Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Catherine

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Feb 17, 2011

The first game developed by Atlus for the PS3/Xbox 360. Made by the Persona Team, The game is an "adult oriented" action-adventure/horror game with puzzle platforming stages.

Hard or Normal?? NO SPOILERS PLEASE

Tonyyj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Tonyyj

Hey guys, so I've just picked up Catherine and I have to say, it's a blast! Only gotten to one bar section so far and I already can't wait to see what's next. 

However, I've come to a bit of a dilemma on what difficulty setting to pick. I started the game on hard from the get-go and while it is VERY tough and I'm only getting bronze (took about 30+ tries on first boss), normal seems to be a bit too easy for me. I'm blowing through the early stages of normal retrying maybe 2-3 times at most per level, although I'm also getting bronze for normal as well. 

What I'm wondering I guess is whether normal will get dramatically harder since I'm only on 3-3 at the moment (stuck on 3-2 for hard). This goes for hard mode as well, if it gets crazy hard I'm afraid it'll eventually break me and send me to weep in a corner.

Thanks for your input! 

Also, I gotta say.. the feeling accomplishment when I beat the first boss on hard after 30 tries was amazing..

Catolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By Catolf

Normal get's harder, it ramps up, I'd suggest going normal first and getting the hand of the mechanics then in the bar you can go back to hard via changing the difficulty when you have unlimited lives to goof around with.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Flappy

Like Catolf said above me, get used to the game on Normal difficulty.  You may not realize it, but after a while, the solutions to the puzzles come to you almost immediately and those bronze puzzles turn into gold.  Believe me, you may want to save Hard Mode for sometime down the road. 

Good luck, homeslice!  Enjoy the ride!

biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By biospank

if you are not interested in the gamplay you could also try the game on easy, because I have only played the japanese game on normal but its really hard. it can be really fustrating when you lose 30pillows in the last secttion in the game on one level.

metalsnakezero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#5  Edited By metalsnakezero

To make it easy for you get all endings play on normal and gold on all stages to enable a skip feature to skip puzzles and to the end easier. 

Tonyyj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Tonyyj

Alright thanks guys, I'll probably just continue my normal save then. There's no trophy for completing the game on hard mode correct? Just gold on hard? If so, there really is no incentive to put yourself through hard on the first play through is there haha.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By natetodamax

I played through the whole game on Very Easy >_>

Tonyyj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Tonyyj

By the way, is there any way to delete a save file? I used up two slots, one for hard one for normal and it's kind of bugging me..

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By SteamPunkJin
    @Tonyyj said:
    Alright thanks guys, I'll probably just continue my normal save then. There's no trophy for completing the game on hard mode correct? Just gold on hard? If so, there really is no incentive to put yourself through hard on the first play through is there haha.
    There is a 100 point bloop for getting gold ranking on all levels on Hard. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.