6420 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
@ThePhantomnaut said: 
I know how to get the True Freedom ending. What I was saying was that if Nux claims he got that ending, it means he actually didn't orient his decision towards the Katherine side because, if he did, it wouldn't be possible for him to get the True Freedom ending.
Ah I got ya.
#43 Posted by DonutFever (4038 posts) -
@Sasran said:

I got the Katherine true ending. Pretty satisfied with it other than how Katherine so quickly believed (or forgave) Vincent. I mean, it was all supernatural shit and she just believes it? I would have preferred something like Vincent's dream where Katherine and Catherine meet. Some crazy shit happened but I feel like Katerine should have at least seen what Vincent was seeing in his nightmares for it to end with forgiveness.

Well, Boss does show up, and he has some pretty solid proof. I mean the fucking demon eyes
Avatar image for superwristbands
#44 Posted by SuperWristBands (2281 posts) -

@DonutFever said:

@Sasran said:

Well, Boss does show up, and he has some pretty solid proof. I mean the fucking demon eyes.

I want to believe that but the skeptic in me wouldn't believe that shit for a moment if I were in that situation. I couldn't explain the demon eyes but it isn't enough to make me believe a succubus from another realm seduced my partner and then he went and saved all the wishy-washy young men of the world.

I suppose I just need to be able to suspend my disbelief in this case. It doesn't feel right to do that though.

#45 Posted by Lelcar (1136 posts) -

I got the True Lovers (Katherine) ending, and I'm happy I got it. But I watched the rest of the endings on youtube and I've got to say that the True Cheaters (Catherine) ending has to be by far the best and most ridiculous one.

#46 Edited by Nux (2798 posts) -

@ThePhantomnaut said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Nux said:

I got the true freedom ending where you choose to not get back togeather with Katherine and stay single.

How is that possible? To get True Freedom, your meter needs to be in the middle between chaos and law. The way you put it seems as though your meter was all the way in freedom, but then you wouldn't be able to get True Freedom.

I really don't know how I got that ending. Maybe I choose option 2 for question 4 and I know I choose yes for questions 2 and 3, but my meter was all the way on the law side. Like FluxWave said it's not possable to the that ending the way I played. I guess the questions at the end mean more then the meter.

#47 Posted by Redbullet685 (6456 posts) -

Ended up with no one. :( 
Tried getting Katherine, but got the bad lover ending.

#48 Posted by Jeust (11739 posts) -

Catherine in the True Cheater ending. Katherine was so annoying, always demanding, with almost no tenderness in her.

#49 Posted by MikeGosot (3237 posts) -

In my first playthrough, i was single, and i chose no one. Got the Good Freedom ending. Now i'm playing it again, 'cause i got a girlfriend now and i want to see if something changes.

#50 Posted by Neurotic (635 posts) -

@Jeust said:

Catherine in the True Cheater ending. Katherine was so annoying, always demanding, with almost no tenderness in her.

This. Cept I got the Good Catherine ending (after a couple of attempts).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.